Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Adept and Come Hitter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Feb 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Kids really want NO fall damage huh. I'm sure that would increase the skill ceiling, right?

Literally 2 days after the change and kids are already crying for a change AGAIN, instead of learning/trying to adapt to the changes.

Not to mention, one of the BIG differences in DF1 and RoA is that everybody in RoA has impulse/begone at level 5, so of course you're going further at a higher acceleration, which will equate to higher damage. Take advantage of the revert that BPG is offering for those skills.

I'll concede The concussion grenades are new to Darkfall, so it might be fair to wonder how they interact with the new fall damage. But again literally 2 days after the change isn't a lot of time to test things out.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #21 Geezy, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  2. chad

chad Celestial
    Loyal Hero

Yes, you'll pretty much always take damage on an initial hop -- pretty irrelevant though, I think. That hop is slightly faster than a mount sprinting. You can do the same thing with spikes and impulse.

If you want to go a lot faster than mounts, you can take 30 per hop infinitely. I think it's fair.

When do you run from fights? at 100% hp or at 50% hp? For me, if I'm getting zerged it's because I didn't notice a lot of people converging on me. Typically I'm low health when I try to run. With sprain, it's very hard to get away. But if I can hop on 1 hp, I feel like I have a chance.
    --- Post updated ---
    Begone is slower in RoA than in DFO. It has been that way since beta, I think? They did it to combat water hopping after ships, but I think it was a mistake. They increased ship speed and slowed down begone. I think just the ship speed would have been good.

Concussion grenades are just light spikes with a cooldown and impulse is just shrapnel with a faster cast time.

JasperHawkins, Volfen and Blaze like this.
  3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

try zero damage with impulse, stormblast or battlespike. its a flat 30 per hop, not considering the initial spell damage what is 10-15.

my point is: escapes are one of the accidental features that made darkfall unique. why we need to punish it?

the previous numbers were FINE and literally no one complained about it.

its back exclusively because neilk is lazy to remove the sprain without rollback the entire shit.

4. chad

chad Celestial
    Loyal Hero

I can record the other hops if you don't believe me on not taking damage, but it's really irrelevant. You could do this before, during, and after sprain era. In the cases you do take damage, instead of taking between 16-36 you take 30 or very rarely 90 -- but you can do this infinitely.

If they lower damage, it won't bother me, but it will be hard for me to say that bunny hopping is balanced.

JasperHawkins and Blaze like this.
  5. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

The skill ceiling between both is completely different. Impulse has no skill ceiling let'ss be real. It's easy af.

We know it comes natural for you: You like to put words on other peoples mouths that were never said and describe things that never happened.
    But that does not mean we are gonna let it slide.

BPG did not revert bhop to mirror df1 mechanics - opposite to what you alluded, so the "ok done" is wrong - because some of the skills used to bhop are different from DF1.

Next time be smart and don't lie yet another time trying to provoke havoc on the forums.
    Anything you might say after this is way below the intelligence threshold of the normal human being and i'm not gonna reply to it no more.
    TY for replying to my questions, tho. Appreciated.
    :kissingheart:

#25 Featherbeans, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

They reverted hopping to how it was in DF1, with obviously the new spells still in place (impulse instead of shrapnel, concussion grenades instead of light battlespikes). JFC I didn't think I'd need to explain that, but small brains abound.

The increased damage is a fair trade-off to having sprain removed. Chad explained it pretty eloquently; I'd suggest reading his post.

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  7. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

it’s nothing like dfo was. Did you even play dfo?

starting to doubt it as you even call it df1.

8. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

What do you mean it's nothing like DFO? Now you can hop to your hearts content, all the way to 1 hp, and you can keep hopping. Fall damage is similar to how it was in DFO. Explain to me how what we have now isn't basically how hopping worked in DFO?

I played OG Darkfall from beta up til the bitter end. It was the first iteration of Darkfall, so I sometimes refer to it as DF1. I know that's hard to comprehend.

Like literally look at the first 10 seconds of this video:

One of the best hoppers in the game goes to 1 health in like 4 or 5 hops. Specifically, it looks like the first hop deals cap (90) damage to him.

#28 Geezy, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  9. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Wildtribe Mage
    Wealthy Legend

Look at that beautiful green grass

Geezy and Slayven like this.
  10. Dixie Normus

Legend

It’s like half the fucking speed. Try to not white knight so fucking hard it really makes you look like a rent boy.

edit: saying df1 implies there was a df 2. And if you think that’s true no wonder you say some of the shit you do.

