Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Agon Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geezy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Hello fellow Agon denizens,

Geezy here. As some of you know, today is my IRL birthday. But instead of expecting gifts from you all, I am planning on giving back to the community!

ROA isn't perfect by any means. But it's the only Darkfall we have, and likely the last Darkfall we will ever get to play. I love this game, and I want to see it succeed. Unfortunately I'm not rich IRL, but I want to help this game out any way that I can... so I'm hereby announcing the Geezy AGON STIMULUS PACKAGE!!!

How do you get in on this generosity, you wonder? Well, for those that donate to the game via Supporter Packs (https://www.riseofagon.com/supporter-packs/), I will be sweetening the deal! Basically, for every $100 you donate to the game, I'll be handing your character in game 100k gold, in addition to whatever benefits you get from the supporter packs.

Q&A:

1. How long will you be running this promotion?

From today (November 5th 2019), until the end of the year, December 31st 2019. Or until we get ROA to the 50k mark, which could cost me about 6.7 million gold if everyone took advantage of my offer. (If the date changes, I'll denote it in this Q&A and the thread.)

2. I bought a Supporter pack earlier, can I get some gold?
    Unfortunately, I have to set an arbitrary date to start this event, and my birthday (November 5th) is easiest for me to remember, so purchases before November 5th won't count (but thank you for your support!)

3. I'd rather get Gametime Tokens/weapons/armor/etc than gold, can we work something out?
    While I'd love to be able to hand out various items, it's easier for me to just hand out gold, which you can use to procure whatever you want.

4. I purchased a supporter pack! How do I get in touch with you to get my gold?
    You have several options. You can either reply to this thread, PM me on the forums, or get in touch with me on the ROA discord. Take a screenshot of the confirmation of the purchase and send it to me, and I'll rendezvous with your character in game to get your gold to you. I'll be keeping this thread updated with those I've given gold to, along with the amount given.

5. I'm broke like you, but I'd like to help! What's the smallest donation amount you'll match with gold?
    While it'd be easiest to stick to at least $100 amounts, I'm willing to match monetary donations with gold donations if you donate at LEAST $20. E.G. if you donate $50 and send me the proof, I'll give your character 50k gold, 20k gold for $20, etc.

5. Does BPG know about this/condone this? Is this stimulus package event sponsored by them?
    I spoke to some of the BPG devs about doing an event like this a while back, but unfortunately we weren't able to figure out a way for it to come together. As such, this event isn't sponsored by them, and while some of the Dev team is likely aware of my plans to do something like this, I can't say with 100% certainty that they condone it. If I'm alerted that they would prefer me not to do this event, I will most certainly acquiesce to their requests, and I will update this thread with that information. I am not a GM/Dev/employee of BPG, and this gold is 100% my own.

6. I'd love to help out! Can I give you some gold/items to assist your event?

While much appreciated, it's not necessary. If you want to help via in game gold/items, try to find a newer players (yes, there are a few out there despite what some say) and help them get some gear, weapons, or their skills up. Who knows? It might help convince them to stick around!

7. I don't want your 'duped' gold/BW sucks/ other troll comments:
    Cool story bro.

8. WHY U DO DIS?

I'd love to be able to help BPG get to their $50k goal, and this feels like a reasonable way to do that.

If anyone has any further questions, feel free to ask them in this thread and I'll answer them and add them to the Q&A if pertinent.

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Nope.

3. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Well, browsing was fun. Be back in a few months to get another laugh.

Featherbeans and CaptainAmerica like this.
  4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

??? Why a few months? Haven't you heard about the big war?

@everyone is coming back to farm 13.31 million wager cost in gold (for cities that have 0 value, 64 days of fire dragons btw) for the big upcoming war to fight the shit tiers that are Blackwater (super fun fights btw) who have been abusing villages with alts while no one else was playing to collect millions of gold. BTW the game needs more gold sinks because gold is really easy to farm: just farm mats and sell it on the AH to the other people who farm mats for gold. #nowipe

#4 Sero, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    CaptainAmerica likes this.
  5. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Insightful commentary as always.

