Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alot more people are needed for this alpha. where is the hype?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Copperfield, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

You will go on feeding him, cause you like to discuss, yewwhatever :)
    Dont get me wrong, i know and understand what you trying to tell him (and i agree, obviously), but it wont help.

I often encounter bad players like him (and myself), who just cant understand, that some people are just much better cause they train harder. Everyone can get better with the right mentor and training, training, training, but most people are to undisciplined and lazy to even try. Its easier to blame the rules, the others, everything than just work hard on myself.

I had a practical example yesterday, i was with my clan Liandri at seatowers and i was guarding the captain, trying to jump on obstacles to train my fingers ... i did bad, needed min to just get up on one obstacle .. but well.... there i was, proud like a god.
    Than one of the best Liandries was jumping around, dueling, on the obstacles, down, obstacles, like 20 times up and down where i needed all the time to get there once. And he was duelling another guy and talking at the same time, totally relaxed.
    Thats what training does.
    Trying to change rules just to make me compete to him is so wrong. Its me who has to change and train, period.

2. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

You don't understand, these values should be tweaked, are just placeholders, can be 10% or 20%.
    What's matter is that you LOCK SOME DISCIPLINES, so you can't use everything and gridn everything, this is the point of the spec system, avoid to learn every damn spell and fullfill you hot bar with 60 skills. Get it?
    Blocking magic and boost melee with normal archery is just the beginning.

And you again fail to make an example to an alternative system that don't force you into this jack of all trades.

3. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

This debate has nothing to do tobe better or bad, is too limit the jack of all trades and the mandatory learn everything to be competitive. Like in UO or EVE you have to make choices on what set of skills you want use, you can't use everything at your disposal.

4. Riftmaster

Riftmaster Deadeye

Frankly it always seemed a bit crazy that high-end PvP seemingly required lots of switching between weapon, bow, and staff...
    I mean it was kinda cool and all...took a lot of skill. I never reached that level.
    But it's ridiculous, if you think about it....at least from an even semi-"realistic" standpoint.

But then it's a game, so what the hell.

Basically everyone was a jack-of-all-trades, and depending on specific gear could (and probably needed to) fulfill a bunch of roles in group combat - healing each other, melee, ranged attacks, and magic use.

From my perspective as a player without many of the requisite spells, all that seemed insanely daunting to have to figure out.

5. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

i just said, im giving up archery, melee, water magic, spell chanting.
    Are those not skills, am i not giving up part of magic?
    It would no longer be using all skills in the game, id be using basicly fire and air magic alone.
    (with maybe some utility spells from other schools)

And having your encumberance lock out magic schools is the same thing.
    Heavier gear = less magic
    Is that not giving up something?

And this is the problem.
    You read something, then you think....am i giving up all magic schools, and if the answer is no....you disagree.

As for the % boost, you somehow understood that 40% would be way too much.
    Then you completely read past the part where i explain to you that even small magnitude increases would completely melt away players.

6. Fnights

Fnights Earth Elemental

So reach a certain theresold of encumbrance locks completely magic?
    OR you can continue to use it with less damage? OR you are able to use the utilities, buffs, debuff?

If you can perform these actions then nothing change as i already pointed out, you have acces to everything but with different power, and don't remove the need to learn everything nor remove the fact you have to rely on melee+archery+magic all in one.

If you mean that you lock COMPLETELY magic along with respective buffs, debuffs, utilities then we can have a seta and discuss about it.

However, and i'm basing it on my previous experience, you can mix different pieces of armour to reach a compromise and you can still use everything in a certain degree (aka the battlemage hybrid), how do you solve this matter? How do you create diversity with a system like this in place?

You fail to provide me a concrete example of your idea even if you have to use placeholder numbers like i do with my idea of specs.

Of course it is, these tweaks should be made after a beta test.

You aren't the only one thinking this, lots of people wrote how stupid the jack of all trades was expecially from a sandbox RPG perspective.

7. helgrik

helgrik Infernal
    Legend

please do not take what fnights says into consideration, everything he wants changed is in a game that pretty much already exists. his ideas will turn the game into another dfuw or at least very similar.

its the same regurgitated ideas from other posts.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  8. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Why don't you guys move this discussion to a suggestion thread? :)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature