Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alignment is still broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uzik, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

Exactly.
    Its so easy to abuse this in two people. One is flaging himself grey by attacking you and second is blue blocking so they can kill anybody without consequences.

2. Vector

Vector New Member
    Tester

Whats the deal with this? I saw the same situation tonight. I spent way too long staring at the red and then the guard tower doing nothing. Is it only grey character the tower hits? Does this mean all red characters can enter NPC cities without fear of towers if they havent committed an act that would cause them to be a rogue?

Also on the topic of a blue character being able to survive a capital recall from grey zones, the hit protection i get when loading into the game last longer than my character changing from grey to blue. Did it twice today. Didnt dare touch my keyboard tho.

3. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

I do think this deserves a more academic response than just 'it sux'. Let's carefully analyze from a design perspective:

Player 1 has to decide how to interact with Player 2. How should Player 1 decide? Let's look at Player 2's color/alignment:

a. Red
    b. Orange
    c. Blue
    d. Green

So let's analyze these decisions:

a. ATTACK and I will not lose alignment. Can attack in cities.
    b. ATTACK and I will lose alignment. Cannot attack in cities.
    c. ATTACK and I will lose alignment. Cannot attack in cities.
    d. N/A

As should now be obvious, Orange is broken. It's the same decision tree as Blue, but it looks more like Red. On Purpose. FIX IT.

Finally, the official alignment page doesn't even have it listed: https://www.darkfallriseofagon.com/game/game-info/basics-alignment/

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

incorrect
    b. ATTACK and I will NOT lose alignment. Cannot attack in cities

so much misinformation all over. Even though BPG has over numerous times said the rules of alignment, its still their fault for not providing this information where it truly matters. Ingame and to a lesser extent, their own web info page. Maybe even a sticky on the forums on how the alignment works (or should be lol)

Synik, SomeBK and Benevolence like this.
  5. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

I died attacking a red under towers too. Really annoying for this to be in game. Mobs are still spawning bugged(we don't even have to do it anymore) and the server lag/delay is the worst I have ever experienced. We need a turn around quick.

Zeiken likes this.
  6. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

I feel like the more they try to fix it, the worse it gets.

I think they need to start over again with race wars.

Zeiken and Rosco like this.