Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alot more people are needed for this alpha. where is the hype?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

Currently there are almost 400 members on this forum.. that aint gonna cut it..

not only that.. but where is everyone? DF1 vets? should be @least 1k members?

Lets say that the df1 vets 80% will come to play this alpha.. thats around 1400 people.. rough estimate..

We need alot more..

- why is there no advertisements going on forumfall by av itself?
    - Has av send emails to the forumfall accounts about this relauch of df1? ( i have not received any)
    - third party websites are they informed? mmorpg.com? massively? mmohut? and so forth?

If you wanne fill this server.. for lets say 5k people.. things should be getting hyped now..

f2p players need to know that this "alpha is going to be f2p" for 8 till 10 weeks.

We need to get players hooked to this game during this time. and hopefully retain some % when the game launched

Couple of sweaty DF1 vet nerds, like myself, are not gonna fill this server

As i see it.. its better to advertise this df1 alpha fase with f2p for 8/10 weeks then announcing its gonna be alpha.. people will get confused

Let people make accounts for free and login for free with no key.. alot of less hassle..and alot more people will be drawn to this place.

2. trashsmasher

trashsmasher Crypt Guard

most ppl arent going to make a forum account because forums are full of acne kids and and anime likers and once you are older than about 17 you lose all will to talk to people like that

3. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Alpha is not a launch. It is a process for testing our infrastructure and getting to grips with code. The Darkfall being hosted in the immediate alpha stage will be Darkfall circa 2012. This is not the product we are specifically marketing.

We feel that certain elements in our roadmap are urgent fixes for player retention and general improvement of the game. These need to be completed.

I obviously cannot divulge marketing strategy but this is certainly not a matter of oversight, we are thinking long term. Plans have been made, many of which you will be seeing very soon.

4. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

nice little stresss test you got here then.. with 1k players hopefully.. this aint gonna work man..

Starting to market the game with an already bad reputation on the internet is not gonna do anything good either..

If you wanne adress people to this game.. advertise the game as f2p for 8/10 weeks..

You are currently only adressing the df1 vets and nothing indicates in getting f2p players to try this game out..

Woudn't you rather have a testing force of 2/4k players then 1 k players?

I understand that the beta or launch you prolly gonna adress this.. but new players are not gonna pump money into a game with a bad rep. which you indicate in the update.. with crowd funding..

5. LordCaligular

LordCaligular Dire Zombie

No one should be marketing anything before the product is ready and of high enough quality to actually retain new players. You wouldn't want to hype a buggy alpha.

6. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Our plan is to get the Alpha out to as many people as possible and keep in mind that thus far we haven't gone out to get any real public presence outside the community much because until we're ready with a real presentation, etc it's premature.

Remember you guys are early adopters here. Also some stats we've tracked over 1500 unique users in the past ~11 days alone with a total of over 4500 sessions and over 40,000 page views. and we don't even have our splash page up yet. There's more invested in this than you think with just a small percentage bothering to actually make accounts.

Edit: Sorry was 11 days, I corrected it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Yue Moon likes this.
  7. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

8. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Chosen of Khamset
    Loyal Patron Legend

The fire rises brother.

9. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

There are lots of people lurking, just waiting to see if this is for real.

10. EvilYeti

EvilYeti Goblin Scout

This.

(just made an account to post that, if this comes up for real the Paki family will be moving back to the UK or possibly America too)

11. Chuck TNT

Chuck TNT Goblin Shaman
    Legend

If you think this project has anything to do with AV at all apart from the game that big picture are working to bring back to us, i think you have been misinformed.

And if you think that this is going to be the actual game being launched for everyone when it has been clearly stated as an alpha, then i think you are also very misinformed.

I would expect that the company in charge of this project would've backed down by now if there wasn't the numbers that they would've hoped they would get for such a test, even if it is 400 people, it is still "enough" in order to test the things they are implementing to the game, and even then i expect a lot more than 400 people to be signing up and playing the alpha test.

12. Zoro

Zoro Spellgazer

I'm here, I brought my hype. Let me in please.

13. ODB

ODB Akathar
    Hero

Slow and steady always wins the race.

Keep up the good work guys.

14. Extrems

Extrems New Member

Some of veterans are playing Mortal Online or similars. Waiting alpha release. I loved Darkfall (first release, of course) and I hope play again with the new developer team. Time will tell us were goes this game.

15. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

well i hope im wrong about this subject then..

time will tell i guess

16. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Its still early boys give it time :)

17. JasonDark

JasonDark Skeleton Archer
    Legend

+1 also just created an account to increase the stats ;)

18. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Hype!

Hype!!

Hype!!!

19. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

If 400 people aren't enough tell your friends, get registered show your level of HYPE!

Remember we feed off of the legendary community we have.

Remember to feed your IT staff, they turn caffeine and pizza into code and stable servers.

20. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

There is a lot of hype in the DF1 community, however most clans are not willing to fully commit to anything these days until they have some solid proof it will actually be good.

Once people are actually playing the game you will see a lot more people here.