Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Alt's Logged Out in Dungeons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uzik, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

Such a really lame thing that is WIDELY used. Can barely do a high-end dungeon without running into one.

You are in the middle of farming, then POP a naked with login protection comes on, basically letting you know that there is a good chance a group of people is about to come in (Or not if you have more).

It gives an advantage to players willing to buy multiple accounts, and there is no defense against it.

Suggestion:

1) Logging out in a dungeon (Or near the entrance portal) takes A LONG TIME for your character to leave the game world (5-10 min)

2) Logging out in a dungeon (Or near the entrance portal) sends you back to your bindstone

Obviously people could still log their alt out near the dungeon portal, but then at least every time they would need to run back after logging in the dungeon, or carry enough gear to make it to the exit portal.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. nuclearping

nuclearping Crypt Guard
    Legend

It is a psychological issue.

People pretent to be playing a bad ass hardcore MMO. But then the same people take any advantage they can to either pussy out or complain about it.

Nat, nerdSlayer and Uzik like this.
  3. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

It is just one of those things were there is really no justification for it. Using an alt account to either avoid PvP, or find an easy gank is shitty.

nerdSlayer likes this.
  4. Magos

Magos Windlord
    Supporter Contributor

ya then you get the ones that exploit it even further like The Gentleman that log in an alt that will run around blocking you with the insanely long log in protection on, while the rest of their group destroys you.

Korag likes this.
  5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

cannot do number 2 it was like that before and people exploited the shit out of it to quick bind back home and escape pvp

Drago likes this.
  6. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

why is this an exploit ? its like using your recall if your char stay log on 1 min anyway?

maybe you mean they had free recall ? then make it like if recall wasn't under cooldown before log off you come back at your bind.

7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

right, so you cannot tell the difference between hiding in a corner and with recall Making a ton of noise in the same corner. Well so much for this thread

also only stay logged in longer if in combat I think it is like 30 to 40 seconds max if your not in combat

8. Prax

Prax New Member

Lol. That's all this game is, cheap exploits and gimmicks. Doing everything you possibly can to get ahead.

9. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

How about if you logout inside a dungeon, you login back at the dungeon entrance (outside) or alternatively the dungeon exit (outside)?

No free fast travel, but no pop-ins to dungeons.

nerdSlayer likes this.
  10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

should be like 5 to 10 sec max timer on log in or maybe even 0 in a dungeon
    --- Post updated ---
    still a fast and silent way to escape pvp should not be allowed need a much better solution than this.

11. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

The least exploitable mechanic imo would be that if you log out in a dungeon, your character stay "in-game" even if you are offline (not stopping you from logging back in) or something similar that allows other players to kill you or loot you.

#11 Clarence Swamptown, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Drago and Synik like this.
  12. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I think there are two issues here

1. Unlimited carry weight: Lets admit it many of those alts are just super safe farming loot holders so add weight cap
    2. Being able to log in and out with shield still going: if you click 'quit' your pro shield should disappear for the 40 seconds of logging out and maybe make the log out time in unlawful areas 1.5 minutes instead of 40 seconds.

Drago likes this.
  13. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

ok i understand better.

i guess if everyone is doing it i guess i'll use my brothers account as a safe bank when i solo. no reason to not use allowed mechanics if everyone is doing it. but it doesn't mean i like it.

maybe this deserve a tutorial in new player section ? how to farm in dungeons safely

- take a 2nd account the scout a dungeon and log off inside
    - come farm with your main account and log your mule for transfer when needed and log off mule
    - rince and repeat

bonus : put some gear bag in your mule inventory so you can stay a long time.

14. nerdSlayer

nerdSlayer Goblin Warlord

Might be a good idea. I have no issue with the shield itself, but you should NOT be able to just log off with no penalty.

Then again people could still scout with it, which is still a big issue. Maybe kick you from the dungeon when you log off while still having the drop shield thing you mentioned?

15. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

Surely walling off a dungeon with strongboxes is worst than this?

Or do you mean the alt logs in and attacks? Buying time for more attackers?

16. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

I agree with this man and 100 percent like the concept

17. nerdSlayer

nerdSlayer Goblin Warlord

You can break through a strongbox. The issue is that even if you do, someone can log off and easily log back on with shield only to log right back off. The log in shield exploit/scouting is the biggest issue at hand imo.

18. Train of Pain

Train of Pain Infernal
    Loyal Streamer Contributor Legend

Honestly took this post seriously at first. Then I remember every game is about cheap exploits and gimmicks. There hasn't been a single game in the history of games that people have not cheated/exploited.

nerdSlayer likes this.
  19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

It's hard to find a solution that isn't exploitable in another way. The best thing to do is keep coming up with various suggestions, discuss them without being asses (if we can), then we can pick the lesser evil.

My first thoughts: logging out inside a dungeon takes longer, say 3 minutes. Logging back in after being in a dungeon send you outside to the dungeons entrance portal.

Byzantinian, Vermi, WyLd_SyDe and 6 others like this.
  20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

First off, the max carry weight capacity shouldn't be infinite. Ppl are using alts instead of strong boxes.

Logging out in a dungeon should send you back at the entrance when you log back-in. That way, you don't have a shield when you load-in the dungeon.