Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Add Reaction Blocking and Dodge Rolling

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Ryco Stormeye, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

What did I tell you guys in a thread related to the introduction of blue zones and partial loot. I actually saw this happening and I was not the only one for sure.

Some players are completely unable to adapt and will start complaining about everything they can't adapt to.

It's one of the most dangerous and explosive mixes in human nature: mediocrity and self-righteousness.

Dodge roll? what the hell?! This is not fucking Guild Wars 2.

Yo, yo, put dodge and roll and make a trait tree around it, so you can get Rage levels of magic mitigation for 5 seconds after you dodge roll and an increase of 20% in running speed and 25% more staff mag for the duration.

THERE ARE OTHER GAMES OUT THERE that already have this.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #21 Featherbeans, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Not_Primetime likes this.
  2. JasperHawkins

JasperHawkins Infernal
    Loyal Legend

I don't dislike the idea of more movement spells but if you watch any PVP video that's more than a 3v3 and see how many knock ups and disables and everything else are going on it would just turn into a zoo and it's not really practical for the game with its current combat.

Jman

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

i take back what i said.

im against blocking mid swing. i believe blocking in melee combat is viable already. its just that we have disabling blow and 1handed weapons are not good enough to main. i block lot in melee: forcing my opponent to use disabling blow in predictable manner.

#23 Scrapnotcrap, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Blaze likes this.