Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Amount of Rare tier mobs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blaze, May 7, 2019.

?

What Option would you prefer

1. Allow R1-R50 rare mobs to scale to two

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Increase how many Spawns there are of R1-R50 rare mobs

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Don't change anything

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Ateerix

Ateerix Goblin Scout
    Legend

Incoming wall of text. I was pretty stoned when I wrote this, and when that happens I Just. Keep. Typing..... My bad, thanks for reading if you commit to it, I think it has good ideas.

As a returning player who just made it into Full Plate before an unwanted DF hiatus, I've found it extremely hard to get up to speed with everyone else. Let's ignore the fact that most groups of the server currently are fairly zergy, and pretend I only ever find small scale fights (which does still happen, just more rare.)

This is my take on my time back (under a week), and the problems I see with mobs, looting, and catching up:

I play as destro, if I gear up in my best stuff I currently have; full plate, maybe a couple infernal things, and rank 60 weapons, I still feel under-geared when I go to villages. It's seems like everyone and their mount has silverbranches, oodles of infernal or dragon, cobrastaffs galore, or some melee weapons I've not seen before that absolutely destroy me.

I quickly lose my best couple of gear bags, and decide it's time to gear up and try again. This right here is the point where most people who return quit. Of all the old friends and people I've asked to come back and try the game, this is when they all leave. Gearing up right now for someone so far behind is an absolute nightmare and so fucking time consuming for how fast you lose it. The fact that I can't even mine for rare ores in random nodes anymore was the biggest disappointment I think I have ever had playing darkfall. This change crushes the little guys and clans who can't afford to siege three times a day and front an army at all times. So I turned to golems..

Where are all the golems? What the fuck is an obsidian golem? Whatever, I'll try it out anyways and see what I get. I make it to a selentine golem, the one in human lands, as that's the only one that is far enough away from a player holding that they wouldn't know someone is farming just by bank staring. (seriously wtf why are the spawns to close to player holdings???)

I get one kill in and get jumped by 4 people even before I get the chance to loot. They arrived from the player city, they still somehow knew. There goes the last of my full plate, and my good weapons. Now I'm onto plate, weeeeee.......eeeeee.....................

I figure I'll try the market at this point, I have about 100k gold, and discover that covers pretty much 1 gear bag for me, just barely. I decide maybe I'll see if I can kill something that drops good gold. This is when someone let me know that most of the higher end mobs don't drop gold anymore. Outstanding.

This is about where I give up. I either am forced to join one of the few zergs to compete, which completely eliminates any newer guilds from cropping up btw, or am forced to switch my play-style to be a mage. I hear robes are decent nowadays and pretty cheap..... -_-

Anyways, here's what I wish the game had, which I think would fix how stagnant it is, and make it easier to get back into the game. The PvP systems that are in place already work. People who like PvP already like it. Stop trying to add to it. Add more PvE shit where NATURAL pvp can occur. These are a few suggestions to get people into the world, prevent bank staring, and make it easier for new players and returning players to catch up to others. Also I would love to see ulterior methods to gain materials than just mobs/mines. Especially for solo/new/small clans. That's how you increase the population. Zergs are very unappealing to people, and that's all we seem to have right now.

Long list, long read sorry, was kind of high when I wrote it and didn't really stop.

Solutions:
    Package 1 (quick fix, easy patches):
    • Bring back rare ore on iron nodes, if you want the localization for them, keep it, have the rare ore only come from the iron nodes on the certain continents, but at least have them as a chance to get mined so the new guys, returning players, or small clans can still compete or catch up without getting zerged out of gear and materials.
    • Increase the amount of Selentine golems on mainland, 1 per racial location, and move them out of range of ANY player or NPC city. Being able to bank stare and know someone is farming one when a missile flies over your bank is stupid. Have selentine tier be the average. Add a bell-curve to other ore to make it more rare, theyril should be very hard to come by, dragon should be for very special occasions, and then so should infernal; leenspar should be a lot harder to come by as well. Buff newly crafted cobrastaff to compensate theyril cost.
    • Bring back gold to mobs so that new players can afford the inflation on the market.
    • Tax holdings if mob gold loot exists, based on the proximity of mobs around city. Add ability to collect tax from clan members, set by SG.
    • Get rid of mob equipment grading system, have all equipment from mobs have 80-90% less durability and cannot be enchanted, or comes pre-enchanted to deal more damage to a certain mob type (not player race).
    • Why do I have to build treasure maps from parts? eliminate that stupid shit and bring back full maps so people are more likely to roam around. Follow DFUW's idea of being able to obtain them from fishing/boat box loot.

