Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Actively leveling stat gains is like 3x slower than DnD

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Battle Smurf, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

This is pretty brutal after actively grinding all night my chars stats have barely gone up it's significantly slower than DnDs stat gains.

Stat gains from melee/archery need to be increased

Also To be a good mage in pvp you really need mana conservation and that still takes greater magic mana efficiency 75 which is a totally unreasonable grind that no one is going to get to just playing the game normally it requires macroing

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

You want to reach end-game PvP on day 2? Relax. It's a MMORPG. Progression is important, and gains are nothing like they used to be. The best way to level your stats fast is meditation. Get out there and get some gold rolling!

I agree that the requirement for Mana Conservation should be changed.

Towel, JasonDark, Kalos and 4 others like this.
  3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I disagree that meditation should be faster than putting the effort to swing/shoot thousands of times

4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Affluent Legend

Grind is fine, smurf.

I agreed with 95% of ur posts but now we have only 1 day of grinding, its not enough to be conclusive.

Skills: 0 to 50 is pretty much fast

Stats: the current 40 is like the old 70 so... everything is ok.

Some grind is good.

#4 NonFactor, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  5. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

You are probably doing it wrong because everyone I have been playing with thinks the gains are fine/ good.

NonFactor and Fengor like this.
  6. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Stats are a bit slow but they are meant to be the long term progression as well so we'll check back on the gains feedback after a little bit into beta. We're going to be making changes based on feedback as time goes on, remember it's day two only :D.

Keep feedback coming, we're pouring over these forums.

-Andrew

Lifeburn, JasonDark, Kalos and 6 others like this.
  7. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Fair enough but that was a straight 12 hours that's like multiple days for a casual player and it was kind of disheartening to see how little they went up from melee

8. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

What I found is that actively PvEing on mobs is slow as balls for stats. Did a 12 hour session of this roughly and by the end of it I had 16 STR, 17 Vitality (Some mediation might skew this) ,20 Quickness,13 Dex and 9 Wisdom. I then spent 2 and a half hours of hitting trees to see that my STR went to 18, Vitality to 20 and wisdom to 14.

As a mahirrim we start with 10 of everything and 15 quickness. Now I don't mind harvesting being alright for leveling but PvE feels so damn slow at the moment, and im doing it all. Meleeing, archery, occasional magic.

Rimamok and Fengor like this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Exactly I don't understand why hitting trees and metal gives so much better stats than risking my life and gear (gettin jumped at 30% stats is FUN) actively fighting mobs

I'm not saying nerf harvesting rather increase melee/archery gains to be equivalent

I am a human being with self respect I refuse hit regular nodes like some kind of peasant slave

I didn't do it in DF1 I didn't do it in UHW and I'm damn sure not doing it in RoA Beta

I kill shit and if I can't level everything I need effectively by killing shit and not afk harvesting or macroing then the games broken as far as I'm concerned. I'm not just talking about stats so many spells encourage (some would say require) afk casting and can't be leveled normally in a remotely reasonable time frame.

Rimamok and Becky Badonk like this.
  10. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

But aren't they supposed to be front-loaded?

11. Pitcher

Pitcher Game Developer
    Developer

They are front loaded. By the time you hit 50 in a stat, its effect is bit above what 75 was giving you in old DFO.

Fengor and DAlonso like this.
  12. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

The problem I have with the stat gain is that I feel like I have to meditate it, because it's the fastest way. That means I can't really meditate anything else.

Rimamok and Harley Franklin like this.
  13. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

pretty much the same, stats are so bad its a complete waste to use it on anything else til theyre maxed

14. MortimerSkullcrusher

MortimerSkullcrusher Goblin Warrior
    Hero

I do agree its a bit on the slow side.

It is fast with meditation, granted, but if meditation is much faster then actual active gaming then it promotes gold sellers heavily.

Rates should be looked into.

15. Cruza

Cruza Akathar
    Supporter

Ye, i agree on this. Eventhough i think it would be cool to have stats slower for long term progression.

16. Lockz

Lockz Ghost
    Legend

Feel like stat's should gain at a similar rate when attacking/casting/shooting a bow as gathering.

Edit: If you need to as well, slow them down late game, make getting 70 in stats take a few weeks then the last 30 points take a few months.

17. Angelos_Sanguinum

Angelos_Sanguinum Skeleton Archer

Thats pretty much like my two days experience as Dwarf. Same Str and Vitality, I was killing mobs without any meditation. Except I still have low Quickness 12. Now I turned meditation on for night and it gave me + 11 to Strenght, to 27 and it took about 3400 points for about 12 hours(offline meditation only I think).

#17 Angelos_Sanguinum, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  18. murk

murk Crypt Guard
    Supporter

Stats were always the only thing brutal about the game. and news flash; they're still a fucking korean grind.

unacceptable tbh

onslaught likes this.
  19. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

did passives ever help stat grind
    dont for get they are all at 100 now for you so the quickness you gained for running lets just say you will never gain because its 100.
    I dont know what passives gained stat wise if any but its a thought looking into.

20. MortimerSkullcrusher

MortimerSkullcrusher Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Swimming for sure, no clue about others.

Either way, it should be much easier to get to 50 stats, and harder as you progress. Not only do we start with less stats but if the grind is this slow even in a years time I wont be maxxed stat wise.