Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alignment?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wizzy, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

So i was at oethrain and a random blue rolls up and start attacking me, I attack him back (I am blue as well) and we end up killing each other at the same time. Both of our bodies are sitting on the ramp to the mine (within a foot or so from each other). confirmed it is a lawless area...So here is the kicker and my question, why would I go red for him attacking me and then me killing him at the exact moment he killed me? and then he declined to "forgive me" for killing him and I didn't get the option to do the same for him.

Im sure this isnt a scenario that comes up enough to allow it to be a known issue, but it happened and cant say I'm happy about it because I am not red. The very downside to this is now I have to spend days farming alignment to get back to blue and I cant say i want to spend time i pay for in a game doing something to resolve an issue that isnt intended to happen..

I did speak to a GM who was very helpful and is sending this to someone for review- and I am thankful for the help. and for the ones "just stay red" that's a choice of mine and how i play, blue for life!

#1 Wizzy, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    GrimReapiN likes this.
  3. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

If you kill blues you can lose alignment.

If it's truly lawless he woulda been grey?

4. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

and anotha one gone and anotha one gone

5. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Lawless lands would mean they would be grey, it would not be possible for anything else except red and grey in lawless, if they were blue it couldn't have been lawless.

The current options for holdings should allow you to have a lawless land and a lawful city which I believe may have been what happened here, the land was lawless but the city was lawful possibly. In any case once the blue player attacked you they should have gone grey if you were blue, the situation as you described it sounds like there could have been an issue for sure. Upon entering the blue holding from a lawless land there would be a small wait period before you go blue, if you had just entered the holding you may have been grey before they attacked you which could be why this happened. Were you inside the Oethrain borders for a while or did you just arrive when you met the other player?

6. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Also if the user was bound to oethrain and recently recalled, he will be blue for a short period of time before turning grey (This was done to help prevent players from recalling into NPC areas and getting killed by towers).

7. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

And to further the BS, we killed each other at the exact same time.

We both was inside the boarders of the hamlet , nothing happened outside of , no chasing nothing. Literally I was standing still on the mines ramp (I didn't move at all) and the guy walked up to me face to face and he stood there for about 10 seconds , he then pulled out daggers and started to attack me .. he got me with two hits before I started to attack him back. Neither of us moved an inch and just stood there face to face (literally) hitting each other and we both died at the same time ( I went back and loots both our graves and verified for the gm that in fact we was inside the lawless area and both bodies was in lawless area ) .

Trust me I know how this sounds and I wouldn't make a stink about a death unless it was truly something not right about it. The other guy showed up to me as blue. Soon as I died I went to negative 69 alignment .

And to clarify , this guy didn't just rush into the hamlet and start attacking me either , before his engagement into battle he was running around the hamlet .

Hope this helps and maybe is something that can help . I do really really hate having to go spend the next few days in dungeons due to this .
    --- Post updated ---

He didn't recall because the towers was attacking him too.

Trust me I have thought about every scenario that could of been a legit reason for me to lose alignment and for him to still be blue but legit it just doesn't add up. I honestly would put my money into something with us dieing at the same time, but then I scratch my head on how he was still showing blue to me and why I would of lost alignment for him attacking me then me defending

Trust me I know how things get spun into something it's not on the forums, this is not one of those times lol.

8. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

I have killed a guy in Shargal, that the map said was lawless, and lost alignment.

The guy was blue but I'm kinda dumb and I not used to being blue (my main has been red since forever, was on my new alt), so I attacked him anyway thinking it was just a graphical bug or something, as I have never found any blues on lawless areas. He was there for longer than 20 seconds since I saw him way before getting close and seeing he was blue btw.

There's definitely something weird happening.

kilrath81 and Wizzy like this.
  9. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

I have still not received word on my request to give me back my alignment that i lost- I honestly do not feel I am asking a great deal as this does not feel to be my fault.

I just spent roughly an hour in a dungeon farming alignment and at this rate I would have to farm for another 9 hours or so to get the alignment back. I only play for a few hours a night after work :( this would be the equivelant of me playing for the next week solid JUST farming the alignment hit back (that i feel was not an intended thing that happened.) If i was in your shoes I would probably brush this off as a "he probably was on the edge of the lawful zone and the other guy rushed into the lawless zone and attacked him" ..i assure you that is not the case and the other player was in fact in the hamlet i was in for quite a while.

I PM'd you Andrew - Any other forum Mod or GM wants to answer if I can get the alignment back or not would be appreciated.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  10. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

The GM has been attempting to return your alignment but you must be online to do so. Please send me a message as to when you are online and i will forward this to the GMs to have the alignment refunded.

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

Holy crap I couldn't be happier !

I don't know who made this call but I could not happier ! Let whoever know that they just made a persons day!!!!

Now I can go back to my normal playing !! I will indeed let you know when I will be online next (already laid down for the night). Should be tomorrow night around 10:00 pm est (I will pm you once I know for sure )

Bloodscar likes this.
  12. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

i know for a fact the tiles are bugged. Ive been in cities that are lawless and been blue. I have been in tiles with no cities and have the map say Lawful City. I have been in neutral cities and have the map say Lawless Area. i guess i will have to start screen shotting when i notice cause i was under the impression this was a well known bug.

13. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

This was a known bug but it was fixed in a recent patch, kilrain will be looking into the issue when he can.

Wizzy likes this.
  14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I've been having this happen this week.