Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

After years of DFO, my favorite part was..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nahz, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Nahz

Nahz New Member

The very end when they increased skill gain. Pretty sure plenty will disagree..but after years of the eternal wheel it felt nice to log in and make progress like that every day. You could even roll a new character! but it also made me think...

Here's my whole thing about it. Darkfall is an FPS in one facet. It takes skill to play. You could have a maxed out character and still fail miserably without tactics or skill. Also, the material grind was ENOUGH. Controlling mob spawns and farming the mats you needed for the massive Timelord that crafting. I mean, I just think the game was in its best state at the end there when we had good skill ups (would still takes weeks/months to max a character out). Just imagine, people killing one another for mats and gold, you still have to put time into your character its not like it's given to you...

I dunno, i understand this post is kind of scattered but i've always felt strongly that the character grind was always the whole downfall of that game. It's my fav next to UO don't get me wrong..but If that was somewhat lifted then i think the rest of the game would really shine. The time sink would mean better crafting and more mats ultimately which is very valuable in a full loot game. It wouldn't be everyone running around with maxed out characters like you're thinking and even so that game is more so like CS in the sense that you pretty much have to play every day to keep your skill cap up.

Thoughts anyone? Thanks for reading. :)

2. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

for me the best pvp was near the end of darkfall.. because everyone had max chars..

I didnt experience the launch of darkfall tho.. some players will say that was the best.. which might be right aswell.. 10k players active on the server is awesome..

3. Nahz

Nahz New Member

I dunno, the launch was fun don't get me wrong but once the poopsockers took over it was all over for anyone else. And the grind at launch was so bad they actually nerfed it because magic took kan ungodly amount of time to level. Even after the nerf it was bad and the reg sink was unrealistic to compete.

4. PENETRATOR

PENETRATOR Earth Elemental
    Legend

I still remember one of my gaming buddies starting out with me.

Then realizing he would have to click left mouse to shoot mana missle in the air for 100000 clicks before he gets greater magic just to do another 100000 clicks etc etc etc. I tried to get him to come back when they kind of fixed the grind by making skills/spells level up more on mobs and increased rate. It was too late because people already were too high level.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

My favorite part was when cities were not yet built and everyone was still exploring new areas and discovering things about the game. Finding out Gulghat has the potential for 4 or was it 5 guard towers only right after losing it. The adventure of moving from place to place as a clan was exciting. Everyday in darkfall was a different experience. People coming up with new ways of using spells. The evolution of darkfall was mysterious... It was like the players added more to the game than AV ever did.

Aeric Morte likes this.
  6. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

My favorite part of dfo was. Pve, character develop, the ppl and them sieges :)