Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Agon Stimulus Package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geezy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

I think BPG works really hard. Keep it up BPG haters gonna hate

2. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

sad it took you this long

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sero likes this.
  3. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Yea, I know. Had hope. They really know how to treat people that try to support them :laughing:

Sero likes this.
  4. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

What logs? More propaganda with no proof... pretty typical.

FYI, if you're constantly toxic in discord, you're probably going to catch a few mutes. Then if you go on a mad rampage, PMing GMs and talking trash to them like Funky, you're probably going to catch a perma mute. But no they're definitely targeting you guys lol

5. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

I'm sure those people care. They muted, timed out, banned, went passive aggressive over anything half the people that got banned suggested and always said the game would be better off without them. "Just wait until they are gone and then the game can thrive!". Now when the game is on its final deathbed they decide its time to unban and try to win those people back? I'd tell em to fuck off too lol. You give feedback, your thoughts, some suggestions and it goes ignored or the roadmap/updates were some of the most pointless directions to take the game.

Weird way to run a company imo. You WANT a strong foundation to build on. Keep veterans happy (dont completely rip combat in its ass was the #1 rule to keep most of that base). Then you shoot for new blood once your core playerbase is content. Instead the plan seems to be find new blood and treat the veteran base like beaten dogs, but new blood will never join if there is nobody playing the game to begin with.

6. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

I don't think they unbanned people to win them back, more of a second (probably for some tenth) chance type thing... which isn't a bad idea imo. If people don't want to come back, that's up to them, but at least they have the option.

As far as the moderation, which some people seem to find heavy handed, ROA has some the least moderated forums/discord of any game I've ever seen. If you've ever used the Blizzard forums, you'll know exactly what I mean. However there IS a limit; also the ROA discord is governed by the overall Discord rules. Threats against other users isn't something that can be overlooked, along with other serious offenses.

The thing about feedback, is EVERYONE has feedback. And obviously, you can't listen to everyone. Just because someone yells the loudest, doesn't mean their opinion is necessarily the correct one. Not saying this game hasn't made mistakes (and Andrew has acknowledged this), but the people who feel slighted because they weren't listened to need to understand that they are only one of dozens of voices.

I wouldn't call it a 'Jesus' patch, but this upcoming patch will definitely be make or break for ROA in my opinion. A great patch could breathe life into this game and invigorate the playerbase, while a terrible patch could be the death knell. Lets see what happens.
    --- Post updated ---
    November is almost gone already... don't miss out on your chance to get a big pile of coins while supporting ROA :grinning:

7. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Ghost
    Wealthy Legend

8. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Thanks. For those concerned, I'll keep this program going through 1/15/20, just in case Grandma gives anyone some cash that they feel like dropping on ROA. Happy Holidays everyone!

chad likes this.
  9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Gimme your gold ya ugly dwarf

10. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Hows that make it or break it patch? We logged in, crashed a million times and then hit a bunch of Vcps - nobody came, logged out. Saw 0 new people :(

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  11. Geezy

Geezy Fire Elemental
    Wealthy Loyal Supporter

Honestly? It's a little early to tell. Like I said previously, this wasn't going to be a 'Jesus' patch... and the fact that it was delayed for what feels like forever certainly didn't help its reception. I feel like there are still some bugs that need to be fixed, though to be fair, the one bug I've reported so was fixed the next day. I will say if this global drop timer, or whatever they want to call it which is being used for pigments and dye ingredients, is by design and NOT a bug, I'll be pretty disappointed. Farming needs to be made less tedious, not moreso.

Sanguine certainly feels busier, and I think the new players that join will definitely see more people, which will help with retention. The new zones are interesting; we need to see what changes they make based on player feedback (e.g. Champions/Guardians being in blue/yellow zones). Continued improvements to the NPE should definitely be among the next priority, along with turning attention back to TCS.

The Red King likes this.