Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

3rd time is a charm...not really

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earl Grey, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

"God, they are dying so fast!"
    --- Post updated ---
    WHAT!?
    Those extreme PVE videos are fun AF and your commentary is kind of hilarious and fun to hear - I got to admit.
    But i remember a time where there was so much persistent activity in the world that BW was actually late for their own sieges.
    Scheduling is hard.
    When the sero siege season was taking place you gave birth to the salty lakes on the base of Calf and it was not for lack of activity.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

This is not true at all.

3. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Gm ibis was streaming the world builder making portals to the top of calf, later removing calf to place a sea tower ontop, people commenting about it on discord and you yourself @Neilk saying "make calf history"

4. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Contributor Legend Streamer

How is OP not banned, he mentioned population.

5. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Yes, that was obviously a joke. We can have fun sometimes too you know :)

Scrapnotcrap and Dum Dum like this.
  6. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

I like the analogy, but I think it works better like this. You're at the gym, and some swole mofo is using all of the good workout machines, leaving the scraps for your scrawny self to try to work out on. You've got two realistic options; use whatever defunct workout equipment that's left, or sack-up, and see if ol' boy minds if you take one of his machines, since he has so many.

Personally, when I'm a new clan, just getting started in a game, I don't say to myself, 'self, lets see who the STRONGEST clan that has been playing the game for literal years is, and lets try to match forces against them' No, that would be fucking dumb. Instead, a new clan should start out small and work their way up. Either notice which holdings would have value for your clan, but maybe not so much value for others... or use the diplomatic route. Politics in this game used to be amazing, but shit like that has disappeared since now it's generally just BW vs. NaCl/Defiance.

[​IMG]
    This is probably my favorite RoA meme. 'GUISE STOP USING THAT HOLDING HOW IT WAS INTENDED TO BE USED!!!' Sorry kids never figured out how to assail Calf, but again that isn't our fault, or our problem. Memes aside though, we haven't lived out of Calf for ~8 months now, and never used it as extensively as folks cry that we did.

I don't know if you realize this, but political climes in games change fairly often... crazy right?

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  7. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

Gottem, with the truth no less

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

you had WAY fucking more people then 9-15 when you took most of those holdings, I mean come the fuck on with a little bit of honesty at the very least.

9. Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino Wave Controller
    Benefactor Contributor

This thread is just so sad to read. Lmao go play the game.

Slayven, Geezy and quietnoobz like this.
  10. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

surprised BPG(Ibis) hasn't deleted this thread or locked it yet

Urek Mazino, Geezy and quietnoobz like this.
  11. Blaze

Blaze Black Knight

dont jinx it

Geezy likes this.
  12. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

You done done it now bucko

13. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

game's alive, idiot.

not.

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

The entire clan/alliance political system and it's mechanics are either non existent or broken, as are the siege system and holding mechanics.

I wrote about this many times and offered solutions years ago, got a bunch of 'likes' but BPG ignored it.

I'm not wasting my time typing it all out again, just go copy a successful sandbox pvp game if you're clueless

15. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

What kind of dogshit 10 IQ analogy is that. You still fail to see the bigger picture. If I go into the gym and 2 guys are using the ENTIRE fucking gym at once, and the staff supports it, I'm walking the fuck out of there and going to another gym. How hard is that to understand?

No holding was meant to be used to hide away from the entire fucking server idiot. The only reason you guys are able to keep calf is because BGP disabled rune marking in holdings. You haven't lived in calf since everyone quit the game.. You absolutely did use it to hide from the rest of the server. Again, who are you trying to fool? Is Cry Gaul logged into your account?

16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

If BW want to own so many holdings, that's fine...

Just add actual holding upkeep mechanics that increase in cost per holding owned and REQUIRE the owning clan members to consistently go outside and farm some specific mob near the city to cover the upkeep, as well as a reason the owning clan needs to DEFEND their holdings from raids outside of siege hours.

If the owning clan doesn't farm/ do enough activities to pay the upkeep, then their towers, city buffs, mines, and teleportation chambers turn off and eventually the city becomes unclaimed.

