Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

All these people posting what is wrong with this game I figured I would post my own take.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hodo, May 20, 2017.

1. Hodo

Hodo Goblin Shaman

Is the game perfect, heck no. Is it good yes. Most of these so called reviewers and players with problems with the games "hardcore" nature are obviously from games that were not as hardcore as they thought. Sorry but Dark Age of Camelot RVR is not hardcore.

The skill scaling is a good thing, but unfortunately a bad thing, it does kind of kill the idea of accomplishment after a few weeks of play. Most people will be maxed or nearly maxed in most skills. But that isnt the point of the game so I guess it is a good thing that it isnt.

The massive land rush at launch was comical but I imagine most of the holdings will be abandoned in a few weeks anyway so no worries there.

The griefing by exploiting the noob protection system, that has been dealt with and is being dealt with swiftly and harshly and that is also a good thing.

Weapon balance is better than I would have initially thought, having never played the original DF, I can say that while some weapons seem more "useful" than others, I can see where others have a use in combat both PVE and PVP.

Magic is VERY powerful, but not the end all be all to the game.

I amazed at the number of crybabies out there on the forums already crying about how bad this game is..... Well what I have to say to them is, COWBOY UP BUTTERCUP!

2. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

lots of other newer players like you, just not posting in the vocal doomsday minority

lots of people blaming the game instead of trying to improve right now

KingLlama, Uncle Jo, Degamra and 3 others like this.
  3. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

:dango:

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Swing likes this.
  4. Hodo

Hodo Goblin Shaman

What drives me nuts is all these posts...
    "I lost 2700 ore because someone killed me in the starter city while I was AFK macro grinding some skill"
    or...
    "This game is to hard for noobs because I lose everything when I die"
    or
    "There needs to be a no PvP option."

I mean REALLY people this crap is on the main page of the game. This isnt Everquest or World of Failcraft, this is DARKFALL! If you dont like it give me your stuff, and quit. Because if you dont, eventually I will end up with it anyway.

Thubub, Fengor, Nilrema and 1 other person like this.
  5. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

I was getting ganked by a roaming group of those finnish dudes every other night or so for a little bit, living relatively near them. I was getting soured by this, so I relocated closer to my clan's major city to farm where I'd have a bit more backup.

Low and behold, last night a finnish dude is farming the spawn right outside of our clan's city. It's lawful, so as much I want revenge I don't really plan to do very much. We have a bit of a staredown, and suddenly he decides to start casting and engage on me.

Back and forth for a bit, and I end up getting the upper hand. As he's dead with his timer counting down, he says "res" in public chat? Res? When did you finnish dudes ever res me?

Yeah, I waited his timer out. He had 1k gold, two mounts, and 1k in reagents.

That's the kind of stuff that's gotten me so hooked on darkfall.

6. Hodo

Hodo Goblin Shaman

[​IMG]

Swing, Uncle Jo, Thubub and 2 others like this.
  7. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

Welcome to Darkfall!

Degamra, Thubub, Fengor and 1 other person like this.
  8. SomeBK

SomeBK Infernal
    Legend

Hell yeah man. That's the spirit

Another person has been enshrined into the DF hardcore mantra. We're going to have a blast together even a few months from now when we'll spend hours looking for each other for our 30 seconds of thrill each day

Hodo, Fenris, Thubub and 1 other person like this.
  9. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

These are the posts we love to see! Glad you're enjoying the game!

Thubub, Lucan, Oresmacker and 2 others like this.
  10. _SeeD_

_SeeD_ Goblin Warlord

Have another Like, friend.

Fengor likes this.
  11. Chersk

Chersk Skeleton Archer

Good for you man. You simply cannot get that kind of satisfaction anywhere else.

Swing, Lucan, Degamra and 1 other person like this.
  12. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

drama queens.
    everywhere

i love this game. its the best its ever been. ive played since 09

BPG i love you , ive invested in you and i dont regret it.

HERES TO A BRIGHT FUTURE!

Thubub and Fengor like this.
  13. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

This thread is so full of win.

Swing Approves

14. hirve

hirve Goblin Warlord

no but the game is actually not good

huge input lag/terrible servers/months of grind unless you have a vet group to exploit with/massively broken rendering engine/lategame that is not actually more fun than other games (btw full loot is meaningless when everyone has 400 sets) is enough reason to not play

combined with ppl cheesing/exploiting vs new players im sure sub count is already < 10% of what it was on day 1

15. BluntedJ

BluntedJ New Member

Not everyone is having connection problems. Not everyone is cheating/exploiting. We know BPG is working on both.

But to the original topic - YES, just YES. This game is just YES.

I hated PvP in some other games. It was either arenas or sloppy or unbalanced. Here, it's open world, lose your shit, pull out your hair, curse the gods, wish poxes on the house of the player that ganked you, paranoid as shit even in the new areas, trying to farm mobs and watching your back, wondering if that guy that just partied with you to grind essences is gonna turn on you and take your shit YES!

16. lorddarka

lorddarka Goblin Scout

this game only works with a large population if you dont have that you have nothing. so all the vet elite pvpers are going to have to give up alot for the greater good of the game. so you have a choice make it more casual pve friendly or have no game its that simple. we need noobs and carebears or we will have nothing... sorry its that simple....

Maejohl and Mycke like this.
  17. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I do agree for the most part but im not sure thats the best route for them at this point and a number of people have been floating the idea of just embracing the PvP arena style of play by taking out anything hardcores would find tedious, dropping any intentions of attracting non PvPers and just make it the best banging game ever.

Though not my first choice, I am beginning to believe that is the best solution here.

Maejohl and lorddarka like this.