Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alignment System Getting on my Nerves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGhost25, May 17, 2017.

1. Chuck Zitto

Chuck Zitto Gravelord
    Legend

Literly not 5 fucking mins ago I attack a red player mining and a blue from his clan comes out of nowhere jumping in front of me. This alignment shit is stupid.

2. Whisper

Whisper Air Elemental
    ANN Reporter

It was happening all night last night, there was a group of four orcs rolling around, one red, the rest blue. They were blue-blocking and healing the red, forcing blues to fight back with the red and then either getting them to go grey by hitting one of the blue orcs or just healing the red till he killed the blue. This was happening immediately outside an NPC city too.

As well intentioned as it was to try and do away with the race war to avoid people preying on newbies, it isn't making much difference.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    JasonDark likes this.
  3. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Sweet, and this is happening to the players this game needs to try and keep.

4. Chris

Chris Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

The most stupid thing about it is the 10 second grey only on hit it's so ridiculous!

Carrot Soup and JasonDark like this.
  5. bugs

bugs Goblin Scout

It worked very well.

Criminal acts made you a criminal for 'x' time. Guards (Towers) would kill you for becoming criminal(grey) in town.

If you killed 5 people you became red. I think it took 10 in game hours of play time to lose 1 murder count. If you had 5, that means 50 in game hours to go back to blue.

Also - the more IMPORTANT thing here - is stat loss if killed when red. It was generally 5-10% I believe. The more murder counts you had, the steeper the stat loss.

JasonDark likes this.
  6. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

Knowing what 3 colors mean is really complicated...

Lets break it down... you start Blue so that must mean you're good. Red must mean you're bad. Orange is not Blue so you can assume that Orange is bad also.

If you're not rogue and hit a Blue once you become rogue for 6 seconds, if you hit them twice within 6 seconds you become rogue for 2min and can be killed without giving them an alignment hit. If they are Red you can kill them anytime and not recieve and alignment hit. Super complicated system...

7. Murph

Murph New Member
    Tester

So currently i am orange, I also believe the alignment system is flawed. so my experience goes something like this.Two guys jumped me while farming next to them, they caught me with my pants down and got me real good. I geared back up and snucked around this dungeon and patiently waited for them to get in a tricky spot (seeking revenge and my goodies). I caught them both at about 20 percent health and easily took them down while gaining massive alignment penalties. I know it may not be possible but i would love to see a revenge mechanic where i can kill someone that has killed me (even though they are blue and not take alignment penalties). All my revenge kills have made me Red, i now have a kill on sight mentality because is no going back to blue it feels at -120 alignment.
    *Side note i also think its dumb that when in a 2v1 i will rogue for hitting his buddy before he connects with me.( I honestly wanted to remain blue as killing people farming/noobs has never been fun to me, i feel i have been force to go red at this point)

#47 Murph, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Dixie Normus and Carrot Soup like this.
  8. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

a solution is if you have a Red player in your party the entire party becomes rogue.

9. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

WAIT..what alignment system?

10. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

Leave your node, there is a game awaiting you

11. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

bah, i've been looking for a node to call my own.. apparently @Andrew doesn't want me to find that node.. it's sad really.

so the node isn't the issue, i've had my eye on a particular goblin shaman that i'm thinking about making my bride though.. a little lipstick and a wig along with that beacon spell could be fun

12. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Then they just wouldn't party

Mycke likes this.
  13. Anthrax

Anthrax Goblin Warlord

I agree with Whisper wholeheartedly. I am a DFO vet and I havnt the faintest clue how this alignment system works as well as there is a HUGE lack of info regarding this topic and legitimately zero in game info about it.

IMO after the new server hardware gets set up this should be priority #1 in front of EVERYTHING else.

Whisper likes this.
  14. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

They have it set up that if you support a rogued person with a heal or a buff, that player supporting goes rogue. There is a flaw with every system, nothing is perfect. Adding auto rogue to group members while they are grouped with a Red would change alot.

15. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

@Andrew, you feeling the need think about a proper tutorial yet?

16. FiraxisLoD

FiraxisLoD Goblin Scout

Add more ways to increase alignment. Increase the range of unlawful areas and add a map overlay that shows their borders. Include a comprehensive tutorial on the alignment system.

As it stands, I hate the alignment system. I understand the need for it, but it hinders rather than helps. I had no choice but to go red (jumped by a group of 1 red and 2 blues. I won and lost all my alignment). Now I keep getting attacked by blues and my alignment keeps going down. I can't finish quests and am forced, instead, to play the game.

17. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

Would things be better if clans simply chose to be red or blue and each had incentives? Clans with a mix of blues and reds are not fair, especially when raiding holdings. Whether in a party or a clan everyone should be the same alignment. Give reds the freedom to kill anyone they want + some kind of a PK incentive for unique kills, let their alignment go well below 0, even into the range of -8000, it can be a symbol of power. Let positive alignment go up to 10,000, or whatever, give bonuses that are attractive to earn more.

Lakisuria_Moonglade likes this.
  18. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Hmm, interesting. You are saying once a person joins a clan they no longer have a personal alignment but a overall clan alignment?

DarkGhost25 likes this.
  19. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

uhm.. and no, no it's not.. it's down for another patch, most likely to a system they broke by trying to fix it

20. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Kind of think the 10 second rule needs to be done away with and just add it back to it's original length and then allow the blue toggle anywhere in lawful lands. Sucks to be red, deal with it imo or stay in lawless lands.

Then additionally to that if you go grey the blue toggle needs to be disabled until blue status is restored.

Then of course clan and party members that are rogue or negatively aligned need to flag simultaneously until a duration after the party is disbanded.

Wes Furtive likes this.