That way either there is more open world pvp activity, or clans lose access to holdings they can't defend.

Not showing up to defend a holding should never be the optimal choice

I'd also like to see territory control/ tax towers that work like UW and other points of interest OUTSIDE the holding that must be defended, maybe move the city mines outside the walls and have them go vulnerable at set times of the day.

SuB ZeRo likes this.
  17. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

I pretty much never agree with you but this is common sense shit that should've been changed in beta. There should be a cap on holdings per clan though, it's completely toxic to the game to own the entire map. If a badass alliance of 10+ clans forms and conquers the map, that's entirely different scenario. 1 single clan should NEVER own 45+ holdings.

18. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Everybody else seemed to understand my analogy fine, but it's cool, I'll spell it out for you; brute force isn't the only way to gain a holding. if you're in a new clan, with newer players, attacking a veteran clan with superior forces isn't going to go well for you. You're going to have to try your hand at a lil' diplomacy, and again, I've not heard from any of these smaller clans. I mean props to Chaldean for sieging during their prime time I suppose, but bringing 2 to a siege isn't going to cut it.

LOL you're crying that 'the staff supports it!' like BPG are supposed to stop clans from sieging holdings? How fucking dead would this game be if THAT had happened lmao. Protip: If you don't want a clan to take your holdings, maybe nut up and play the game, instead of running away to Wow for 3 months. How hard is that to understand?

Runestones used to be fairly rare in DF1... now of course nothing is really 'rare' in ROA... but I digress. Giving an opposing siege force the ability to rune in on top of your head in your OWN fucking holding was dumb. Holdings are already devalued to fuck; literally a bindstone, a portal network, and a rare mine, for those that have it. That's IT. If you can't get at least SOME warning before a siege force hits your system, what the fuck is the point of owning a holding???

I love it. The 'BW lived in Calf until everyone quit the game' propaganda is glorious, some of our best work. Those salty tears have kept the Calf moat at a steady level for months now.

I mean, we could have 6-7 different clans (BW, Grief Goons, LoA, Justice, BS, DoA, etc.) all with a chunk of holdings each... but it's better value, and it makes more sense, to have all those holdings in one clan's name. Cheaper portal sharding to holdings (along with a larger portal network), having all the wonders under one clan tag (as wonders don't give any benefit to alliance members), easier to defend holdings during sieges, etc. But no, it's easier to ignore those reasons and jump straight to the ol' "Bw Is TrYiNg To KiLl ThE GaEm!!!!" spiel.

19. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

Your analogy is shit because 1 person doesn't take up the entire gym. A gym is supposed to be used by a large community. You walk into the gym and 1 idiot has the entire gym, you walk out. Can you seriously not wrap your head around such a simple concept?

BGP has done fuck all to give holdings value or upkeep. They are as much to blame as bw. I have never played WOW in my life retard, I quit the game because there is 0 incentive to play. I would love to come back and devote my art abilities to help bring in revenue/new players. That isn't happening until Andrew is replaced or there is a reason to actually play.

You aren't wrong, but Calf is different than every other holding in the game. The only way to attack it is from ONE single lift that takes over a minute to get to the top, and it puts your entire fucking siege force within 10m of each other. That is beyond broken and even you should see how stupid that is.

No shit, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you should put everything under 1 tag. Everything you just listed isn't a 'reason', its just your way of getting around a gold sink. Which again defaults back onto BGP for not putting in restrictions or systems to discourage 1 clan owning 45+ holdings.

onslaught likes this.
  20. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Power creep in Darkfall is the only incentive for people to play the game. If you wipe banks your basically telling the active players you don't respect the time and resources they have spent playing the game.

If they wanted to address the problem they would add a system that debuffs gear like "rust" that builds up over time and needs resources to clean. The debuff would only effect gear that gets to be around 6+ months old from sitting in a bank or 1 month for people not subscribed.

Adding daily rewards that are account bound and can clean items would be neat and the same system could be adapted to include a stealing system for flagging items as stolen.

Would be interesting to see the mugging system in game, not sure if that was ever patched in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.