Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

2 changed i'd like to see

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by birdxd, Jan 22, 2021.

1. birdxd

birdxd Goblin Warrior

I feel like having to press 10-20 buffs before every fight is super archaic and needs to built in 1-3 buttons instead, apparently this was a thing before but people complained? Why? That makes NO sense, it makes fights a lot more tedious and if you get jumped by someone fully buffed and if you aren't you're at a major disadvantage.

2nd it feels like you can't live out of chaos cities because you can't port to villages. If I want to bind at a chaos city I have to capital recall which is on a 2hr CD to port to villages. Feels like I might as well just live out of sanguine instead of a chaos city which is definitely a problem

2. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

Not sure who informed you, but there was never a 1-3 button. Instead what they did was take all the self buffs away from mages, a lot of mages didn't like this due to having to farm enchants for themselves, or having to choose what enchant to wear. Sometimes you had the wrong jewelry for destros and were at a huge disadvantage same goes if u had wrong jewelry for a mage fight ect.
    Anyone you talk to agrees that they want the self buffs to be condensed, all elementals to be one cast ect ect..

Also agree they need billboards in chaos cities imo.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Methodico likes this.
  3. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

There is literally no reason to live out of a chaos city. Going red is only due to killing newbies in capital cities which you wont get anything so it makes no sense to do so. You might as well live out of Sanguine due to the portals.

I hate self buffing, fuck, make one buff all spell that costs 5 of each reg! I have been asking for this forever.

4. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

If I remember correctly, those self buffs also affect destros. It really fucked up the balance.

What everyone WANTED, again, if I'm remembering correctly, was to have all of the stoneskin, impetus, etc, basically all of the buffs in one BIG cast that will last until death, or at a minimum, last for 3 minutes. It would've been much easier and they wouldn't have had to worry about the destro balance*.

Then you go down the rabit hole, see that they changed the balance of armor... damage... back hits.... on and on. Fuck me.

The billboards in chaos cities, I can't see why they wouldn't put them in. I would love to see more incentives to live out of chaos cities. Any OG's in here will remember the fun times living out of hintenfau and ottenhal, especially during the Merc/Freehold era.

There's nothing more fun than being a wolf killing humans/sheep, waiting near copperdale for lord zanuul and his zerglings to pop out with 20 players, all new, and fighting for 20 minutes. Going red was fun man. THAT'S what made Darkfall. No longer.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Strip Tease and Mimitis TheOne like this.
  5. Methodico

Methodico Infernal

Self buffs are a pain... :(

#5 Methodico, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  6. YapYapYap

YapYapYap Crypt Guard

Honestly remove debuffs and wof. Give mounts a cast time. Those 3 changes i may play again

7. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

spread the protections across amour sets and remove the buffs? duh

the only buffs should be buff others

8. Conqueror

Conqueror Goblin Shaman

Been suggested to consolidate buffs since '09. Maybe next year.

The Red King, Bonii and Methodico like this.