Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alot more people are needed for this alpha. where is the hype?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

How you can promote diversity with skill and gear only? And what if you mix armour pieces?

Everyone who played at a high competitive level did the same build, used bone with infernal helmet and gloves, cobrataff, rank 60 bow mob dropped, justice bringer mob dropped, reagents. Then start the fight with rank 50 magic rotations, aoe, rays, knock ups, etc... all the same shit every damn time.
    Where is the diversity you talking about?

2. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

Jack of all trades or hybrid mean exatly what the name implies, you can learn everything and use everything at the same time without any limit, so you aren't a mage, or a bowman or a warrior, or a crafter, you are all these, so a "hybrid".

3. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

How many times do I have to tell you this wasn't the case? In my clan alone there were tons of unique playstyles.

4. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

With this reply you fail to understand my point. What if i wont use magic altogether? Why magic should be mandatory?

If your reply is adapt or leave then you want jack of all trades or hybrids, transmutation don't solve this issue.

Is not true, transmutation is just a little boost, in the end you will rotate every spell from other schools too, not only utilities.

Without a restriction you will end up to reaise everything anyway, don't matter is it will take more or less time.

Infact is not, mean nothing and change nothing.

Maybe because i don't like magic and played destro even if i was gimped? Your discussion stagnate with the same assumption that everyone should learn magic to compete, is like a dog that bite its own tail.

5. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

You misunderstand Fnights.
    He played for 2 years, never casted witches brew.
    Because thats magic, and he dislikes that so much he didnt use it.

We can go even further though, he never used heal other/sacrifice/lay on hands or unburden.
    He played destroyer, which took him over a year to "max" out with.
    Meaning he had his 2h sword mastery and veteran archer capped, along with the str/vit/dex/quick stats.

He hates on mages so much, he doesnt even know the difference between a r90 and a r50.
    He believes that bolts have meaningfull aoe damage and that the ability to heal up quicker (because you have a staff out and ligher gear) with greater effect (because encumberance doesnt cause as big of a penalty) means that a mage will outlast a destroyer in combat.

He completely ignores all the top end pvp'ers continually gearing up in heavier and heavier gear.
    He has clearly not watched any of the tournaments, where dragon armor was basicly the gear to be used.

And dispite having played for 2 years as a destroyer, he still doesnt know that DPS wise its melee>archery>magic.
    Because to melee you have to get in range, which he couldnt.
    And to use archery you have to land your shots, which he didnt.
    So by default magic was OP.

6. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

Is a blatant lie. you can't have diversity with a jack of all trades in place, no matter how much you try to convince me of the countrary. If you want to compete you have to use everything or you stay behind, have less protection, do less damage and get destroyed in a blink of an eye.

7. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

Speculations as always, just because i don't like magic don't mean i dont' know how it work. Fact is everyone have the same identical build, or you can call the most dps output possible.
    If you still think there were diversity among players i can only laught in your face on how naive you are.

Magic was OP in the hand of hybrids, because of the large amount of buff, debuff and utilities you can cast at the same time. But with specializations will not be an issue anymore.

8. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Lol wtf, how is it a lie if I myself used mainly earth magic and succeeded with it?

9. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

I'm with you guys (or most of you guys I guess), I think there should be no classes like destroyer or indestructible. Emcumbrance is more than enough of a balancing tool.

Gear should define the player "role". Light armor = mage, Medium armor = hybrid, Heavy armor = melee. We just need more item variety within these presets, so that not every mage uses a cobrastaff and not every melee uses a JB. Good all around balancing and a couple item reworks would do wonders for diversity.

Gear aside, what I also would like to see is things like a lesser need of maxing every single magic school as a mage, for example. As it stands, you need to cycle between 5+ rays and a bunch of different R50, R90s and specific spells. Why? Rays specifically make no sense, why force players to grind a bunch of schools and use macros (or have some really complicated bindings) because they NEED half a dozen for a standard cycle?

I think mages should be able to have basic full magic cycles from a school alone. Mastering more schools should give the player more options and more specific spells, but shouldn't be absolutely mandatory. I think this way we would have a lot more mage diversity and it would make it easier for new players to get into the game even without having less grind.

10. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

Not surprised that you guys want the removal of destroyer and mage killer altogether, this reply show alone how rotten the community that Av created is and now is here.

Good luck devs. :)

11. Aristos Giannes

Hero

It's a fantasy medieval game. Healing and maintaining stats is balanced around healing magic. It's the way the game was designed. So yes, if you don't like it, please leave. Play DFUW.