Can you keep your bullshit confined to one thread? This one is mine ;)

Mea Kulpa, Kol Taggar, Hook and 2 others like this.
  6. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

IDK. The thought that you value your 47 holdings WAGER COST (just the wager gold btw) at over $13000 USD is quite hysterical.

Good change btw, worked out for the best. Now that the no shows have stopped and the toxic vets are gone, the game can prosper.

CaptainAmerica and Sintan like this.
  7. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

Happy birthday!!!! I'm broke irl

Geezy likes this.
  8. chad

chad Infernal
    Loyal Hero

Nice one, Geezy!

Mea Kulpa and Geezy like this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I applaud you for trying to help the game.

But without some specific (easy to implement) changes that would prevent things getting as bad as they currently are+ a wipe+ 2 week advertisement campaign+ relaunch, you'd have to pay me real $ to log in and play RoA.

And if I (someone who loved every version of Darkfall) won't come back without those things, WHY would any new players?

10. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Whether you agree that a full wipe would be best for this game or not, a full wipe isn't happening. BPG has made that abundantly clear.

So, while others are content to sit on the sidelines, and perhaps hold their breath until they pass out waiting for BPG to change their mind, I'm taking a different route... to hopefully help get them to their 50k goal.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  11. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Fuck No!

Featherbeans likes this.
  12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea i don't think the 50k is guna do much at this point.

WithoutShame, Battle Smurf and Sintan like this.
  13. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

When was the last time $100 bought you 100k? Pretty sure the last time I hit up mov that was like a mil and a couple hundred q4 taint.

CaptainAmerica, Squanto and Blaze like this.
  14. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

More insightful commentary from the brain trust

Realistically? You're right. But if it even helps out remotely, why not? Better than bellyaching about the game all day on discord.
    I'd say it's similar to the planting 20 million trees initiative. 50k isn't a huge amount overall, but it would show that there is still support out there for a game like Rise of Agon.

You aren't 'buying' 100k gold for $100. It would be a gold bonus for supporting the game, in addition to whatever goodies you get from the supporter pack. I'm in a position where I can help sweeten the pot, and perhaps get a few more folks to support the game.

Also obligatory 'RMT is against TOS'

15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Giving my money to a dev that has consistently failed to produce results is better? Hello?

16. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I should just start a Patreon and develop an MMO with the core Darkfall combat mechanics in my spare time. Who would pay toward that? If the Patreon broke ~9k/mo, then I could start working on it full-time without feeling terrible about the decision.

Let me know, bois. (P.s: Custom engine already handles import/export of most popular file formats - and no, I don't use any third party libs like assimp. All hand rolled - which took quite a bit of effort to RE some of the proprietary binary formats. I DO however make heavy use of stb, stb_image, stb_truetype, etc).

koruun likes this.
  17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Patreon???

We're living in the era of early access bud. Pitch the greatest vapourware bullshit story you can and open up a kickstarter. Every now and then release a shitty "Dev Blog" and watch the masses beg for more as they throw money at you.

Why BPG decided to launch so early and not keep this game early access for the past 2 years is beyond me...

Methodico likes this.
  18. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I believe there's a fundamental difference between the people that are capable of doing certain things and those that can't. Lying until one can make it is most typically a quality of the latter.

Also, nothing prevents an individual from gathering funding from multiple platforms. Unfortunately, Kickstarter can pigeonhole a vision and dampen creativity.

Kickstarter would be a last resort to gather funding for a game that didn't have funding to be finished(or to build hype).

19. Geezy

Geezy Undead Dwarf
    Loyal Supporter

Maybe 'More effective' instead?

Good luck. If there's anything that crowdfunding has shown us, it's that there is no shortage of folks who are ready and willing to be separated from their disposable income for 'early access', 'alpha/beta tests', 'founders packs', etc.

20. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Sell the gold on PA and donate the proceeds to bpg you fat ass dorf