Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Allow ship cannons and spikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aparks, Jan 2, 2019.

1. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

to capture villages again.

Before you all cry, I never said take away the current system.

I think both old and new systems would be good. The reason for this suggestion is so we have people driving in boats again. Even if they are just launches.

P.s. I think more ship activities should be put in. Like npc crewed ships, floatsom cargo (ocean chaos chests), ghost ships, water mounts, ship trade routes.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

who the fuck other than you would waste time and money autoclicking a boat or battlespikes on a control point instead of capping it normally

MikerotchBAGFACE and Korag like this.
  3. nightblighter

nightblighter Gravelord
    Patron

God forbid someone like a different part of the game than you do, or do things that aren’t maximally efficient. The new village capture mechanic is mostly way better than hitting the village stone solo, BUT it did 100% destroy sea villages, which was one of the few remaining pieces of boat content in game.

I liked capturing sea villages with boats. Not everything has to be skill based to be fun. The occasional ship fights that happened were awesome, and there aren’t enough concentrating activities left for boat content otherwise. Just look at the Atlas hype for why boats in Darkfall are still relevant.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  4. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

I DONT WANT IT SO WE CANT HAVE IT

5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

taking boats to capture coastal villages used to be the thing to do. Way cheaper than battlespiking way faster than hammering.

6. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

Increase gear tier by 50% if you're standing on a boat for all sea villages?

MikerotchBAGFACE likes this.
  7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

the old system was good for 1 reason: it wasn't possible to cap and fight. I want that part back-in since it's not like ppl are actually trying to stop the enemy from capping before the fight is over.

Overall, i rather keep the new system entirely, but it can be improved. If we had to charge the bindstone in the middle after 1200 points, it would then be almost impossible to cap VCP's while fighting.

Edit

If they bring back cappable VCP's with siege damage, more ppl will just zerg it down to avoid a fight.

Atticus Killbane likes this.