But I didn't have to do that? You clearly have very little knowledge of how transmutes worked. I would be losing DPS by cycling rays, r90s, and r50s from other schools. I was much better off casting Acid Arrow, Corrossive Blast, Disentegrate, Impale, Pungent Mist after I landed my debuff. Those alone would do roughly 10 more damage or more depending on the target than spells from other schools.

And? What's wrong with that? The game needs a long character progression to keep people playing. There should always be something to work towards. It should be similar to how the DnD put it. 20% of time spent playing to reach 80% power, then 80% of time to finish the last 20% of your power.

My point this entire time has been warriors need items and gear similar to transmuted staves to encourage diversity.

12. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

Its not speculations though. You disagree with my statement, so that part is true.
    And everybody used melee in PvE because it was the best.
    Next up archery, for enemies you didnt want to get in melee with (like...fire dragons)
    And in the end magic, mostly used on type specific enemies.
    Air magic against rare ore golems.
    Fire magic against baradrons.
    Water magic against erodachs.
    All 3 being monsters that were kinda scary to melee against (esp if you were alone), because their sprint speed>your sprint speed.

As for knowing how something works, even though you never use it...
    You literally didnt know what spell people were shooting you with, but obviously its OP because it was a spell right?

And there was diversity among players, MAYBE every character was the same. But the way people used their characters was very different.
    If we drive the same car, do we drive the car the same way?
    Does having more different cars make driving a car more divers?
    I mean, i guess you have like monster trucks and offroad 4x4 vehicles. Thats different.
    But the actual difference between a fiat and a mercedes in 99% of the situations is nothing.

I dont normally make rude posts (intentionally), but you just are so ignorant about magic that your blind hatred for it is clouding everything.

13. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

Man, I have some unpopular personal opinions, like my hate for all kinds of instant travel and completely artificial shit like trade routes, etc, I think they break the game and people think they are good for the game, whatever.

But you seem to ONLY have unpopular opinions, every single one of your posts I read so far was asking for something no one in the Darkfall community wanted. Also, the development roadmap says pretty clearly what RoA is going to be, it is nothing like your suggestions, at all. I know there are pretty much no sandbox games out there and so on, but you are wasting your time trying to make this game the completely different game you have in your head.

14. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

I knew everyspell in the game, since i played enought to learn all the effect and animations.

Sure, there were good and bad players, or people who use a spell before or change rotations... but in the end the spells/utilities/buffs used were all the same in a way or another.

You are naive if you think that the game will survive with a skill system like this only because people can use these spells in a different order or way.

15. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I just proved all this wrong in my last post though?

16. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

No, i will play DND, why i should play the crappy UW? They screwed up the combat, the 3d races, the beautyfull world, and more over they create endless unbalanced classes.

Anyway i'm back here because Hugo tell me that i can like their vision, after reading from the faqs:

Sure is not enought because i don't have idea how they can implement these specs in the actual skill system and without removing the usage of staves, however i'm interested what's will be the result. Maybe they will explain in the next weeks better and in detail how it will work.

Again, if you want keep the status quo and the jack of all trades, you can able to change their vision, make a petition in the forum and ask them to release a vanilla Darkfall, you have the numbers to do so.

I can then move on and leave, i'm sure under the suggestion of this community this game will be a huge success in the mmorpg market. :)

17. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

Good bye.

Spammer.

God, I would pay to see one of your ex girlfriends try to break up with you.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  18. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

Im just done with talking to you fnights, either you dont understand what i say, or you cant put your thoughts into comprehensive sentences, or both...

But i think id have more progress talking to walls than i would argueing with you.

You hate on magic so much that you want a spec implemented that doesnt use a staff at all.
    Any comment on why that would be a too narrow spec, with fewer counterplay options, are ignored by you.
    And somehow this one line of action has to be competative in the entire scala of situations, able to deal with everything based on sheer raw power. Because a hybrid can deal with them, by mastering all parts of combat.

And pointing out that thats completely unfair, and would mean playerskill can be overcome by doing a single thing over and over, doesnt register at all.

Its like cannon rushing every game in SC2, then complaining others use different builds to win games against you.
    Darkfall is a game with more aspects to combat than melee, or archery, or magic alone.
    You need to use all 3, if you want to be the best.
    And because you have to use all 3, there's so much more to practice that playerskill becomes increasingly more important in deciding who wins a fight.

19. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Legend

Thank god, move along.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  20. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

ohh ffs he's doing it again...

gonna quote myself for fear of a good post being lost after 2 pages of fnights spam