Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

3rd time is a charm...not really

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earl Grey, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear Forcefour

Bear Forcefour Goblin Scout

There is obviously should be an upkeep for every holding.
    Totally agree on holding wipe.

2. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

I don't know what game you're playing, but BW has been seiged practically every day for the past couple of weeks, sometimes twice a day, and lost quite a few holdings in that time.

If there's a clan out there desperately in need of a few holdings, and they don't have the numbers or skill to seige them, perhaps they should ask to buy them.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Goblin Warrior
    Tester

You probably mean that this mofo use one machine at time and reserve rest by putting some personal items? So machines are actually idle?
    Or you mean his ass so fat he can sit on all mashines at same time?
    In any case I would talk to gym manager and if he wont do anything I would just move to other gym

4. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

It's unfortunate, but necessary if you ever want RoA to have a healthy population.

Obviously FIRST fix/ complete (it's still unfinished in many ways like territory control, better political/ siege systems, high tier mage and archery armors, a soft/hard capped time based staggered progression system for character development and crafting), the game as much as possible and ACTUALLY ADDRESS the fundamental economy issues that led to a wipe being necessary BEFORE wiping/ advertising for 2 weeks and relaunching.

It doesn't matter how many good changes BPG make, without a wipe/ advertise (and im not talking expensive commercials), relaunch preferably under a new/ expansion name... the VAST majority of people won't ever give this game a second chance and even fewer will give it a first chance.

I promise you I am right, there are so many examples of MMO's launching too early/ starting bad, dropping 80%+ of their players, slowly improving the game until it's actually great, but it's too late everyone is over it and not giving it another chance so they eventually shutdown. INSTEAD of wiping/relaunching to a bigger more sustainable success.

For example if Unholy Wars had launched or relaunched as it was when it shutdown, it would do WAY better numbers and player retention than it initially did

Likewise there are games that aren't even that good, that are very old, who do wipes/ relaunches and get a HUGE initial influx of new players, excitement, and activity. I guarantee you that will be the case for RoA, BPG just need to have the game. (especially the economy and character/ crafting progression) fixed so that these players are actually retained long term.

It's not "fair" to the few people still playing, but I am willing to bet the overwhelming majority of RoA players would gladly give up their banks if it meant playing an exciting relaunch with 20x+ the current population. They'd actually have things to do/ fight over and people to fight with/ against again... that has to be better than some pixels in a dead game where everyone else has stacked banks anyway.

Being rich in a game without players and a bleak future, doesn't mean anything. Nor does having a stacked bank when everyone else does too. If everyone's rich then no one is.

Hopefully BPG doesn't delete this, I'd really like to see them finish the expansion, dial in the economy item sinks/ faucets and staggered time based hard/soft capped character progression so that people have things to do long term while simultaneously avoiding early game power cliffs and long "catch-up grinds" for late comers , and then put up a VOTE on whether the community wants a wipe/ advertise/ relaunch

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #44 Battle Smurf, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Jathen, Mega, Bakken and 3 others like this.
  5. LisaL

LisaL Ghost
    Legend

No point for wiping holdings. They can change hands easily with changes, only thing needed is the changes and the players can do the rest.

6. Methodico

Methodico Fire Elemental

Did you think that old Roa players Will like to start from beginning another time? Me not. After a wipe maybe we can have some player for the First Two weeks than same like now. So the reality Is that a wipe only means putting off the problem. And the problem Is that after you finish to skill your pg and After you understand how to fight, you realize that there Is nothing to do. Against all expectations pvp It's hard to find too.

7. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

ROA is finished politically, that's for sure. This BW and friends vs Defiance and friends will go on till server down, but no one else is going to come in and shake that up.

You want to see BW mentality-

My clan returned to the game after dye patch and we still had Angfrost, some new clan formed with ZERO holdings and sieged it. We was going to put up a defence vs this newly formed clan (Yomi and friends) but in the end- BW, who at the time had 50+ holdings, 75% of mines & all wonders decided it would be a good idea to join the siege and take the holding without any fight.

Greezy & his lemmings will zerg Discord and this forum with their propaganda, so its best to ignore their nonsense!

Featherbeans and CaptainAmerica like this.
  8. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Yes obviously

9. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Lol yah that was bullshit

Mega likes this.
  10. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

This is why I liked New Dawn's efforts to make it so the entire server couldn't show up to every siege, at least not without major logistical preplanning and obstacles if you die

11. Mega

Mega Earth Elemental
    Legend

That's how they roll.

BW is like cancer- it tricks your immune system to not attack it. Then it multiplies uncontrollably until it consumes all healthy cells and kills the host.

12. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

uhm just to comment on something mention above, runestones were not that rare in df1 myself and nearly everyone I knew had hundreds marked, calf alone many of us had at least 10+ same with many other difficult to enter cities. Not to mention I had dozens of marked rune to hot spot locations.
    BPG has broken this game so badly now, it makes me sad.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  13. Methodico

Methodico Fire Elemental

Thanks Andrew ♥️

14. Ibis

Ibis Goblin Warlord
    Staff Member Game Master

Cleaned and closed due to derailing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.