Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

3 Month Wipe Cycles. Please.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Dartemiss, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

I want this for Darkfall too. I want a vibrant thriving world with tons of sand in the box. I want to go to a Tavern in Mercia and play Poker with Sick Bastards and tell tales of our DF exploits over the years with big breasted RP Waitresses.

But We Aren't Fucking There Yet. And it's gonna be a long while.

So Darkfall can be on life support with these weird motherfuckers farming Q2 bile for god knows why.

OR.

We can get some Competitive seasons going in this motherfucker and do the damn thing.

Let's go

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Winner gets first choice on next wipe as to what city or hamlet they want..
    Some sort of incentive to actually win

Or other winner prizes any ideas as to what u win
    This would deffinatly bring sieges back

3. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Could definitely work. I'd like to see some kind of thought put into the season though. Like Season Leaderboards for Individuals, Clans and Alliances.

Clans/Alliances:
    • Most Sea Tower Captures
    • Most Village Captures
    • Most siege wins
    • Most holdings owned
    • Most holdings lost
    Individuals:
    • Biggest stack of gold
    • most crafts of X items
    • best PvE score
    • leaderboards for each high end mob
    • best K/D ratio
    • longest distance traveled
    Then like Slayveen said, you could have some of the top lists give a reward like 1 gearbag of your choice for some of the individual player leaderboards to use in the next season. Then for clans they could choose one holding to start the game.

They should also make clans and alliances carry over into the next season so they can maintain a season-to-season reputation without feeling like picking a new funny name. Then you need a database where you can look up any player/clan and look at season 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. of their records.

Nat, Dartemiss and Slayven like this.
  4. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Keep ur rune book...
    U have a choice for on new race during char creation things of that nature..

5. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Celestial

game needs to do away with all splash and aoe damage, then just maybe skill will be more apparent in this game. Two people can kill one person and never even have to put their cursor on the person they kill, just bad game mechanics.

kingp43 likes this.
  6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

There is so much wrong with RoA AND this thread

I don't play RoA now, but i'd NEVER play if they added wiped seasons lmfao fuuuck that

Dixie Normus likes this.
  7. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Dont know what game your playing but there is a definite difference for me in a fight wearing r40s and bone rather than wearing r60s and infernal... I can last nearly twice as long in a fight and do a lot more

8. JetBoom

JetBoom Crypt Guard

shutting the game down would be a better idea, less effort required to empty out whatever is remaining.

The Cannibal likes this.
  9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I know right? If they wipe the server once, a lot of the current players will not log in anymore, if they wiped it again 3 months later.... i doubt there would be more than 50 people left.

As it stands there is more people in the world than people think. Look at the new heat map. There is pvp everywhere but the map is so large that it makes it seem like there is no players. im sure at any one time of night there is 100 players just doing whatever they want somewhere no one else thinks to go look. I also think there is a good number of people sitting back and waiting to see what new stuff comes out and if the right content is added they will come back. Enough of the right content and this game could be bustling again. Word of mouth will spread that there is cool things to do now. Advertising will also bring lots of people after more stuff is added and fixed.

10. Juice

Juice Air Elemental
    Legend

Uhh according to numbers its about 4 damage from r40 wep to r60.... You dont know what you are talking about..

11. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Yeah get fucked.

You're part of SB which is part of the current largest zerg alliance so don't talk shit about other players being pussies for not liking your shitfail idea.

I'm pretty sure if you weren't coming to the game with a pre-formed clan to protect your ass through leveling you wouldn't be talking shit or pushing such retarded ideas.

12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

respectfully, no.

MikeJT likes this.
  13. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

4 damage on the weapon, how about the armor added? so i do 4 more damage and take 4 less making a 8 damage difference as just throwing shit out there? if a destro is in full plate and im in bone/scale he eats me up in melee, all other skills and stats equal, if i put on infernal with no enchants and the same weapon the fights with the same guy are ending within one hit one way or the other.

Korag likes this.
  14. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

I'd be down but I doubt it would be healthy for the game unless it was a seperate server a la H1Z1 Survival/H1Z1 King of the Kill. Maybe restrict the mode to a subcontinent/racial zone and have it rotate each reset.

Dartemiss likes this.
  15. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

So you quit playing the game and then you ask for the banks of people that have been playing this whole time bank grinding and gear grinding to lose what they have been working on? Me and another have been working on a keep for a little over 2 months and are almost done finally. So how does losing all those house mods before we can finish make sense? This would be the last straw that would make the loyal players that kept going this whole time just say forget it and walk away from the game.

MikeJT likes this.
  16. Troy

Troy Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Add more different viable playstyles. Remove the avatar mage and implement some sort of buffs to people who choose certain magic schools and block out others, ofcourse even out the magic schools first. Add more melee/archery specs. Give us a real tank.

kingp43 likes this.
  17. Dartemiss

Dartemiss Air Elemental
    Legend

I respect the discipline and patience you have to achieve that goal.

Maybe, like Sintan suggested. They could leave the current server alone and keep developing it and noone would have to be bothered by this idea that didnt want to.

Run a second server concurrently that wipes every 3 months. "Seasons" server.

18. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I can imagine that either both servers would be dead, or one server would be dead constantly.

I have a 6 month sub (since about a month ago), I bought that sub and continue to play with the expectation of the population increasing, not staying where it currently is.

I think there's ways the devs could introduce seasonal content without quarterly server wipes, and splitting an already split population up even further is really just a bad idea.

This game needs critical mass before it's really enjoyable.

19. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

What needs to be put in place is a faction system. This game should be a land grab imo think planet side/risk. So we have 2 to 4 factions that can be joined it is not limited by race it is based by clan. So the devs need to decide on names for these factions and add some lore to the game to build upon reasons to choose this or that side. Next clans decide which side they will fight for and the point being to control the land. Instead of wiping characters and banks wipe the land control. If they do 4 factions each factions capitol could be based in the 4 corners of the map each faction owning a sub continent. When a faction owns an area on the map they get increased not rates they get a little bit better mob loot little stuff like this. Let's not make it game breaking but add enough incentive to make it worth pushing for. The way to gain land it to fight for the hamlets and cities so each holding should have an area on the map attached to it. Here is were the risk element comes in. You take a holding you control that section of the map. You could even add in land towers that you need to fight over and push to before getting to the capitol. So before you can siege holding you must own the land that connects and have taken the land towers in the area before you can take the clan stone down. No more sieges just a consistent ebb and flow of battle.

So day one each clan picks a faction your capitol recall is set to that factions capitol. Then you push for center map taking as much has you can alond the way. The only thing is with this system these nut cupping vet clans will need to fight each other if they pick the same faction it will be a waste of effort. New players can still stay in the newbie zones just give them newbie protection unroll they achieve a certain level in there skills. Then they should have had time to pick a faction and clan.

20. Juice

Juice Air Elemental
    Legend

Ok, so 8 damage bonus, lets say 10, if you are against 2 people in robes. So 10 damage per hit vs 2 kids in robes, who's spells hit max damage because they are 0 encumbrance. So, if you were 1v2 against 2 kids in robes, while you were wearing say an infernal 4 piece mage set, you get extra 10 damage per hit, but they get extra 30+ for the extra person in robes..... Also, you need to deal with 2 health bars. Please stop talking if you have no idea what you are talking about...