Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

1on1: You are winning, he's running. What should you do?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scrapnotcrap, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Patron Legend

You've got a tiny window to kill someone in once they mount up. Once the few second window elapses, I mount up and ride off. I hate chasing.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

Chasing is fun though cause you don't know if you're gonna catch them, it's risky and that makes things a lot more interesting.

3. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

My philosophy also.

Kantor and Slayven like this.
  4. Indestructible

Indestructible Goblin Warrior

Mounts die in seconds from max magic direct back hits. Just kill the mount in seconds as a mage or probably have it outrun you as a heavy unless your rocking an r60 bow in which case you'll be able to kill the mount in seconds aswell.

5. Damphousse

Damphousse Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

It all comes down to assessing the situation and managing distance properly. If my opponent is a decent player and I feel he has a chance to win, I keep my distance and play the safe ranged game. If I feel he's skittish I stick on that ass like white on rice before he finds a chance to escape.

If they've got distance and a mount, you better be Usain Bolt at skiing or they're gone. I usually am a stubborn prick and try to give chase and hope they don't look at the map and manage their route properly, but that's just me.

6. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

I quickly log off and cry myself to sleep because fuck mount Sprint and being able to carry 2+ mounts

7. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

If you see them about to cast greater magic (begone) hit them with a come hither. If they mount up before using a movement spell they'll generally be too close for it to amount to anything. Also on your first chase with a bunny hop use stormblast instead of begone so you only take ~30 damage instead of 90. Also a good stormblast can allow at least 2 bolts in the air and a ray as you hit the ground.

8. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Those are good, but the player i was dealing with shoot ice-storm + blind. Even if i don't get the blind, that's enough confusion for me to not get him with the comehilther. Comehilther has become second nature for me, but it's not very viable against good escapist when there's more tools to use than mobility.

That's also what i do when i chose to run away. I don't have icestorm so i shoot the unholy AOE instead, blind (eye rot or confusion). Then i begone.

I hate to bring DnD because i know how most of you guys are, but on DnD, you can use any mobility spells against a mount. This is why nobody's complaining about mounts being fast, you can just comehilther them, literally.

#28 Scrapnotcrap, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  9. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Every answer defending the current mounts mechanic are irrelevent as nobody have yet to tell me that they thought DFO bluetails weren't balanced.

apophis and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  10. Avarious

Avarious Wildtribe Mage
    Supporter

A good knock up can either fuck the bhops of the enemy or make them fly even further. Back when I use to play and had a character with such spells I would try to either quickly do a come hither, well placed magma, or a tongue rot in the back and continue the chase.

Edit: as far as if they are in the mount .. you can down mount extremely quick assuming they aren't already stupid far away. Arrows tear them up but a quick ray cycle can kill them stupid quick.

11. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Do a 180, go the opposite way and wait for the opponent to rage tell you asking why you ran away. So many try hards do that

12. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

Cover your ears and shout "Im not listening!"

Im not saying the current mount system is great, but this isn't a valid argument against it.

13. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Supporter

Hahahahaha, this thread is terrible. Come on, man. Like I would ever be winning a 1v1. Get outta here.

:disappointed:

14. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

How is it not a valid argument? If something is considered balanced and a good tradeoff, and then you boost his speed and his total hp significantly (not only making it faster, but also removing the tradeoff), it can't be balanced now. To say that current regular mounts are balanced is to say that DFO bluetails were underpowered. This is pure logic. Maybe you think that they were underpowered, in which case we can agree to disagree, but so far I have asked that question like 10 times and nobody told me it was the case.

I'm not covering my ears, legit nobody said it yet. If you think they were underpowered, then say it. If you can't bring yourself to say it, than you are admitting current mounts are not balanced.

#34 Clarence Swamptown, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    apophis and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  15. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

I always chase and I never fucking stop until either I am dead or he is

16. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

Are you even capable of having an opinion that isn't cancer to the game?

17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I cry, because fuck that shit.

Chase... cautiously...

18. Tron

Tron Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Ok so how is he getting away?

If he started bunnyhopping, first I will try to interrupt it with come hither. If he's successful, I instantly spawn my mount and sprint after him. He loses HP and I dont. When he eventually misses his bhop get off mount and try to one shot him bc he is at 1 hp.

If he mounts and sprints right away, try to dps the mount as fast as I can and Bhop maybe once or twice to keep up. If I cant get him down I will usually just give up and go about my day.

19. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

I could ask you the same thing. Other than crying left and right I don't see you contributing alot...

I asked a really easy question to answer. Can you answer it or not?

20. apophis

apophis Goblin Warlord
    Legend

people will always vote for the easier option

you see in dfo a lot of bad players would just try to mount up and run from a fight, which results in the attacker easily bunnhopping up to them , 3-4 shotting their btail and killing them. they thought bunnyhopping was overpowered and cried.

good players understood you needed to get some distance with blinds/bhops first before mounting, and then going south/west, using terrain etc. in this scenario bluetails are balanced

people like being able to just mount up and run, no thought required, no player skill. ez pz mount and go

i have faith bpg will balance this shit, it's really crazy they must see it

Clarence Swamptown likes this.