Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

25mil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shieldbreaker, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

No need to do champs at all 110 stats is perfectly fine.

2. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

For real leveling in this game revolves around running around picking plants and drinking potions..... and then they wonder why no one plays

MaxiHori and onslaught like this.
  3. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

I'll trade characters with anyone bitching.

Y'all want my 103 stats.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Exactly, killing the champs is boring as fuck. It's not fun BPG.

IT'S NOT FUN.

clyde frog and Sameog like this.
  5. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

time to open up spell schools again... lets go level 6 grind!

6. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

They're not going to change anything... they are super proud of the literal 1 piece of content they have added in 3-4 years.

Inkarnation, MaxiHori, Bonii and 3 others like this.
  7. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

U sure you havent just been fighting people with haste? the speed difference between 100 and 120 quickness is around 2% so the difference between 110 and 120 is likely less than 1%

8. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

As some have highlighted in this thread the real issue is with how tedious killing the champs is, it’s rarely fun/engaging. I don’t think there’s a problem with the pots being expensive, this is all the character progression that’s left so it should have a significant price.

Funny to see all the complaints about how the grind was removed and then see this.

9. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Killing the champs isn't really that bad, its the waves you have to do b4 them.

Also basically all of the grind is removed, the only real grind now is 120 stat pots + gear. Both of which are easy to get if you treat the game as an mmo (which it is suppose to be) and not as an arena game. The grind in most mmos is far more than it would take to get all the 120 stat pots needed and gear for months.

Ylahoto, JasperHawkins and Porch like this.
  10. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

That's because people want to have their cake and eat it too.

11. SirJames

SirJames Goblin Warrior

PvE has always and will always be a main staple point for progression in MMORPG's.

Furthermore, the hardest/most difficult and most rewarding content has always been at the end of said MMORPG's.

120 potions seem to be the end, and they are provided by doing the hardest, longest, and most player required content in the game.

If you don't enjoy this then you don't enjoy playing an MMORPG. Also, if you know of another MMORPG which does PvE better than this game please reference it instead of making ostentatious claims. I know of no other game which pulls off FPS PvE better than this. But, just because no other game pulls off 10-20 player FPS PvE, isn't a claim that it is the best in its own right. However, the fact that it pulls it off at all in the first place is something to be enjoyed, and quite frankly I believe it is enjoyable to sit around with 6-15 friends and farm the hardest mobs in the game. To sit at the end and split the loot and have a laugh. To engage in the world at large at the risk of having to PvP.

Champions embody everything this game has to offer, and I believe veteran players are at odds because they don't wish to work for their adrenaline rush, which is typical of the younger generation of gamers who have grown up over the years.

If there were something I'd like to see improved with champions, it would be making them have more varied forms of AoE attacks and more damage on the whole to require more group healing and coordination. The rewards would need to be increased in tandem.

Porch likes this.
  12. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The core mechanics of pve in this game are good, the requirement of aim and movement, the fact that mobs also have aim as well. However past that the rest of the mechanics are pretty meh. The only real interesting mob I can think of is the shadow ones that teleport and go underground, and the ice dragon.

Other than that they are all very generic, there is also a lack of progression to these mobs, a day one char can farm pretty much anything solo, and a few things in a group. There is no interesting mechanics, no real bosses (although the fire dragon / ice dragon / demon (old name for it) come close). The champs are just beefed up versions of other mobs.

The game needs interesting pve to keep the pvers interested. So many other mmos have this for example dungeons with end game bosses, world events and so on.

13. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Potions are just a stupid lazy mechanic. It’s an RPG you level your character by leveling your character not my drinking potions or picking plants

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Because they are stupid, short sighted, and selfish

RoA is the most antisocial MMO in history

Brando Pando, Fengor and Ylahoto like this.
  15. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

Idk where you are getting these values or how you even know if they are correct. But assuming they are right, it still makes a difference. If you get in a melee exchange of like 5+ swings it all adds up and you are able to pull your staff out a micro second faster for a ray in the back that you otherwise wouldn't have got. It is a subtle advantage that is almost imperceptible, but it is there, and at high levels of play small things can make a pretty significant difference.

16. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Ping makes far more of an impact than this 1-2% swing speed. I highly doubt that a 1-2% swing speed would mean the difference in being able to cast a ray or not.

Ylahoto likes this.
  17. Garou

Garou Crypt Guard

I get these values from having tested it and not being a braindead retard talking out of my ass.

it makes a "difference" but in practice it really doesnt, because the difference it makes is dwarfed by everything else.

the difference isnt even noticeable.

quickness is one of the less impactful 120s, int and strength I'd argue are the most impactful due to the extra dmg, as well as vitality for the extra vitals.

18. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

lol

19. Sameog

Sameog Gravelord
    Legend

Lmao you are a douche. Idk how you can even accurately test that to get a value of 1-2%. How many times do I have to say it is a SUBTLE difference. Obviously it isn't noticeable, that doesn't mean it didn't make a difference. But I agree the other stats do matter as well, and I wish there wasn't a bullshit grind to get 120 stats in the first place.

20. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Just drink the same pot over and over again.