Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

A more serious question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ijharb, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Tell that to all the people that kick and scream anytime anything in combat is changed

2. ijharb

ijharb Celestial
    Supporter

To be fair combat was significantly worse after the changes were made.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

according to whom? the 15 to 20 people that spammed and screamed the forums cause of it, who are still playing for the most part?
    You think making the game less diversified makes the game better? Just change everything cause It might be hard? how often do you go farming? No reason to change night time, nothing logical, just feelings

4. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

In Asherons Call there was a toggle in the options for Always Daytime, should at least just add that because night time is terrible in this game. To the point i have to go do something that has a 0% chance of pvp during the night cycle. And god forbid you have any sunshine coming thru ur windows (which I know is a major reason resident basement dweller korag doesnt get it) the game is practically unplayable (in borderless window at least)

5. ijharb

ijharb Celestial
    Supporter

most of the terrible changes got reversed. so yeah i guess people came back.

And lets be honest if 15-20 people are complaining about something that's a pretty big deal considering that's a 1/5 of the roa pop.

6. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Make night time last 10 minutes every 12 hours so when it does happen it's super spooky and still annoying.

7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Make a poll so i can vote no on it.

8. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Remove night? In a massive, open world MMORPG?

No.

This isn't de_dust2.bsp

9. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

Agon is a fake world where wolf's and elves shoot fire out of sticks, so why is a night cycle being held to real life earth standards? I mean, even in parts of Norway they see 24 hours of daylight, so this whole WE NEED REALISM IN A FAKE WORLD standard is just preposterous.

But if you wanna make everyone happy, add an Always Daylight TOGGLE
    If devs in 1999 could make it happen there really shouldn't be any excuses here

10. ijharb

ijharb Celestial
    Supporter

I think it's settled, everyone without brain damage agrees this change needs to happen.

Good discussion guys.

11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I agree it could be a big deal but the same people complain about any change regardless of how "good or bad" it is. They shouldn't ignore the loud minority but they should also not focus around them. Game has to adapt and change in order to have a real chance at success and a new crowd.
    --- Post updated ---
    how is it being held to real world standards? It does not last a real life night time cycle or anywhere close. Lasts maybe half hour. Where do you live with only a half hour night time?

12. ijharb

ijharb Celestial
    Supporter

alaska

13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

might wanna double check that. They have 30 days of night or longer not 30 min of dark

14. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

Korag you are just so desperately synical about everything man, is this your only social outlet or something? It's pretty obvious what I meant. The game is completely fictitious, so if it had no night time at all, it should not matter, because a fictitious land abides by no scientific law and thus there is no reason for it

15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Vid was straight and Yomi seems cool BUTTTT wtf is with this communities obsession with beta cuck homosexual music?? Like seriously, do you guys actually drive around listening to these 14 year old girls whining? Hard to think anyone could actually solidify a relationship with a woman listening to this shit without her being completely cringed out by your absence of manhood lol idk

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

look up cynical bro I fear you have the word confused. You might be able to use the word literal here but cynical is not the one.
    Me disagreeing with you does not mean I am "cynical" it just means I disagree nothing more. Why try so hard to read so much more into it than that? You attempting to compensate for something? You trying to trash talk but fail to find the right words?
    Stop trying to sound intelligent by using words you can neither understand nor spell

17. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

LISTEN HERE KORAG. OKAY?

Vid was straight and Yomi seems cool BUTTTT wtf is with this communities obsession with beta cuck homosexual music?? Like seriously, do you guys actually drive around listening to these 14 year old girls whining? Hard to think anyone could actually solidify a relationship with a woman listening to this shit without her being completely cringed out by your absence of manhood lol idk

OKAY KORAG?

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  18. ijharb

ijharb Celestial
    Supporter

Can’t wait until it’s perma daytime and korag is shedding tears on this thread.

19. Degamra

Degamra Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

cyn·i·cal
    concerned only with one's own interests and typically disregarding accepted or appropriate standards in order to achieve them.

The Virgin Army out here in force. One day Sero, one day I honestly believe you'll see a snatch in real life, I'm hopeful. But that probably wont be until you actually get a job and can afford buying some :(

#39 Degamra, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

FINE
    --- Post updated ---
    ok yes now tell me how that applies to me pointing out that the night time cycle is nothing like the one in real life? lol
    apply it for us, please show us your brilliance.