Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Add better items that expire after a certain amount of time.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorrow Avaritia, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

I agree they should have left it in look up my post history I railed against it. They just needed to lock out or extremely penalize arac for it to work. This is why I keep pushing factions to keep hard bangers busy and allow smaller weaker players and clans to fight amongst themselves.

I don’t remember anyone saying bunnyhhopping had anything to do with abso leaving or staying and I assure you that had little to do with it.

Problem is all you “ hard bangers” don’t want actual fair fights contrary to what you say on these forums because every single one of you would farm our members when they did play. Those weren’t fights. Those were you guys feeling good about yourselves while stopping us from advancing because we could only play very limited prime time hours due to jobs kids wife’s life’s. After day 2 we were behind.

No one wants to be farmed constantly NO ONE and if it happened to you you would stop too no matter what you say.

Happens anytime one group of elites starts pooping on the rest.

In recent memory. Reign> defiance.

They even threatened to quit if bpg didn’t make it harder to siege ffs and the price went up.

But one abso Guy makes a thread about hopping and the whole clan is remembered for it.

Guess you build 100 bridges no one cares , but suck one dick....
    --- Post updated ---
    Try every engagement and I’ve still been here playing the whole time.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Shadow Knight
    Legend

"BPG, WE WANT A 1V1 RANKED ARENA!"

You're right though, when people "farmed" your members, it wasn't a fairfight, it was 1 person VS 10, you guys definitely had an advantage, and still couldn't do shit.

Apparently, bunny hopping is easy and all you have to do is "press space bar" (I think this was one of the arguments for the changes, correct me if im wrong), therefore it should be nerfed, because its not fair that 1 person can constantly harass a group of players (easily pressing space bar to chase that 1 person is not an option)

I also LOVE how BPG listened to your clan's compelling arguments to get portal chambers removed. Something along the lines of: It's not fair that certain clans get to have a good portal network, while other clans don't get a good portal network. (Fighting/allying/playing poltiics with those clans for that portal network isn't an option)

Another AWESOME argument put forth by some outstanding players of the Darkfall community (this one REALLY brought players back in droves): Changing armour/combat values to make it so gearcrutching is a thing.

- Grind is too long: Reduced the grind (this saved the game)
    - "WE NEED MORE SELENTINE GOLEMS, MY HOLDING DOESNT HAVE ONE" (sieging a holding near a selentine golem isn't an option) - saved the game

Oh wait, none of this actually made a difference.

tl;dr: Shit tiers killed DF, AGAIN. (probably has something to do with lack of game knowledge/common sense, hence the reason we call them shit tiers.

#22 Sero, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    aerodude and Squanto like this.
  3. Squanto

Squanto Winterbound
    Legend

When I wasn't a very good player, I loved killing noobs and people that were way worse than me. Its that way for everyone who isn't good, sheep need to eat other sheep. Once you become a wolf, you want to eat other wolves. Im sure for a lot of the vets who are sheep wearing wolf masks, they still want to eat sheep.. but do you honestly think good players enjoy killing noobs? I was on for a few hours today, I smashed every person that I fought. Its not fun, I want to fight other people that are my level. All of those players quit or are scared and only roam in groups of 8. Id love to have an elo system, even if it wasn't full loot and if I had to sit in queue for hours, I wouldn't mind. At least I would get fights that were somewhat enjoyable.
    For a LONG TIME when we split off from Instinct (Arrow/Prodigy, ect) I died to Arrow over and over and over. It was really annoying to die to the same guy over and over again.. but thats what this game is. You either adapt and learn how to fight people who are better than you and get better yourself, or you quit. There is nothing you can do to keep people in the game who get mangled, if they want to quit they are going to quit. If kids wanted trammel in DF, i would be fine with it.. but I doubt that will ever happen.

4. Dixie Normus

Legend

Try every en
    Again.

Your having a discussion with me, not absolution.

Absolution is gone.

I suppose you can keep coming up with insults to people who don’t play the game as well as you or “98%” of people.

Again I’ve been here this whole time. Even when you throw hissy fits and leave because of one change or other I’ve been here. You can siege me out, camp me, fuck you can drive to my house and throw bags full of shit at it and I’ll still play. Although in the latter your scrawny lil Canadian ass would t like the result :p

I will still be here. Always been here.

Maybe for once they should add things for people who don’t play esports.

And since you guys are so good, why aren’t you making cash money streaming fotm FPS games?

You say shit tiers ruined the game but literally almost everything added is gated behind pvp. They have been catering to the top% forever.

5. Sero

Sero Shadow Knight
    Legend

You and absolution are grouped into the same category: Noob that doesn't understand. Evident by you saying the whole world should be a safe zone and that if you had to OPT into PVP the game would be saved.

6. Dixie Normus

Legend

There’s no adapting. I will not ever be able to kill you. Even if you had a stroke while playing and I started to put dps you you would reset on me.

Prove me wrong. I will literally duel you 1000 times and if you can even get me good enough to beat a mid tier vet I’ll take back everything I said.
    --- Post updated ---

Andrew has stated many times they are moving the mainland more towards lawful and safe. Maybe I’m not the one playing the wrong game?

7. Sero

Sero Shadow Knight
    Legend

Ofc they're moving the mainland towards more lawful and safe, I'am FOR high sec.

Guess what though? The good spawns are still going to be contested over on the islands, where it isn't a safe zone. The game needs conflict to drive conquest and clan PVP, making the entire world a safe zone doesn't fix that bucko.

8. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I don't get how people are so poor, I farmed pretty hard for 2 weeks at the start and then I farmed some champs in the week leading up to the patch that allowed sealed treasures to be opened. Other than that I have probably farmed around 10 hours max and my bank i
    Haha its so easy to stop yourself getting griefed, only requires a little common sense, the world is huge just go where there isn't any1.

Also you say "Hard Bangers" don't want fair fights, but most of them do. I personally prefer close fights, I just fight any1 I come across and have never gone around noob areas killing noobs. The only time I kill noobs is when they fight at villages or high end mob spawns. Fighting noobs is boring as fuck, I am an EU player and all I ever came across was RMR / GG / SWAT and them fights were boring as fuck, even at 1:2 odds they didn't usually put up much of a fight and it was just boring, this was at villages btw, I use to just go to what I would consider the main ones. I very rarely came across good players at that time of day and it just got boring and is a large part of why I quit.

This is why I can't imagine that "Hard Bangers" actually enjoy these kind of fights.

9. Squanto

Squanto Winterbound
    Legend

find an average or mid tier player who would duel you, give me some form of compensation for my time, get shadowplay set up so you can stream your perspective. Msg me when u have that set up and i will make you not shit (I was gonna say good or average or a god, but not sure where you are at right now so cant promise anything).

Kanak, Dixie Normus and l0st exile like this.
  10. l0st exile

l0st exile Deadeye

good luck

11. Dixie Normus

Legend

where would i find one?
    --- Post updated ---
    AHH one found me

12. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Akathar
    Supporter

Dixie Normus = Tolbin from the DND forums

There's no point arguing with him. Just have to hope BPG is smart enough not to try and go the way people like Tolbin had ub3rgames take DND.

That is the awesome part about Darkfall, the PvP.

The PvE sucks. The questing is laughable. The sandbox elements are few and mostly pointless. The only point of the game that is superior than any other game is the PvP. If you don't like Darkfall PvP, there is literally no reason to be here as there are tons of games that do the other stuff way better.

Improving the stuff not PvP sounds like a great idea, but I don't think people truly understand how shit the rest of the game is.