Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

3rd time is a charm...not really

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earl Grey, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Goblin Warrior
    Tester

3rd time I attempt to return to DFO but.... its same old and worse.
    It look like 90% of towns owed by one clan and this clan is #1 by numbers + allied with #3 clan?
    On top of it both are veteran clans with elitist recruitment?

It is worse then original DFO when Blackshield/Zelots dominate server and stick nose in every event , every sedge, every clan war, snatch every good player and IMHO kill game. At list Zelots were moderate in numbers but BW number - 166 ! It is just a bit shorter then 3 next clans! Considering that BW allied with #3 Defiance...
    WTF is this? Elitist zerg? I know its contradiction but what else to call it?
    It look like political climate is worse then ever

I'm at best average but I appreciate game with player build and player burn towns, full loot etc because it help to build dedicated community unlike in any PvE game. I can take lost of sedge bags, death in open world or lost ship or town but for most people game lost appeal when results of clan vs clan war is decided by one elite clan.
    One of the reason why elite clans as Zelots could maintain supremacy is snatching best players from other clans for example Zelots recruit Catboy and a few others good player (dont remember names) from SiN.
    It had devastating effect and clan soon fall. First of all it effect moral and trust, second clan lost leaders and teachers and significant part of war capability. I have a few more examples like this.

Again. I like game. I would love to play with good community but I see any future in game with such disbalance.

Kol Taggar likes this.
  2. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

4. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Infernal
    Loyal Legend

5. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Let me go through this post blow by blow, so we can avoid some of the nonsense.

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Goblin Warrior
    Tester

#1. I did not count but at first glance ALL Major Towns are under BW. 50%... maybe if you count good for nothing hamlets but Carin you got all but 1 hamlet. Yasam - all but 1 town (I did not check all humlets but Sun Island is BW) in short everything that matter.
    #2. As for who you recruit I asked in game and its appear you are selective and if I remember correctly (1-2 yr ago) you were elite recruiting clan Also check Poll " Did I just Take over Agon overnight?" . Sure you recruit newbies.... newbies like Taco. LOL. BTW nice attitude
    #3. As for alliance check post in "Clans Discussion" :
    So are the alliances permanent?

The way I see it elite clans like yours are very toxic to game.
    I can be wrong but fact are here for everyone to see - You took over majority of towns that matter. A few left over went to NaCI and Defiance and rest simply not worse to count.
    Again. Personally I dont care but fact is players like you simply squeeze people from game. IMHO

7. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Still pretty sure this is just a troll but I'll play along.

Yeah, we picked up a lot of holdings while kids went to play WoW. Not apologizing for it, if they wanted to keep their holdings they should have stayed around. They can feel free to siege us and take them back (which they have done, fights between BW and Defiance/NaCl are usually fairly even numbers wise). Most of the sieges have been a blast; yet we're somehow killing the game? Ok bud.

Literally everybody is selective of who they recruit; I think we're a bit more lenient in our recruiting than the other major alliance, but if someone is brand new they should probably head to RnC or Beginner's Luck to learn more about the game. Somebody new getting destroyed at a siege by someone in full dragon probably isn't going to be very conducive to them sticking around long-term.

Attitude? Sorry, I have little patience for those who come in complaining and spreading misinformation. You should check your sources; using a thread that was posted over half a year ago probably isn't a good idea.

You can say we're toxic; that's your opinion. I'd say toxic is trying to run a clan out of the game (which is what NaCl tried to do with us). We fought back, and took over the majority of towns that mattered because everyone else dipped and went to play Wow. This IS a conquest game after all ;)

You 'don't care', but you made the time to write this rant... you might want to reconsider. Personally I definitely care, and I don't like people talking shit about my clan, when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

8. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

oof

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Indeed I made a general observation about game based not only on current status but overall history.
    I dont see reason to go into thoughtful investigation because its very clear.
    ALL Major cities in your hand.
    OK ... "Defiance/NaCl are usually fairly even numbers wise". Fine. You are better and you deserve your holding but what about rest of server?
    You squeeze out small clans who dont want to be involved (at last for sometime) in server dominance war out of game. How do they suppose to play? Out of chaos towns? From NPC towns? What about small clans warfare? Does it exist?
    Clearly you overshadow even greedy Zelots. At list they took a few major towns and they involved in every conflict and this kill game for many people but at list small clans could have good towns and grow to same extend till Zelots either snatch core players or other clan hire them for sedge at which point game become pointless.

I do care about game (obviously Dah) I dont care specifically about your clan and my rant is not just about you but overall game problem when with time elite players group in one or two clans and squeeze and squeeze players out. Zelots in the end realized problem. I dont remember name of their leader but he went to other clans to teach them PvP and practice with Zelots but it was too late.

10. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

There is 0 point in arguing with anyone from blackwater. They will always respond that they’re “doing nothing wrong and the game is thriving!”

Game desperately needs a bank/holding wipe & incentives to actually play. Without those 3 things I don’t see a population ever coming back.

