Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

After next patch please work on game / server performance.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorrow Avaritia, May 20, 2019.

?

Do you think BPG should work on game / Server performance b4 adding more stuff?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

After next patch please work on game / server performance.

It seems like the population has been increasing lately and the server cant handle it. The server seems to be performing worse and worse as time goes on, I and others are getting more and more server lag / broken whirl winds.

Also has the server increases in population the fights are going to get bigger and the fps will suffer greatly making for a bad experience for the people actually playing.

Personally when I get around 50 people around I start having fps issues, the latest sieges that have had around 100 people at have been next to unplayable for a lot of people getting around 20-30fps, but it feels much worse with people warping all over the place, spell delays, spells going through people and so on.

I have no idea how hard it would be to improve the game / server performance, but DnD managed to do it. But if you keep increasing the population without doing anything its just going to get worse.

I noticed the other day when the mob server went down I had an extra 200fps and 5 less ping which I thought was kinda crazy.

There is many things that I would imagine slow down performance; Critters (spiders, rats and so on), all the barrels, reg piles and random things everywhere. The item skins likely cause some lag as well, they do on other games.

I think its important to work on game performance b4 adding more stuff, because you are essentially adding to the problem.

2. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Please yes. The game runs like complete garbage. Even the current sieges which are much, much smaller than dfo sieges the game runs and feels significantly worse. Even when my FPS is above 60 at large fights it doesn't feel like that fps at all. It feels much lower with constant hitching, stuttering and weird client and server delays. Even outside of sieges the server can feel really bad with random server lag/delay and mob/player warping. The end game events of DFO also highlighted a ton of performance issues with higher player counts as well which we will run into if the game ever improves enough to get more players. I remember at Umberto's racial event the sides didn't even appear to each other until they literally ran through each other. It was that bad and even then that was less players than early game dfo sieges!

The game has desperately needed a performance pass since before AV shut it down to be honest. Even unholy wars had a ton of performance issues when it was decently populated which is no surprise as it was the same engine. If planetside 2 can get a dumbass port to dx11 with their super limited resources and tiny dev team why the fuck can't this game get even a mediocre performance pass :(

3. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

hell maybe even go through that backlog and fix these decade old bugs jeez

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Blaze, Fengor and Isaac Clarke like this.
  4. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

These guys aren't game engine developers.

The most likely one with relevant knowledge capable of improving performance is likely their graphics developer. Other than that.... unless these guys are motivated to crack open the Intel ISA and start reading up on modern pipelines... I really don't think we should have much hope for improved performance.

The networking isn't likely to ever change.

Not_Primetime and DeadlyHit like this.
  5. DeadlyHit

Legend

get out of here with your nerd logic trashimal

Animal likes this.
  6. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

FKN NERD

DeadlyHit likes this.
  7. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

"adding"

8. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

yes but i doubt it

9. Leafcrawl

Leafcrawl Goblin Warlord

I know this won't mean much, but as a former launch player that had a ton of fun, I hope we get the following for Embers launch:

- Client performance optimizations.
    - Vastly improved NPE experience.
    - Everything else.

No need to rush, as this Embers of War expansion could be the last shot at a thriving Agon population.

I am hopeful and patiently waiting.

Fengor and Blaze like this.
  10. Xipos<3

Xipos<3 Stormgraive
    Legend

server war will spank defiance and blackwater out of the server, vanilla wow comes and that's it for ROA and Darkfall. Mark my words, the server will die at the end of the summer, just like DND.

I don't mind, gonna become a filthy WoW casual instead :) just make sure you bang out your bank and get some fun outta those pixels before that time

Sero, Fengor and MikerotchBAGFACE like this.
  11. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

Looking like the server war may be the last rumble in the jungle

Sero and Fengor like this.
  12. DeadlyHit

Legend

RT

Fengor and Sero like this.
  13. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Server wars always end up with a big drop off in population, yet people still push for them, its so retarded.

KingLlama likes this.
  14. Todd of Hartford

Todd of Hartford Goblin Warlord
    Legend

People will come back. They always do

Billy Lee likes this.
  15. Lord Lorde

Lord Lorde Goblin Warrior

Wtf I just opened my eyes and suddenly I'm in the RoA forum. What kind of sorcery is this?

Billy Lee likes this.
  16. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

Bump

Fengor likes this.
  17. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

How come there are videos of sieges that are super smooth? Performance in and around cities has been bad because every piece of wall and building is usually smoking for some reason. They should cut back on the buildings pumping out smoke to help fps issues around cities.

18. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

The recording plays back in a stable 60fps or whatever it was set to no matter what the games fps was. So your game fps could be wildly fluctuating between 3fps and 400 fps and it wouldn't be nearly as visible in the recording as it was when you were trying to play it. Also a lot of the micro stutters and hitches don't really show up in the recordings. Even load lag sometimes is completely absent in recordings even though I distinctly will remember a few hefty chunks of it. Basically the recording is almost filtered in a way of a lot of the visible chunkiness of sieges just by the nature of how the recording works.

Like this siege was complete garbage for me performance wise, but you can't even really tell in the recording

Fengor likes this.
  19. Fat Thor IRL

Fat Thor IRL New Member

Can we roll back all the ground spawns and the ability to drop stuff on the ground?

I haven't seen game in existence that's added these without stutters and hitches that we have right now

20. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

Yes. Optimization is a priority right now.