Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

3 Month Wipe Cycles. Please.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Dartemiss, Sep 29, 2017.

1. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

maybe you cant kill 2 v1 in robes anymore. Maybe now numbers mean more than gear? Maybe don't engage those fights?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Korag likes this.
  2. Juice

Juice Air Elemental
    Legend

LOL point proven.... stop talking....

3. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

point is, meta is changing, adapt or die bro. stop whining.

Korag likes this.
  4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Are you seriously complaining about people in robes having an advantage because they have 0 encumberance?

Why are we even trying to balance the game around 2 v 1's?

I don't expect any player to ever win a 2 v 1 unless either the 2 are significantly bad or the 1 is exceptionally good.

kilrath81 and Korag like this.
  5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Lol.. everyone agrees your kind of a pussy. I mean your retort here, getting all butt hurt it actually supports it even more. So keep on keeping on kid!!!
    --- Post updated ---
    I do agree they could do a seasons without wiping the server. They could do it with a goof actions system, as to why they STILL haven't got it in yet is beyond me. It was supposedly part of the plan when they got rid of race wars. GET ON WITH IT and make Factions their is so much that could be done with this. If you don't have any good ideas for it go look up old UO shit and do something similar just don't fuck it up like ya did champ spawns.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  6. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

And what vet nutcup are you from?

People who come to the game with pre-made clans and alliances that will assist them with levelling and PvP shouldn't be making decisions for the entire playerbase.

But it's easy for you lot to call anyone who disagrees a pussy instead of admitting theres a massive flaw in your idea.

Come to this game not knowing a single person or a single thing about the game and then maybe you can start calling people pussies.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I started ROA solo and built my own clan we hit around 25 to 30 actives before all the problems BPG had caused many new players to leave the game.

Should change your name to Mr. Assumption

But yes you are right it is very simple to call someone that is a pussy a pussy. I have 0 trouble with that

8. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Yes I'm a pussy for acknowledging that new players to the game would be totally fucked by 3 month resets.

Maybe they'll finally be able to PvP with a maxed out toon by their third reset.

Oh wait they'll never see a third reset because their first experience will be so horrible they'll unsub.

If there was a win condition after three months smaller clans wouldn't stand a chance of achieving anything with the bigger clans constantly on the warpath.

You're complaining about being force to buy things because you're too lazy to gather for 10 minutes every 3 hours of gameplay but you're happy to force other players in clans and alliances they don't want to be in just so they can stand a chance in a 3 month match.

9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

because so many of them make it past 3 months now? Lol and no that is not why I called you a pussy I do not care for the 3 month resets as I made very clear in a post I quoted of yours. But again your all about them assumptions.... Go ahead go back and read how I agreed and made a suggestion with one of your posts... Ill wait....

You assume yet again about me being lazy lol. even after in not 1 not 2 but 3 times now I have said I harvest a lot and am not arguing this for my benefit but for the others I know and see asking for it because they are more causal and this would help them and new players alike.
    You are unable to comprehend this cause ya cant see past that damned mole on your nose.

10. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

So stop being a whiny bitch about it.

If you're not gathering to sell it you're gathering to craft with it.

If you are gathering to sell it then you won't make a gp extra when everyone can just AFK gather it themselves. Do I really need to talk you out of shooting yourself in the foot?

If you're gathering it to craft with it, it takes hardly any time to get armorsmithing, weaponsmithing and Bowyer to 100. Once you hit higher levels you barely need any of the base mats and you're better off farming golems.

You wanting to level up your crafting or get smelting high enough to do theyril is not a good enough reason to introduce AFK gathering, which as I've previously stated, causes all sorts of other problems.

Your need to see numbers on a page go up faster simply isn't a good enough reason to screw up the rest of the economy.

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Cause I want to decide how I play the game? Got a problem with that also???

12. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

No because you want to decide how other people play the game.

You want another players time in game to be worthless because you want more stuff for doing NOTHING.

13. Juice

Juice Air Elemental
    Legend

Numbers have nothing to do with meta....stop bud, you are a random non factor.

