Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Amount of Rare tier mobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, May 7, 2019.

?

What Option would you prefer

1. Allow R1-R50 rare mobs to scale to two

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Increase how many Spawns there are of R1-R50 rare mobs

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Don't change anything

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

So I see a big issue in near future, with how rares will work how the little guys(newer) or casual player will barely be in the average gear bags. Reason its not a big deal atm is because mines have already made ores abundant. But with the leather/cotten/timber rares we have no mines to get them so in theory the cost of them with be even more than ores. I think everyone agrees its ok to keep the R75-100 mobs how they are let them be a bottle neck so not everyone is running around in seige bags. I think the R1-R50 which in theory would be every day bags needs to be a little more abundant. Keep in mind all the spawns range from 10-20mins and each only spawn one mob at the location so its a slow process. Think of sele golem for example you can prob kill it 6 times an hour thats prob around 30 ores an hour, 15 ingots that enough for r1 heavy armour r50 sword and bow and it took an hour to farm.(also no enchants :p).

so atm
    R1(sele golem) 3 Spawns
    R25(vel) 2 Spawns
    R50(neithal) 2 Spawns
    R75(leen)1 Spawn
    R100(thyril)1 Spawn
    leather/cotten/timber all follow the same amount/

So I have two suggestions one keep the amount of spawns they have and allow for R1-R50 mobs to scale up to two, might make it worth while to bring a buddy. Sele golem used to scale to i think 4 and that was insane I think 2 would be good.

Option 2 would just increase the amount of spawn locations of the tier R1-R50 mobs.
    R1(sele) 5 Spawns
    R25(vel) 3 Spawns
    R50(neithal) 3 Spawns
    R75(leen) 1 Spawns
    R100(thyril) 1 Spawns

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    quietnoobz and JEDIMind like this.
  2. Asylum

Asylum Goblin Warlord

Just Bring Back Spawn Scaleing

3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

1 Sele in each racial area (placed more towards the side of the subcontients)

2 More veil spawns.

2 More Neithal spawns.

1 More leenspar spawn.

Theyril remains the same.

There is parts of the map that have... FUCK ALL. Can quickly add value to them by adding in more spawns. The respawn timer could also scale.

4. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Nah spawn scaling was to extreme imo

5. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Both a and b.

Inkarnation and Sero like this.
  6. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Basically my thoughts as well, especially considering rare metals have been in the game for 2 years AND there is supplemental ore being introduced to the game by hundreds or more every day via mines and rare dynamic nodes.

Fengor, Blaze and Sero like this.
  7. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Areas of the map that have been destroyed and could use some love:

upload_2019-5-7_14-21-59.png
    Remember this section? 2 Hamlets completely devalued.

upload_2019-5-7_14-22-26.png
    An Entire racial area, with practically no land value.

upload_2019-5-7_14-23-20.png
    This western coast has never been good, and the islands? What is the point of taking the time and going to them if they have nothing?

upload_2019-5-7_14-24-32.png
    Lots of holdings here, but why own 1?

upload_2019-5-7_14-25-3.png
    Sweetwater, Spiderfang, Orthok, Zag. Nothing of value surrounding them. Shit I don't think theres ever been something of value around them.

I mean I can point out 10 other areas like this on the map, and don't even get me started on the Dungeons. If the dungeons on mainland were still good it might take some of these areas off the list but sadly they arent.

8. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Adding some extra spawns seems fine to me, I wouldn't want to see spawn scaling on these monsters though just because I feel it pumps out materials too fast and it makes it a lot easier to get jumped and killed, you're already taking a big risk farming some of these guys. I would like to see the respawn timers reduced at least a little bit, especially on the selentine tier monsters. Maybe even a minute reduction on all of the rare material spawns would be wise, I don't like sitting around for toooo long.

Oresmacker, quietnoobz and Blaze like this.
  9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Where's the option for wipe and keep rare mob spawns and mats low (so they are more contested), reduce rare metals from city nodes, time gate crafting progression (so lower ranked gear isn't totally skipped again), add a 25% chance for item destruction on death, lower the effectiveness of low durability gear...

THIS would naturally LOWER the AVERAGE gear bag rank, prevent inflation, promote more open world pvp/ rare spawn control (because EVERYONE even winning players will have to continuously farm more), create a better risk to reward ratio, and make it both significantly easier on new players while giving the vets something to grind for/long term item goals?

If everyone has top tier gear like infernal and it's easy to get and use in daily PvP, then why even have full loot?

Progression is a critical part of Sandbox MMORPGs yet BPG removed character progression AND the vast majority of item progression and now people wonder why they have nothing to do.

Why is everyone ok with skipping the first 4 ranks of gear a week into launch?

Another reason the average PvP gear bag is currently so high is because of inflation due to years of lack of item sinks particularly in PvP.

Can't truly fix it without a wipe and an economic overhaul before a relaunch, otherwise it's just bandaids and basically pointless.

