Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alignment and PK'ing question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iaintevenmad, May 12, 2017.

1. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

I know it doesn't make sense. It's a trash system. Those are the results you get when the only people playing their beta are no lofe tryhards who all don't give a shit about alignment since they plan on being red anyways

This alignment system provides zero entry level pvp with the removal of race wars. The only people you fight without punishment are the reds that feel more than comfortable having some newb attack them

CreZee, Drago, Ch4r4x and 2 others like this.
  2. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

But I'm still confused. How much alignment does an orange have? Zero? 5? 20?

Can I attack orange players with no penalty? Or do I get rogue

3. Grapefruitkush

Grapefruitkush Goblin Shaman

I believe you go rouge ? Until they attack you you cant attack them without alignment loss ? But I could be wrong here

4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I believe people think way to much into it. It's not as complicated as it seems.

Alignment:
    0 and above is considered "Good". The color of these names will be a shade of blue or for saints- white.
    below 0 is considered "Evil". These color ranges go from orange to red.

There are effectively 3 different levels of "security".

You have lawful and lawless - these are the standard areas that are the same as they've always been within Agon with a couple small exceptions.
    1. Now the area around a village will go lawless (if it's not already) 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the village is live.
    2. Clans can adjust the tile their city resides on to be either lawful or lawless.
    The third is considered a "Lawful" tile, with one small exception. Players who are between -200 and 0, which I believe is what people call "Orange" are allowed to enter the NPC cities in these tiles. Blue players who attack the 'Orange' players on these tiles only will flag as rogue in order to trigger the guard towers.

In this third area, even though the blue player goes rogue for initiating the attack, they do not incur any penalties. They are still free to kill and gank the orange player. This rule will never change. Blue players will never get a penalty for killing a negatively aligned player.

Magos and Fengor like this.
  5. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

You mean like when people war dec and kills noobs in capital cities?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    SomeBK likes this.
  6. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Crypt Guard

These "orange" will be the coward PKs.. waiting for any newb blue to attack them first... then they destroy them without any penalty correct as they were attacked first?
    Why have orange in the game at all? Why do blues need to see orange? If anything just make the player alignment bar that they see for themselves is at "orange" so they know they can enter towns. But again. why have orange in the game at all. Allow these almost red players to be shown as blue.
    Remove orange from the game.

Kurise LXV likes this.
  7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Eventually everyone will be able to "defend" themselves.

8. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

I believe @kilrain did the best job explaining it and yes, I agree it's not that hard to get used to but that's obviously relative since there truely are players struggling with this alignment system. Especially when my clan mate has already looted 4 gearbags off people and all he had to do was sit at the bank going about his business.

My quarrel isn't so much with the whole red to yellow to orange etc. it has more to do with the universal alignment system not providing ANY entry level pvp in any way, shape or form other than the griefing they receive from dickish players who want to give them a hard time.

It's all good for me but I'm not a selfish player and I always try to put myself in the new player's shoes. This system, tied with the lack of grind us vets have will be what rapes the population in a matter of months.

9. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Crypt Guard

I disagree, It is hard to defend against an unknwon system in a game where players will try to get around it.
    Been there, done that,20 years ago. UO had the same alignment system, same little tricks to get around it. And this "orange" is what we called noto pks. All of us did it. Yes it was fun. but not fun for the players that got killed by the dumb system.
    Same with purposely flagging grey/rogue by attacking 1 blue friend. then getting attacked by random noob blues, who then get destroyed by the grey/rogue player who were waiting to get attacked first.

Final question. When a blue attacks a orange in town.. do guard towers attack the blue player?

10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

To answer the question, if the orange player enters the outskirt city, you'll know because the tower does not hit them, then yes if you attack them it will trigger the guard towers. That's how we allow them in there w/o them getting slaughtered.

What I meant about being able to defend themselves is the new flagging system coming in. Right now if a blue attacks a red, the red will still get an alignment hit for "defending" themselves if they fight back and win. With the new flagging system the red would be able to fight back w/o losing alignment on the kill.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  11. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Celestial
    Legend

What's also messed up is a pk can go up to a blue hit him till he is 1 hit, then let mobs kill him and he takes no murder count.

Secondly the pk could do the same thing, get the blue to 1 hit, the blue witches brews to heal, the pk walks into the witches brew and now the blue turns gray - the pk kills the blue in 1 shot and gets to loot him with no penalty.

AdamWest, SomeBK and Magos like this.
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

We'll get there :D

Nightmare UDL likes this.
  13. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

People killing blues prob dont care about alignment tho. Its too troll to get back. You either stay blue or u dont care :p

so although these issues are legit problems and could be fixed the chance of them actually happening is very slim so I'm not too worried.

14. Biceps

Biceps Infernal
    Legend

so you´re bascially saying only the one initiating a fight can lose alignment then?

15. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

When proper flagging is in place, the person who does not initiate the fight will not lose alignment for defending himself. Blues will never lose alignment for killing a negative alignment player. Like in the example Nightmare posted, it's extremely difficult to come back from being red if people keep attacking you and you defend your self only to go back deeper into red.

16. Emil

Emil Goblin Shaman
    Legend

If possible, have you guys considered making it so, if you attack an orange/red player, you're only flagged as gray to the negative alignment player à la yellow skull system in Tibia?

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

that's how it will be with the exception of being inside the appropriate NPC cities.

18. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

Just used the Help function ingame and with some additions of this thread i get the aligment system now. Now i understand why an orange player is inside an outside NPC city.

One last question, where can i see the tile rule. eg. if its lawless or lawful.

19. jefftxp

jefftxp Deadeye

I had an orange PK me outside the city. I didnt attack back because I didnt know what orange is. I res at the city and I see the same orange guy in the city banking my loot.

Really stupid system. ANYONE killing blues should be marked Red and unable to enter npc cities

As a new player, the alignment system is very confusing. I know you devs think it's not, but that's your flaw. Because it IS confusing. Why even have an orange color? If anyone is under 0 they should be red.

This is one of those situations where you keep it simple. Your explanation is really confusing and nowhere is this system explained in the game.

Kurise LXV, wolfgang and SomeBK like this.
  20. Niburu

Niburu Skeleton Archer

as a new player. you are in the green zone and orange players can be attacked/will be attacked by towers in there