Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alignment is borked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darktide, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Darktide

Darktide Stormgraive

couple things imo

-You should never turn red for killing a non ally inside of a player city/hamlet. If people want to be safe they shouldn't siege or own holdings.

-If you want to keep this mechanic or can't fix it properly you really should add alignment back to mobs in lawful dungeons. Even if it's just very small amounts

You could also (if possible) make one dungeon in game give alignment. This would create a hotspot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Grumpy Wytch likes this.
  2. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Uo outlands has A good system where you can murder fools and when you die you have to pay like an insurance type fee or you stay red. So you can kill like 50 people and when you die you will have a hefty fine to pay before going back neutral or u can not pay it and be stuck red for a super long ass time

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I was dueling somebody who just came back. We both died and he wasnt able to forgive me. I become red when i was a saint.

4. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Alignment sucks rn, but honestly always has

5. Ice Scream

Ice Scream New Member

Not everyone like the same playstyle. Maybe you just run around and killing people. But others maybe plays something else. If you go into others property you are a criminal. If you kill them in their own property you are a criminal. So it is okay. As you have the right to go around and kill people they have the right to not get killed and bothered all the time you have the mood without you get punished for it.

The main reason Darkfall series failed because only a few people have the time to train themselves good enough and have the will to do it to run around and kill everyone. The most of the people like other stuff and continous threat isnt helps getting fun. So if you wanna be a criminal be that. But being a criminal without consequences ... do you really ask that?

6. Darktide

Darktide Stormgraive

Holdings should be rogue area's Period.
    If people want safe blue zones they shouldn't siege or own holdings.

What you're rambling about doesn't even matter because it works both ways right now. If you kill someone inside your city you turn blue and vice versa.. Several times we've turned evil just by killing a blue that was draining our mine.

7. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

Just gm report when it happen

They will restore what u lost

8. Volfen

Volfen Winterbound
    Loyal Legend

That's one point of view. I think mainland holdings should be mostly for newbies and shouldn't even have resources to begin with, so it's okay if they're lawful. That doesn't stop you from killing people, it just means you'll be red and you can't run to blue towers like a bitch when you find pvp (market and billboards are available outside blue cities now, so that's the only 'major' difference between being blue and red).

9. Darktide

Darktide Stormgraive

I would be okay with some holding being blue as long as they have no resource nodes and aren't in prime positions on map.

10. Ice Scream

Ice Scream New Member

I dont agree. Why should people who are at home accept they can be killed without any punishment of the killer? This is why all darkfall serier failed. Maybe (just maybe) i could accept this rule to apply on the 4 islands but not on the main land. (Like 0.0 in EVE). Mainland would be lowsec where you can kill but get punishment and the 4 island would be 0.0 where the only law is your weapon.

In this case should be some areas around npc citys where totally safe areas are bigger than just the city

11. Darktide

Darktide Stormgraive

Btw who are you? and why is this your 2nd post ? lol

Sero likes this.
  12. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Whoever he is, hes mostly right. This game died because of how hardcore it was. It will never succeed if you continue to remove people's safety. Had this game made starter/noobie lands safer, it might be better off.

Slayven, WithoutShame, Korag and 3 others like this.
  13. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

that is only a bandaid on a screwed up system.
    They really need to find a way to fix or just revert back to race wars until they can implement a finished working system.
    --- Post updated ---
    why does that matter?
    Clearly everyone that plays or played darkfall didnt register for forums. We had over 9k at one time in the game and never had that many on forums.
    Maybe an ND guy trying out ROA for the bang since ND is shitting on itself......

Whatever the reason it holds no value towards the discussion.. It is ok if he disagrees with you kinda like it is ok to die in pvp

14. Ice Scream

Ice Scream New Member

So who am I :) Anyone. I do not really think you would know me if i told you my name. As i do not know who you are.

I have played DF and DF UW from the first day of betas, then played New Dawn and now in the last weeks i playing this game. I have my opinion and you can read that up there.

Fengor and Korag like this.
  15. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

First alignment system needs to be overhaul/fixed
    Second it would prolly work to BPG's advantage to make cities on main continent blue except for those right around the center map.
    Sieges, villages, islands, war dec and center map offer a "free to kill zone" outside of those areas it should be known you are on an active murder spree.

16. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Skeleton Archer

Alignment is decent-ishly working now, but there should be more of an incentive to go easy in mainland and not always instakill any non-clannie you see.

Also, regarding alignment, there should be some minor bonuses to having high alignment, right now the only one is shorter capital recall cooldown. Would also make the capitals a bit livelier, otherwise newbs see empty capital and think game is dead. Maybe market fees/taxes are 25-50% less in the capital market, depending on your alignment? Something along those lines.

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  17. Ikaika Koa

Ikaika Koa Goblin Shaman
    Wealthy Contributor Legend

Welcome to Rise of Agon
    --- Post updated ---
    All holdings involved in a siege should have their extended system considered rogue, so there won't be alignment lost during siege battles, except if the system overlaps with an npc city system. Npc should always override player systems.

Oresmacker and onslaught like this.
  18. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Black Knight
    Supporter

This needs to happen.

19. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Contributor Supporter

I dislike the lawful/lawless zones. The game is so geared around end game items you have to farm most stuff in lawless areas. So you can get attacked by ppl while trying to farm the gear you need to compete with them, and they suffer no penalty for this, and can recall back to the capital and be standing there next to you with your stuff.

I'm all for open world free for all pvp, but if you're ganking innocent players you should at least be turning red, regardless of where you are. With maybe the exception of villages and sieges.

With the quick leveling state of the game and needing top tier items to compete with everyone else that is rolling top tier items, IMO the lawless/lawful zone idea is broken. It helps brand new players but the rest of the game is pvp deathmatch arena.

When those new players start getting mid lvl chars and needing everything in lawless areas...mark my words they will start leaving again in droves.

20. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Skeleton Archer

Thing is, with the markets, you can get all of the end-game stuff just from farming some mid-tier mobs in lawful areas.

That being said, I am all for giving newbs a better fighting chance. Low end mobs could drop a bit more stuff, so the income disparity is not so insane.

But on the flip side of the coin, if the entire pvp game is not pvp focused, then why even have a pvp game? There should be a decision of pvp/no pvp, instead of always-attack-everyone, but it still should mostly be attack.