Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

4 am sieges/assett?

Discussion in 'Project Suggestions' started by Circa, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

Anything being done about this dumbness?

Rocky and Hyld like this.
  2. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

eu and NA will play on the same server

my guess sieges will be drop at anytime

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Circa likes this.
  3. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Soft siege windows:

ShlurthyGoose, KoKane and Circa like this.
  4. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

ah nice

5. Elunex

Elunex Crypt Guard
    Legend

Which will be interesting how it works out with the soft siege windows, how long they will last and such.
    Still many question marks surrounding how it will actually be implemented.

6. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

Either way we have confirmation that the devs are on our side when it comes to preventing sleepy time sieges as well as the fact that all timezones will play on one server should definitely help ease the problem. As to the implementation and execution we will have long months of alpha and beta to fine tune that.

7. mcdoogs

mcdoogs Chosen of Khamset

It seemed to actually be much worse on NA than it ever was in my time on EU. Maybe that was just because it became a griefing mechanic late on though

8. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

Not enough, IMHO, but at least they are timidly starting to shake off the "do not touch anything"mantra instilled by the lifelong teenage/no lifers residing in mom's basement...

I extensively lobbied for a hard change on this and if you search you find many suggested solutions.

Regards
    HG

9. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

Although 4am sieges are annoying, if someone is besieging you at 4am they are afraid to you face you like a man meaning you should have no trouble taking your city back. Soft siege windows are definitely a step in the right direction - you cannot go to far on lobbying for a hard change as this is a sandbox game ie players make their rules. I also wouldn't think this to be a major priority - the soft siege change is good for the time being I don't expect any changes on that until we actually play one of the betas and then we will have a better understanding on how to evolve from there.

Grimtide likes this.
  10. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

sandbox blah blah blah

No, players do NOT make their rules; can you siege a house? can you build a holding in different spot? Can you siege a holding with three hours notice (like it was at the start)?No because players do NOT make rules, the game designers do.

This has been discussed at length, on the long run no normal person that has a life will accept losing a holding to some no lifer coward at 4 am and wasting time to siege back over and over again.
    If this game has to be once again for people that have nothing else in life, by all means keep it as it was, however even those will sooner or later get bored once normal people stop playing.

11. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

Who cares the dogs who do it will be named and shamed but at the end of the day its a open world sandbox pvp game people can do what ever they want so stop crying.

12. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

We already discussed this "name and shame" delusion....this never stopped nor ever will...it doe s not work....again the copy paste "it's sandy, it's sand, man"....lol

No one crying now; I have a life, family, work, hobbies; who might cry will be little "it's sandy, man" no lifers if this game kills itself.

Never listen to 24/7 no lifers, they might be good at pvp but, boy, they sure have no clue how to do critical analysis...we will see if BPG has the balls to calmly consider the issues.

Regards
    HG

#12 Hyld, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  13. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

Sorry, i didn't ask you for your life story, i simply said stop crying its a sandbox pvp game yes you can name and shame people yes it will not stop them to do it again but il repeat again ITS AN OPEN WORLD PVP SANDBOX GAMEE and if you dont know what that means =YOU CAN DO WHAT EVER THE FUCK YOU WANT. So if maybe this is not the game for you.

14. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

True Dons teenage vagina is a sandy box.

15. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

Still a butthurt dork i see.

16. Hyld

Hyld Infernal
    Legend

Since you clearly CANNOT do whatever you want, since all is coded and regulated by game mechanics, cooldowns, physics etc, perhaps it is not a game for you.... interesting that the minus sapiens call "sandy" or "you can do whatever you want" ONLY what was strictly coded on the latest version they have played, they live in a sort of suspended reality, they think that the very few things they could do at the time were actually limitless, a sort of childish romanticism that makes them see their old game as the non plus ultra of gaming achievements, interesting form a neurological point of view...

17. Otis

Otis Goblin Shaman

4am seiges are the best, no scroaching

18. Truedon

Truedon Winterbound

Didn't read. You should seek help.

#18 Truedon, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  19. ShlurthyGoose

ShlurthyGoose Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Id like to see the soft siege windows in alpha/beta for testing. I still think that 4am sieges are flower... but a part of the game that should not be fucked with.

Roff Leiburne likes this.
  20. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

BREAKING NEWS

The topic of this thread has changed to "please add a dislike button" I want to see how many dozens of dislikes Hylds posts get throughout this thread.

ShlurthyGoose likes this.