NonFactor likes this.
  11. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

What? Are you guys crying about the speed, or about the damage that you take from the spell? I can't keep track of the tears. Like seriously, what would make you happy? B-hopping at the speed of light while also taking no damage? That wouldn't be OP at all.

Edit: You realize this game was once called Darkfall: Rise of Agon, right? Considering it started out as literally a later version of the OG Darkfall, considering this a sequel (and ergo, Darkfall 2, electric boogaloo) isn't that far off-base. JFC kids on these forums will literally argue about anything lmao.

#31 Geezy, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

man just ignore geezy, hes kinda slow.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  13. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Not too surprised that a kid who can't count also can't understand logic and reasoning

C'mon, I'd say RoA is at least 57 percent Darkfall wouldn't you?

Dum Dum likes this.
  14. Dixie Normus

Legend

The only thing I said about begone in this thread is that it isn’t the same as dfo which you claimed it was.

I’m not arguing damage or anything else, I’m arguing your statement which was false.

Every thread all I see is you white knighting and arguing with everyone.

do you get that much favoritism? Or are YOU the mystery gm?

15. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

I feel begone is different in the way it initially propels you. In df at 50 you did not get thrown very fast and would have a higher chance to not take damage right away, depending on slopes of course. Right now, I am at 2, which is 50 and I still get launched really fast. It does feel off, I can slow myself down and take no damage, but the propulsion is different compared to DF.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  16. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

I argue with folks that spread misinformation. Around here, it's a full time job.

If you don't want to believe me about begone, or believe the members of BPG which have said the same... then ok I guess?

Idk, maybe your memory of a 10 year old game is better. Your crush on me is also noted, but unfortunately you'll need to get in line ;)

#36 Geezy, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  17. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Keep arguing with yourself, then.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  18. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

As much as Bunnyhopping has saved me from zergs, its going to be a big hindrance/deterrence to the average player. Being able to just escape zergs at will is going to turn lots of people off from the game. If 20 dudes are running you down on mounts, they should kill you most of the time. This game needs zergs/sheep in order for it to be fun again. As someone who has played the game since launch, it has slowly been designed to cater to the wolf over time. Look at games like Albion, they have plenty of mechanics that are solely for zergs, and ganking as a zerg is a big thing. It enables shittier players to have fun ganking/in pvp. There are also players who only do small scale stuff and they are able to have fun because the threat of zergs is out there. This game needs players and pve mechanics that are designed for groups of 50+ to fight over. As much as I don't want to be in a zerg, I know that the zergs need to have the advantage most of the time in order to keep the average player interested and feel like they are accomplishing something.

This video is what should happen if you run into 10+ enemies and you are not being careful in your positioning.

Ky Ky was one of the best players at the time, and he was gunned down by a gang of noobs with bows. Compare that to situations that Luck got himself in and was able to just bunnyhop away.

19. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

The game is a lot different now. Fighting to the death against impossible odds back then before the age of CC spam was a hell of a lot funner. I actually lived for it and died hundreds of times a week having a blast doing it. You actually got to play the game even though your chances of winning were zero. Now days you spend the entire fight CC'd and die without having much fun or even a chance to do damage. It isn't fun. I would much prefer the early days of no bhopping and much less CC, but that isn't the game we have now at all at least not without a substantial global reduction in CC. Its that CC and the ability to just remove a solo players ability to do anything at all when getting zerged that made bhopping completely mandatory in the first place. I would trade away bhopping in a heartbeat if it got me gameplay from before the knockup/blind/wof/comehither spam era even if that meant I died a hundred times a week again. At least I had fun then....

20. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I agree 100%, the game needs less knockups, less blinds, less ridiculousness in general. Players come flying in at 100mph and knock you 50 feet in the air and then you float in a bubble while getting rayed. The destroyer playstyle restricts you to melee/archery damage, their should be equivalent mage playstyles (one focusing on damage, very small amount of utility) and (low-medium damage, large amount of utility), and (high healing, moderate utility, little to no damage) or something along these lines. This is all a result of making short sighted, knee jerk changes without trying to reach a balanced end point. The last 2-3 years of development have been buffing mage, then buffing destro to compensate, then nerfing mage, then nerfing destro to compensate, without an end goal in mind. I mean even the unholy wars "class era" was better than the "everyone can have everything era". As it is now, you are either the mage template being able to do everything, or the destroyer/indestructible template able to do very little but are tanky and do a lot of damage. Its a class system with 2 oddly designed templates. Rather than nerfing/removing CC, make someone spec into CC, make them spec into healing, etc.

Slayven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.