Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

A serious concern..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bLankszor, May 12, 2017.

1. bLankszor

bLankszor Ghost
    Hero

Server stability with regards to retaining players. I am more excited than ever for Darkfall this time around when just a few weeks ago I was contemplating not even playing. I really really really want this to succeed but with the constant server crashing 1-4 times a day this poses a serious problem which I am sure BPG are aware. This game relies on a health population for content, we need to keep players. Especially the ones on the fence who are "giving it a try" so to speak.

If the server crashes 1-4 times a day how can we effectively:
    • Siege
    • Complete quests/tasks
    • Farm anywhere else other than outside your city walls (you get sent back to bindstone)
    • Keep Mounts
    • The list goes on...
    If casual players have say 1-3 hours a day to play and the server crashes once you miss half your play time. The players who are on the fence or just aren't in love with the game yet will start to drop off, I know BPG has other obligations with their lives and jobs and this is a "project" for them but it is also a product we all paid/paying for.. BPG you really need to identify the root cause of these issues and address ASAP before you start losing people.

@Andrew

TLDR; Fix server crashes

2. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

It's the first week broseph, cut BPG some slack.

If this continues into the next 2-3 weeks? Yeah I'm with you, but for now: slow your roll.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. CreZee

CreZee Stormgraive
    Loyal Supporter

This is obvious... If they could fix all the problems obviously they would. If you know anything about programming you'd know it's not as simple as "Oh the server crashed let me just plug this in right here and viola!"

The game is heavily populated on an engine that wasn't ready for the population. If you were around in EU-1 the server would crash or randomly kick players out alllllllllll the time. It's not like they aren't actively working on fixing the game.

4. bLankszor

bLankszor Ghost
    Hero

I get it, I really do. Just trying to be a realist here and want this game to succeed..

Circa likes this.
  5. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Agreed, it will hurt retention. But I am sure BPG knows that and creating a stable server environment is their number one priority. I have faith and they will get it.

6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Agreed it needs to be fixed, but given the amount of game changes they made at launch and the massive influx of players I am giving them some slack. The game did not have any of these crashing issues in alpha/beta and I fully expect them to sort it out.

Grimtide, JasonDark and bLankszor like this.
  7. Eradoras

Eradoras Goblin Scout

I can only support what you are saying.

Everyday server crash is now quite difficult to manage, even if i understood that it is work in progress. but is it a crash or something deliberated to make some kind of maintenance?

Last Hope

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I have many new players testing this out deciding if they want to play and while not all of them see this as a big deal I have had one bring it up about how much he likes this game so far but all these crashes are having a real negative effect he has been thinking about not playing because of this, so the OP concerns are real to new players.

#8 Korag, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Drago, Nat and bLankszor like this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

This really needs to be fixed ASAP

It erodes confidence

Kalos, Circa and bLankszor like this.
  10. Nathero

Nathero Goblin Scout

Everyone knows this is a concern and DF1 had way more issues in the first week than RoA.
    Although this does not justify anything we should give BPG a chance to work on it. Besides they have seen what an unstable server did to DF1 so I think they know what they have to focus on.

JasonDark and Forgotten like this.
  11. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

This thread is useless

12. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

We fully understand everyone's concern and are tracking down each issue that has caused a server crash one at a time.

The servers should be stable until we take them down for routine maintenance or for when we patch, and we will continue to work as hard as we can until that is the case.

13. Nef

Nef Ghost

I understand the affect this has on new player retention. But for me personally, this is leaps and bounds above EU-1 Launch ( crashed and queued so long I waited for NA)

14. bLankszor

bLankszor Ghost
    Hero

Server just crashed again.......

15. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

i can't handle this much more.

16. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Ya kinda shit, up for an hr and down again ;/

17. HPV

HPV Goblin Warrior

Quit your bitching.

Forgotten, Fengor and Bladra like this.
  18. Nef

Nef Ghost

Anyone who is that concerned or unable to handle the server crashes should take a breath. Stay offline a few days, let it rock. I would prefer people continue to stress test so BPG can isolate the issues. The only reason any of you are even upset about it is because you are LOVING the return of DF RoA right now. If that wasn't the case, you wouldn't care.

19. HPV

HPV Goblin Warrior

How many launches have you been too?

This is miles above almost all launches Ive been a part of. Im glad I subbed and I havent said thta bout an mmo in 5 fucking years.

20. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

i must be getting lucky. ive played A LOT and have most stats above 40 quick above 50 witches brew whirlwind 350+hps etc....

havent experienced a single unexpected crash. is it really that bad? im just that lucky?

Nef likes this.