Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

12-05-2009

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Itwas Luck, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Itwas Luck

Itwas Luck Wildtribe Mage

That's the date destroyer was introduced into Darkfall. 11 years later and gear bags still cost 2x as much. Can this be addressed? I feel like it's a relatively easy fix.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sintan, Hombre 6 and Sique like this.
  2. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

what he said ^

3. AFKTODAY

AFKTODAY Goblin Shaman

4. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy Contributor

Well its the players who set the prices, so not that "easily fixed"

The goal is to make rares rare - the knock on effect will be that the more expensive gear hurts destroyers even more.

There's a giant spiders web of connected systems behind each change made to the game that unfortunately doesn't get considered as much, or so it seems.

And I would say that easily happens when you've a behemoth like Darkfall in front of you(and its mountain of work needed), with little time and big pressure.

5. Bonii

Bonii Infernal
    Tester

what is the dribble that comes out of your mouth on every post

Hombre 6 and Sique like this.
  6. Itwas Luck

Honestly, it sounds like you dropped a couple of tabs of acid before writing this post.

7. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy Contributor

Whats the easy fix then?

Developers have to code cheaper prices?

8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Add Mastery bone armour with different colours and a little bit better protections, and lower regular bone protections. Simple fix

9. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy Contributor

He said gear bags for destroyers are still so expensive.
    No shit. And people want rares to actually be rare, so it'll get more expensive as time goes on.

Not that hard to understand.

And the latter of my post states that devs are making changes with not enough consideration for the many other interlinked systems that will be affected.

If you would like to purchase an audio book version, let me know.

10. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I think you misunderstood what he meant, he doesn't want destro bags to be cheaper, he wants mage bags and destro bags to be equal cost.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  11. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

Lol back when the cost of mage bags were justified because it would take a year, literally, of spending regs to getna high enough magic level to be worth a fuck.

You either spent more gold on gear (destro), or more gold on character (mage).

Atm theres no progression, in fact the only progression is gear, now.

HeganHatsumo likes this.
  12. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

bring back 100% back damage please

The Red King, Porch, Bonii and 2 others like this.
  13. Itwas Luck

sad I missed out on that. I'd roll dagger rogue and move to new york.

14. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy Contributor

@Itwas Luck
    Is that what you meant to write instead?

I'm genuinely interested in ideas / solutions btw. Just incase you or anyone perceives what I'm writing as snide.
    I also replied to you off the back of reading Smurfs 'sent from god' suggestions that dont actually have any detail, just ambiguous open ended suggestions.

I mean it should be obvious to everyone that there are a myriad of changes that this game needs, from minor tweaks to entire system reworks.
    Andrew, in his recent announcement, confirmed what also should have been obvious for a long time, that there hasnt been any fuel in the dev tank for a long time and the game has basically been running on fumes.

The reason I'm saying that is because the harsh reality is that things need to be fleshed out more than just stating the request.
    I know.. we're not the developers, its their "job" to worry about the finer details.. But like I said, the harsh reality is that things need to be refined and as detailed as possible.

(I like that we're posting on the forums again, can we boycott discord)

15. Itwas Luck

You'd either have to increase mage gear cost or decrease destro gear cost (obviously). I don't think gear bags should cost more than they already do, so destro gear should be altered to cost less. The only solutions to this problem I can think of involves making certain armor that already exists worthless, which I doubt BPG would be willing to do. I don't know how you balance gear costs without essentially removing already existing gear/making already existing gear worthless or worth significantly less.

16. KoKane

KoKane Celestial
    Wealthy Contributor

Yeah that's what I figure aswell. A bit of a nightmare when it directly effects other elements of the game that arent so obviously linked.

Though I'm assuming its the overall Total cost of assembling the full bag;
    What parts of the gear bag are the worst to have to maintain/obtain?
    What parts are the easiest that you never really have to worry about?

17. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

Destro needs a buff that makes shit metal armors protection Better, i mean for scale an plate armors. I would like to see humans with scale helmets and plate pieces, I really like the scale helmet of humans but it's useless.

18. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Guess I was kinda wrong I got the impression from another thread you just wanted them to be equal cost, but the cost of gear should not be lowered it is already way to low.

From when I was playing gear was way to easy to obtain, I felt like I hardly farmed and like 50% of my farming went into farming cotton which is now useless. I would have to die probably 50+ times in good gear (infernal q4+), and 30+ times in shit gear (fp q3), for me to need to farm again, and that is if I died that many times without getting any loot.

I have farmed farm more on other mmos and not even come close to having good gear (despite it not being usable), for an mmo that needs people out in the world doing things to create the pvp content the grind just isn't enough atm.

19. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

I cbf to read this but y'all remember rare leather and how sorrow farmed like 1k of each and then it was discontinued.
    edit: Jk i just read his post and it was indeed cotton he farmed not leather. same thing really though

20. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Have like 1k of each and almost 2k black cotton lol. Although I will prob never play again unless the population picks up a lot so its kinda useless either way.