Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Poll Ally Tags, Damage Counters, Clan/Ally Way Point. Calf Ramp

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Donaddor Lightbringer, Aug 27, 2019.

?

Poll

1. +1

80.0%
  2. No to all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only Tags

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only Damage Counters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Only Way Points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tags and Damage Counters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Tags and Way Points

10.0%
  8. Damage Counters and Way Points

10.0%
  1. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

So I intended to make a kind of constructive post since I said I might when I got unbanned (mainly because I was doing so before I got banned) I figure it might aswell be something I wanted to stress together that I felt could be a few easier QoL changes in relation to sieges game play mostly. Think I wanted to stress this around the Community Patch Stream while back. Think when or around the same time as when Full Loot on death changes were first suggested.

Now I know I can mention optimization and know there are other things one can argue that time would be better spent on rather than these things but figured its worth mentioning so that these changes aren't just forgotten, because like most things, they tend to be suggestions made before in the past multiple times by different ppl over the years of Darkfall history.

Ally Tags (needless to say, add toggles to most changes)

Basically just an ally tag over ally units that one can toggle off (with clan tags) if need be. Grants better knowledge on the field u are looking into and even in ur peripheral vision. Enemy units pushing back lines and shifts in battle are more noticeable. Multiple engagements no longer requires u to peer at multiple names when in a big fight to get in idea of how the exchange may have went for either side. It was a good QoL change that cleared up and made big siege fights feel easier to decipher.

Damage Counters (Toggle)

is another concept that helps better display what is going on and another old QoL suggestion that I feel would really be appreciated esp. coupled with Ally Tags and Multiple Way Points.

Multi-Way Point

Besides Party waypoint, should add a clan and Alliance way point bind so that one waypoint can be used for your clan, beyond a group size, and another as a whole for the entire alliance.

Right now its mainly party 1 or 2 way point when someone drops a waypoint and calls it out, with this, there are alliance / clan way points with the possibility of particular waypoint within these new way point options. Also would want to add that it was a great feature to be able to place way points on the map. Believe u could right click and place multiple way point on the map for others to see.

Beyond these points, can maybe also add a color spectrum to each. Say for Clan Way Point, can be a Green, Light green, darkish green variation so that up to 3 different waypoint can be displayed for just clan tags. Can bind a key to cycle between them or to repeat a certain shade. Blue, Light blue, Dark blue could be alliance variations. Party maybe red, light red/pink, dark red. Could also maybe add a number to way points so that each color will always be a certain number, but not sure how much that would help.

Also maybe could add a kind of way point type of aspect to where a player places something like a player flag type item and acts like a kind of public rallying point, maybe can bear a kind of clan/alliance symbol.

Think these simple changes would be a kind of nice, considerate, QoL changes that would really be appreciated in relation to siege game play. (thought not to imply ppl would just love it being done in this time frame.)

Def look forward to all the things that have had alot of work done on it getting done and I figure that enough could be done in time to keep the game not only afloat but back to generating a healthy and steadily growing population. I might try to finish some constructive threads I wanted to make awhile back when I was trying to think of threads to make. Wanted to put out a NPE one since its an aspect that is expected and needed to get some work on.

P.S.

Mentioned this before aswell awhile back but def. should look into a ramp for calf since its something that was in game in UW and should be expected in a sense. Should see exactly how UW's Calf ramp was to get an idea of how it existed.

Heres a little example, tried finding some vids but best if someone can open it in stand alone and record the entire ramp structure would be required if another ramp is to be constructed for Calf.

Basically had a ramp at the back of the pillar that went from the bottom up to the top, with mid way access to the middle level, parallel to that connection, another ramp not connected to the bottom that went from mid to top of the front side of calf. This clip is of the half ramp on the front side of calf.

#1 Donaddor Lightbringer, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    JasperHawkins and onslaught like this.
  2. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Patron

Good post.

I was hoping when BPG originally posted they were purchasing the rights to Darkfall that they would be putting stuff like this in the game. I'd add in new crosshairs, a better sensitivity slider (where I can type in what sensitivity I want as well as use the slider), raw input (unless raw input is default I don't know). Basic QOL things that bring the game into 2019.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Degamra

Degamra Air Elemental
    Hero

Start this vid at 3:05 and you can see some of the UW Calfardar ramp. This was a very very early siege in the games existence, when Imperium owned all of Cairn

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Donaddor Lightbringer likes this.
  4. Donaddor Lightbringer

Legend

Also wanted to add to this thread the idea of putting a Party Leader star not only on the Party leader's health bar, but a star over the clan/alliance tag aswell so party leaders can kinda stick out more on the field. Though of it recently and figure i'd throw it in here.

Should be able to hand over leader role to another and maybe even a system to vote on a leader.

#4 Donaddor Lightbringer, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019