PENETRATOR, Sique, BeatIt and 3 others like this.
  11. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

You can't take a 6 month old thread and one look at the map and make sweeping generalizations lol. There's room for smaller clans out there, if they don't get involved in the war between BW and Defiance/NaCl. I can't speak for the rest of BW leadership, but I'd be down to sell a smaller clan a holding if they wanted one; hell we could even 5 v 5 or 10 v 10 them for the fight, and then still give them the holding afterwards, win or lose.

The problem is, despite all the kvetching and whining about how small clans can't compete with the larger clans, I've heard of exactly ZERO clans approaching us and trying to obtain a holding diplomatically... which, to be honest, is the ONLY way a small clan is going to be able to take a holding from a larger one. For example, Chaldean has tried to siege us multiple times... and though the fights have been relatively close, they are at a disadvantage because they are just a smaller clan.

We aren't doing anything wrong. We're playing the game how we've always played it; it's up to BPG to change the game, not us.
    And I don't think anyone would say the game is thriving; it's certainly doing better, the patches and fixes have been nice, but there's a lot of room to go. Nice false equivalency though.

I think we can all agree that the game needs more incentives to play. Holdings need more value, then maybe we wouldn't own 50 of them lol. A holding/bank wipe will be utterly useless without TCS and many, many more changes.

12. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

Imagine going to the grocery store and you want to eat some ice cream. You go to the isle & some fat fuck has every single ice cream in his shopping cart. Are you going to blame yourself for not asking fatass for ice cream? No, you're going to blame fatass for taking every single ice cream. Use your brain, it's instantly extremely discouraging for a new clan to look at the map.

[​IMG]
    BW went out of their way to HIDE in calfadar and avoid pvp, even when having 10+ online. BW has always allied up any 'elite' clan they possibly can when times get rough. You're not playing the game how you always have, otherwise you'd be allied to defiance or hiding away in Calfadar. I don't understand why you even bother to lie, is cry gaul logged into your forum account?

Yeah bruh that's what I just said. The economy is completely ruined & 2 clans own the entire map.

Featherbeans likes this.
  13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Yea you dont do nothing wrong and playing by the rule but so and person who fart in elevator.
    Speaking about false equivalency.. Indeed game is better with all patches and fixes but unfortunately better game =/=game doing better.
    Where population? Game able to support thousands of players and how many actually playing?
    Game balance as spell/melee/performance is not problem. In this regard game is fine IMHO but social structure is a big problem.
    Balance wolfs and cows problem for all PvP games but specially for DFO with so much to lose - Cities, towns, ships etc.
    On one hand its great because people team up and work together to protect what they build and this make great community but on other hand people dont like to lose and so elite players team up and it has corrosive effect (IMHO).
    How to fix it... hard to tell. Maybe feudal like system to make elite compete with each other and take "simple" players under wing or maybe conscientious decision of community. I know a few very good players who actually try to safe game by trying to elevate "simple clans" and in fact Zelots in the end attempt to do so.

But ... hey hold on to pixels you you like to. Indeed its no against the rule

14. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

you started with infos that were so wrong that in the end, you really have to help yourself. login and chose a clan. you were not wrong about 1 clan owning a lot of holdings, but its really not anyone's fault if ppl have decided to not log-on to defend against 9 to 15 just to play wow.
    there's no way a clan has 160 active members. a portion can be alts or inactive.

in dfo, the imperial army was about to take over the map, but it only took a smaller clan of elitist to stop that. i think we had 80 active, but it wasnt enough at all. tsl was bad for the game in a era where newb's really had to learn how to grind hardcore.

15. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

BW literally Saved this game, creating content, market items for everyone, and persistent activity within the world. You're just wrong. two main powers at war are fairly even, so pick a side, and quit cryin

Urek Mazino likes this.
  16. onecent

onecent New Member

Yes every DF iteration had that problem OP tried to describe. Not surprised to see it also happened here.
    Only DFUW kind of solved it by using Dominion points for siege cost. For Dominion points you needed active players which contributed 1/10th of their prowess points farmed automatically to the clan.

17. Methodico

Methodico Spellgazer

The problem Is THIS GAME that allow us to keep many holdings. We Just play the game, stop.

18. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Geezy is like the BGP defender version of Sero

19. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Its just nutpicking. I did not bother to actually count but even at more detail examination BW own 90% if stop counting worseless hamlets and towns.
    So yeah by simple mindless count Geezy is right about 50% (I did not bother to check if its really precisely 50% I doubt it but does not matter) but mindless count is just this mindless. Real picture takes in account value.

Do you really think this fact is positive for your side?

"You're just wrong" is killing argument. and so "quit cryin" just great argument... for kindergarten
    How is that even fights if results are not even close?
    "BW literally Saved this game" .... ROFL
    Is this game "saved" really? Its function but is it good enough? Game can support thousands of player and now ....
    You are fanny man

20. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Calf has it all, great view nice dueling areas.. nice mob spawns.. safest bank staring bar none.. and all the tears, like a rainy day on the top of the mountain.. youve guys actually cried enough to make bpg to consider removing it from the game... lol.. talk about a minority crying loud enough to drown out the majority.. bw being the yugest clan ingame,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.