14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

if you cant kill 2 people in robes while solo then there has been a change. The "Meta" as you put it is simply the popular way to build your player. There will be a player build that will allow you to still take out 2 robed players solo, when that way is found and if its the most useful style of build the meta will shift in its favor. I dont think you understand that "The Meta" and "Your Meta" may not be the same. So now if you want to fight outnumbered maybe you need to kit out your player. Hit the min max a little harder. Maybe having more numbers should be worth more than personal player skill. Telling me to "Get out of here" or calling me a "Random Non Factor", isnt a valid arguement and sheds no light on your position and any facts you have to support it. It also doesnt matter to me what you think is and is not a factor. All i care about is that the game gets a healthy dose of new blood. If that means you cant string people out and murder larger groups of lower skilled players indiscriminately anymore or near as easy as it was, then so be it. For every person like you that cries cause he has a harder time taking on a group of low skilled players in robes there is likely 10 that we will get or retain due to the fact that the game makes more sense that 2 or 3 people can take out a well skilled solo player. Maybe they wont rage quit because some dude took out 3 of them.

If you are who i think you are, i generally find your groups behavior toxic in the game. I have clan mates that laugh in comms as some in your group try to insult and harass them. I know if i joined a new game and 2 guys god wiped me at a mob spawn in their q4 infernal siege bags, then proceeded to go on about how garbage i am and that i better find a new spawn to kill, then proceed to more colorful insults that i wouldnt be a customer. I would think the game is just full of toxic people with a chip on their shoulder that seem to only care about how many "tears" they can extract. it never ceases to amaze me how selfish some people can be at the expense of possibly smothering something that they love in the process. The game needs more mid tier players, players that can have good fights all around. The game doesnt need "Top Tier" players right now that want nothing to do with good fights and only seem to care about winning 100% of the time.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  15. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Lol you dumbass playing afk would be a choice not a requirement, not playing afk would be deciding how others play. Christ kid not o nly ya living in that basement but mama taking real special care of you.

16. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

When everyone can AFK shit playing AFK becomes a requirement or people who don't AFK fall behind, have less resources and less access to gear and resources.

Anyone who doesn't AFK will have to spend more time playing and gear becomes worthless.

You can alreasy buy R60's for half the price of the mats.

And there you go again, calling anyone who disagrees with you a basement dweller because you can't actually provide a good argument as to why people should get stuff for doing nothing whilst forcing other players out of the game.

17. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

you're sorta acting like this doesnt happen to casuals/solo/small clans in the first place.. either way the lil guy is screwed. this idea would at least keep the zergs who apparently are the larger population busy long enough for BPG to put in new content. you're correct, it would screw the little guy, but the little guy is already bent over the table anyway, especially if they're a crafter. whats the difference to me or you, if it keeps the game alive long enough for real change to be put into place?

You should just ignore Korag, he's so toxic that he'd argue with a dead relative as to whether or not it sucks to be dead. Plus once you piss him off he will stalk you across the forums just to bitch about whatever you're posting. Seriously, just ignore him.

#57 Carrot Soup, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I mean I call them like I see them, you don't like pvp and you have this candy ass hand holding concept of what the game should be, but it has to go by your rules or it isn't good enough. Why does it have to only cater to one play style and not many? You have the mentality of someone that has spent their entire life being taken care of so I call em like I see em

19. LisaL

LisaL Stormgraive
    Legend

I agree with half of this, there should be leader boards and/or win conditions but there is no need for a full wipe. We COULD wipe holdings every 3-6months with the new territory control system if it was tied into a win condition type theme. Would give every holding actual value, and a reason to actually fight for them. There is no reason to wipe characters and banks. Every 3-6months having the stale political map shaken up would be a healthy injection into the game though. It could create well timed shifts of power for clans and alliances also. There is many possibilities and outcomes on a system like this. Plus, who really wants to live in the same spot forever. Change of scenery can keep people active as well.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  20. Wizard of Yndor

Wizard of Yndor Crypt Guard

Server wipes in order to facilitate "winning?" No thanks, that's Crowfalls thing, not DF. It's a neat concept for an MMORPG, but that would be far too extreme for this game. Crowfall is built from the ground up to do server wipes, so that's a whole different deal.

Nearly the same thing (winning) could be accomplished by running events, and having win conditions with cool rewards. No server wipes needed.