Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

2 Crafting Mastery Poll

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by aparks, Apr 7, 2016.

?

Should ROA go ahead with limiting the number of crafting masteries to 2?

1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. NO

35 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. No, but I like the idea of giving REAL crafters permenent PERKS at the cost of high-end PvP options.

21 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

NOTE: I encourage the Game Design Team to make use of Polling.

Crafting in DF is unique to other MMO's and instead of gutting it out, I believe we should be adding to it.
    True Crafter/Traders want to be able to craft everything in the game. They are after all "crafters!"

So the question is: "How do we make crafting more profitable for crafters?"

The game design team released this idea on Tuesday 4/5/16: "actually making players choose which crafting professions they want to specialize in by limiting the number of masteries any one character can have active to two."

I suggest they belay that idea and go back to the round table and add in perks for crafters at the cost to crafter pvp options.

Example:
    Let everyone craft everything. But add in a role system for true 100% crafter traders. Higher dura, fast trade wagon with two blue tails pulling it, faster than a single blue tail ganker chasing them. Make them able to sell crafted items to npc vendors for more gold than the avg guy. Half crafting time. Lower crafting resources needed. Let them gather faster, let them have higher skinning yields.

LOCK these roles on their characters PERMANENTLY, they can still do basic melee/archery pvp and maybe lesser magic, but they can never ever choose pvp roles like mage killer/destro and they can never do spell/bow addons like jumpshot.

Commentary:
    As you can see we are not removing sand out of DF now, but instead adding to it. By giving crafters PERMANENT crafting/trading perks at the cost of PERMANENTLY losing high end pvp perks.

Also other players can still craft everything but it wont be worth much when compared to the time involved and the outcome profit when compared to true crafters.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Auron likes this.
  2. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

First, this should probably be in 'Game Design Discussion'

Secondly I like the idea as it will ultimately increase demand of goods and promote clans to work together more. My only concern is that things like cooking mastery will be very rare on any serious crafters.

Kalos likes this.
  3. Mega

Mega Stormgraive
    Legend

I would rather it be one mastery.

Xipos<3 and Catorino like this.
  4. Yourlordandsavior

Yourlordandsavior Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

will hurt solo players, completists, and crafters.

wont actually benefit the game in anyway

DFO way or gtfo

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  5. mcdoogs

mcdoogs Chosen of Khamset

Zero mastery limit. hardcore af

leth1337 likes this.
  6. Kalos

Kalos Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Im okay with the limitation IF they implement more ways of trading/vendors/markets..etc. The minute I have a silverbranch and a full set of armor I can craft but have to use a r40 two hand sword, I will not be happy. Just being honest. I do see how it could be good for the game though.

7. Yourlordandsavior

Legend

how could it be good for the game?

8. Kalos

Kalos Varangian Warthane
    Legend

If you dont see how, me explaining it to you wont help any.

TwentyThree and Grumbagz like this.
  9. Jeradan

Jeradan Volunteer Moderator

Moved to Game Design Discussion

Nat likes this.
  10. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

They should re-evaluate it to be only a decision between the important masteries.

Cooking mastery should be not included in this so people will actually level it. Although maybe this will make the one guy who does cooking enjoy his monopoly. But i think this limit on crafting schools is best for things like armor, weapons, bows etc.

11. Yourlordandsavior

Legend

yeah didnt think so
    --- Post updated ---
    afking at the workbench requires no effort and at like 10 seconds per craft no time either, it will never be super profitable.

No one is going to pay you big money for 10 seconds of your time, unless you have a monopoly which you wont have.

doesnt matter that it requires a bunch of lvling in advance.

The way a crafter makes money is the same way a trader does, selling for more than he got the resources for.

12. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

True

13. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

meh, this is one of those changes to encourage getting an alt, which is understandable. It wont change anything in the long run though as 2 is enough to be sufficient.

14. Yourlordandsavior

Legend

the only thing itll do is make the game more tedious, it wont make crafting more profitable.

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  15. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

I like this personally.

Ikaika Koa and Hawkeye Helrazor like this.
  16. Grumbagz

Grumbagz Goblin Warlord
    Legend

As myater already said, Thomar's idea here is ideal;
    With Thomar's system, anyone that wants to be self sufficient can be. But this will give the master crafters a sense of purpose when their guild needs them to pump out the best of the best gear for a siege or anything else.

I imagine the crafting flow could be something like this:
    1) Non-master crafted helmet = lowest rolls of protections (but still viable.)
    2) Non-master crafted helmet = low rolls + non master Q5 enchant = lowest Q5 rolls
    2) Master crafted helmet = Highest rolls + Non master Q5 enchant = lowest Q5 rolls
    3) Master crafted helmet = Highest roll + Master Q5 enchant = Highest rolls possible

This would mean the gear bags than have been crafted by multiple masters (weapons, armor, etc.) and then go through a master enchanter would be the pinnacle of gear bags. But even then the difference in rolls was small enough that gear crafted by the solo self sufficient guy isn't much worse and is definitely viable.

17. Yourlordandsavior

Legend

all that will do is make non master crafters completely obsolete, if you were going to do that you might aswell just limit it to 2 masteries.

thomars idea that is

18. Grumbagz

Grumbagz Goblin Warlord
    Legend

First, the difference between the highest and lowest rolls was not big enough to make them obsolete. When you rolled the lowest roll on a weapon you didn't just throw it away, you used it unless you were one of those guys who had multiple absolute top tier gear bags ready for all the time. This system would only add value to those guys that chose to get a mastery in a craft. So a master crafter in some guild would really feel a sense of purpose when their guild needs a bunch of top tier weapons for their upcoming siege.

19. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

How? This allows players to be able to craft things if a master crafter is not available. It's also not just "shit" weps as the weps are typically in a dmg range of .4 from worst to best.

God damnit grumbagz stop posting on things I'm posting on! lol

20. Yourlordandsavior

Legend

because NO ONE will waste rare mats crafting mob drops when they could just have someone craft them max rolls.

in this system master crafters will do all crafting past blackbolts and bonesets.

How detached from reality do you need to be to think that people would seriously throw away their mats like that?

low roll JBs were basically pve weapons that got q1 enchanted if at all.

Master crafters would craft everything and the only difference from the original dfo system where most clans had dedicated crafters would be that the clan needs multiple dedicated crafters because one cant craft everything anymore.

and crafting would still not be profitable because it takes no time nor effort which is why youll never be paid much for it.
    a service which requires 3 clicks from you and 30 seconds will never ever be valuable.

like seriously no one is even going to waste money lvling a crafting skill theyre not going to be master in