Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Adept and Come Hitter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NonFactor, Feb 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

I feel this and agree
    You were never meant to have it all when game was originally designed and I’ll keep saying we need the diversity of specs..please

2. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

So if it’s the same how can you do it in every direction? Why does it propel you differently.

You can argue it’s better this way or worse, but it is definitely not the fucking same.

They really shouldn’t let you post on here without your gm tag.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Featherbeans likes this.
  3. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Are you serious? Are we really complaining about where begone was fixed to make it work in all directions?

There's no screenshake either now, want to complain about that next? Lmao.

I don't like repeating myself, but I'll give it one last go. Begone was reverted to how the skill worked in DFO (disregarding the screenshake change and making the spell not direction dependent, which would have NO EFFECT on how it works). Not everyone had begone leveled to 4-5 in those days... Begone works somewhat differently at lower levels, which is why BPG is giving the opportunity to revert your Begone skill.

Don't believe me? Here's a few quotes from the man himself. About current begone:
    upload_2020-2-12_18-36-12.png

About making ANY changes to how begone behaves currently, or fall damage values:
    upload_2020-2-12_18-37-52.png

Now to be fair, Roa is not DFO. If you compare the old videos of DFO to say a video of a siege nowadays, it kinda feels like the DFO videos are being played at like .8 or .9 speed; everything just seems slower. Also ping can play a role as well; using begone at 150 ping will be fairly different than using it at 50 ping. Which could explain why although the spell is reverted, it FEELS differently than it did 10 years ago.

Either way, Neilk and BPG have made it clear that they aren't entertaining further Begone or fall damage changes at this time, so I'd probably spend time figuring out how to make the spell work for you.

Blaze likes this.
  4. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

I can quote Neilk posts too if I wanted.

Like the ones about how many new players are playing daily etc that were stated to be false by the real “man himself” Andrew.

so forgive me if I take what he says with a grain of salt.

Thrill Kill and Featherbeans like this.
  5. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Go ahead; posting that quote out of context has worked out so well for everyone else that has done it LOL

Not saying that Neilk and crew are always right, but I trust his assessment of Begone over memories from the 'halcyon' days of DFO

6. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

lmao what context is needed? Dude was just straight up lying. You have proven time and time again you are absolutely clueless to whats going on around you -> [​IMG]

Dixie Normus and Featherbeans like this.
  7. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

eh, Neilk made a mistake, that was corrected by Andrew... but all I ever hear from you retards is '5 to 20 LUL' like the devs are supposed to be perfect.

Go ahead Sub, post the quote, you won't get in trouble. A mod will probably just edit your post like when you brought up a certain CEO's spouse ;)

8. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

Weird how you always group me in with the wrong people. Noticed you didn't reply in the other thread after I pointed out that I never played WOW. Wonder how you'll respond to this post after I tell you not once have I ever said "5 - 20."

My point was that there is no context to add to what Neilk said, it was just a straight up lie.

Dixie Normus and Featherbeans like this.
  9. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Eh, I group you in with the same scrubs that have nothing but negativity and toxicity for this game; you seem to fit right in. I stopped replying to the other thread because honestly arguing with kids that trash this game instead of playing it or trying to help improve it is pretty exhausting. Especially when they try to hide under the guise of 'man, I REALLY wish this game could succeed! ROA could be SO great if they just stop everything they are working on and implement all the changes that I want!'

Dude, don't be disingenuous. Everybody knows what you're referring to, when you talk about the quote in question. Whether you said the actual '5 to 20' is irrelevant.

A straight up lie? So you have access to player retention numbers? No, of course you don't, so now YOU are 'straight up' lying... lmao.

10. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Frostjarl
    Legend Lifetime

I can't comment on your other points because there's a special boy logged in. Of course there is a fascination, Darkfall is hands down the best game I have played in my life. I want it to succeed and I'd love more than anything to come back, play with my friends, and help generate revenue down the road. I'm not going to sit back and spread my cheeks for every WRONG decision they make like you do. Call me toxic all you want, you can't see any other perspective blinder boy.

11. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Pls Sub Zero, even the Equidae have evolved over time.
    Let's not get PETA involved in here.

Why are you always complaining, Dixie?
    You are the only one here that cannot see that behind your statements you are just complaining, man.

Even if you are just stating that the mechanics are in fact slightly different and NOT THE EXACT SAME.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The derailling of threads using the immoral technique of putting words on someone elses mouth that they have never said has to be stopped.

Represents a disservice to the game and the community as a whole - it's indecently egregious coming from a grown up person, blatantly presposterous and blasphemous to say the least.

But I do understand the desperation of people with no valid arguments.
    I hope you do too @Dixie Normus

This is like saying at some point in life that 1+1=2 and some months later that 2+2=4 and hear someone say
    "Yo, are you complaining about mathematics?".

You can't argue with these people.

#51 Featherbeans, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  12. Funky zeit

Funky zeit Infernal
    Tester

This guy clearly hates the game look at that lifetime badge. Myself, I hate the game. I hate the deformed version of its former self that it has been slowly morphed into. Too many changes upon changes and band aids slapped over temporary "fixes" have steered it far from what we were promised. She's over boys.

Still waiting on that content, Julio.

Featherbeans and Dixie Normus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.