#9 Battle Smurf, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  10. Kol Taggar

Kol Taggar Infernal
    Loyal Legend

battle smurph has weighed in. /threadOver

Inkarnation likes this.
  11. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

Why not buf spawn scaling and nerf drop rates to compensate ? Waiting for mobs to spawn sucks.

The Red King likes this.
  12. joanouse

joanouse Goblin Warrior

Add value to dungeons, put rare cloth/leather in key chests.

Small amounts/ 10-29% chance to drop.

Sero, Blaze, quietnoobz and 2 others like this.
  13. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

I lean toward this as well at least for some mobs. If the amount you get per hour is the same (or so) and you wait around less it's less boring for sure.

Inkarnation likes this.
  14. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Agree.
    First they fucked up just PvE.
    These mobs that only have one spawn will be camped with afks more then the champs. (Free account s!)

They need someone who actually farms to rework the pve, this whole change should of got it's own feedback thread cause I'm sure probably like 75% of the server is like what the hell. Mobs like deathless mages only have one spawn now? High end tier mobs no longer drop gold? Maybe if someone from team B would explain this revamp how they were seeing it in their eyes when they did it i might understand.

BPG you have made enchanting where it's q4 or dead.
    Then revamped mobs to where if the server had pop a newer player would never get them.
    The only way to insure you get mats is to stand in your city building up a zerg to insta port to a village.
    People don't farm unless they have to ( probably in the low percentage of my clan that farms ) I'm in a clan with vets that legit have nothing to do but stand in the city waiting for villages and I don't blame them cause pve is so unrewarding. You put new mats into the world before the armor and still only a percentage of people have killed them. Again I'm in a clan with high end try hards that have not even seen where a new mob spawns.

So I'm saying either fix PvE by changing back loots to at least drop gold.
    Make 120 stats obtainable by pve farming.
    More rare mobs
    up the percentages of maps found.
    Fixing dungeons!
    DAILIES!
    Fixing enchant combine where farming q1-3 mats would be worth it. How many shit spawns go unnoticed every day? Why is someone gonna stop to farm them? No point.

Random node spawns for rare mats ( like how rare ore nodes spawn ) trees, bushes, and rare wildlife for leather.
    --- Post updated ---
    Nail on the head with this comment.

#14 JEDIMind, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  15. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I agree the enchanting mat combine was stupid and I spoke out against it as soon as BPG said they were implementing it.

You have to get the economy (this includes mob spawns and loot tables) right at the START of the game, trying to fix it 2 years post launch is a nightmare and will ALWAYS screw one group of people or another.

Also if "good" players don't ALSO NEED to perpetually farm, then that directly kills most open world PvP and meaningful territory control.

Everyone wants to jump people farming at mob spawns, but many of these same people aren't willing to have game mechanics implemented that require THEM to go out and farm mobs themselves. That's not sustainable.

16. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

yup, lots good ideas here. i've said long ago to include a 120 stat pot pve dungeon daily/weekly quest. must be too difficult to code in or something. better stick to terrain enhancement graphics, territory control, and limiting everyone to fighting over 1 erodach for new robes which don't really do anything new.

The Red King, JEDIMind and Fengor like this.
  17. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

I do way more farming then jumping people, but I'm a little smarter where I farm. I did in fact get some guy today at a Fire Giant spawn but it's almost like not fair cause theres only one place to get cinder lol. No one wants to farm cause it's so easy to pinpoint what spawns to check. Hmm one Leen Golem....wonder where people are? They have made an unfair advantage to farmer and people who NEED to farm by this mob spawn change..ya it creates PvP and hott spots but who to say it there were 3 leen golems all of them would be hot spots?
    No need to farm when you can legit print cash standing in villages.
    Level so fast PvE is just a gear grind

On top of that the mobs are only a benefit if your solo, who is grouping and killing the golems?
    No one but people are running around with groups of 10 giving those farmers they jump 1v1s.
    If you want to make a fp set ( which wouldn't even compete with today's combat ) you have to kill this golem solo like 5-6 times.

#17 JEDIMind, May 8, 2019
    The Red King, Slayven and Inkarnation like this.
  18. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Kinda off topic but I really hate the enchanting system, all of it. Just trying to farm stuff to enchant a bag with is bad enough yet alone taking the time to apply the enchants. 15 mats + a catalyst. It’s 2019 most of your player base has lives now, ain’t nobody got time for that.

Whole system could go imo, or drastically be changed.

19. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

think if they made those useless spawns drop q1-3q gems. Those q1-q3 could be combined into higher gems? Think if you could hit one of those mobs and slowly gained stats to 120? Would they still be crap?
    every mob would have some sort of value then
    On top of that what it they made a mob point system where depending on what tier level the mob is yields these points you could use to buy items from the store?120 pots?raremats?
    Tons of ideas to make under valued mobs worth something. But these guys are obviously avoiding all ideas made by players along with their feedback.
    the mediation system could easily be converted/salvaged into a mob point system that would push people into the world.

#19 JEDIMind, May 8, 2019
    Inkarnation likes this.
  20. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Vanilla df aka roa beta