Package 2 (committed fix):
    • Wipe items, keep character progression. Hard to fix an economy without it, the above package just makes it easier for people to come back and stay relevant, doesn't really fix the economy though. Hard to fix economy without a reset at this point, at least in my opinion.
    • Increase selentine golem spawn on mainland, one per, move away from any NPC or player holding/city/hamlet. Aim for selentine gear to be the average gear tier. Make weapons require more of one type, and not require multiple varieties of rare ore, associate them with the tiers.
    • Add selentine ore back to iron ore nodes, leave the rare ore on golems, and the random ore nodes you can find. The rare nodes are already rare as shit, maybe also allow them to spawn on mainland as well? I ran around all of mainland and did about 25 maps, I found 1 chaos chest, and 1 selentine vein. Seems fairly low considering I probably traveled 100 km or so.
    • Get rid of mob equipment grading system, have all equipment from mobs have 80-90% less durability and cannot be enchanted.
    • Add some of the shit I list below:

Content to add to better the PvE side of things (which leads to better PvP)
    • You have a PvP heat-map, use it for something; a new spawning tombstone (like chaos chest or papyrus) has a chance to appear on a zone after a certain amount of time has passed since someone was killed and ganked in that area. When you dig near it, you dig up a new item, weighs 100 kg, it's a coffin. There's different rarities of coffins, and they are based on the average equipment rank of whoever died on the tile previously. When opened you get some equipment (not mob drop quality, but crafted quality, at 25-50% durability) based on the equipment tier. Also includes arrows/regs/potions. Doesn't give 100 kg worth of stuff, just figure why not make the coffin heavy as shit. Only allow 1-2 coffins per tile to prevent sieges/villages being a shit show. Have a random chance they also spawn just because but capped at equipment tier 3 if not based off player gank. Doesn't generate if ganked by ally or party member. Cannot spawn within city limits.
    • Add ranks to dungeons (kind of like how they are already but better) Anything over a selentine chest quality dungeon costs an entrance fee, the highest tiered dungeons cost 5k per entry, but dungeons have increased mob scaling, and all mobs drop gold. Focus on them being even more for groups than solo. Have repeatable quests in each one with no repeat timer, but also have daily quests with the 24h cool-down that give much better rewards.
    • Eliminate Sea Fortresses, or change the reward to give the clan something that lasts till the next one, kind of like how wonders work. Maybe decreased taxes on the market, discounted dungeon fees, a bonus to village reward loot. Make them a king of the hill like villages instead of shoot the tower. A boat has to stay within the towers influence range for a certain amount of time without leaving or sinking to capture it. Impossible to mark runes or use teleportation into it's tile by nexus or other means.
    • Add harbors to launch boats and ability to craft mastery boats in non starter/capital NPC/chaos towns so smaller clans can do those things and add to the amount of boats are on the water. Then add flotsams like chaos chests that you need a boat (not a raft) to pickup, goes into a boat strongbox, loot can be treasure maps, or random tiered coffins (see idea above) among other things.
    • BPG hire someone to play as a mob, kind of like how GMs would play as a devil in the first Darkfall. Give them a map marker so everyone knows where they are. Reskin a dragon, giant, demon, devil, something so it looks unique until you model something new. Increase it's size. Killing it gives good shit, and adds some kind of a 12 hour in-game time buff to the party that gets the killing blow. (continues after logout like newplayer protection)
    • Add a /duel player name so people can fight each other in NPC cities. This command only works in NPC city limits, upon health reaching zero fireworks shoot out of the winner, and both parties have their stats reset to what they were upon entering the duel. If you leave the NPC city limits, the duel is cancelled and your stats revert to what they were when the duel began. Added bonus: Allow wagers?
    • Daily Mob bonus. Everyday at the top of the task journal thing, a new mob is selected from each of the 6 difficulty tiers. Task is to kill as many as you can within the 24 hour period. Reward is payed out like a village, to your bank (or mailbox thing, whatever makes more sense), when the 24 hour cycle resets and is based on how well you did. Each rank of mob rewards it's own set of rewards. Killing 100 goblins may reward you 50 bread, 2000 gold, and also maybe some low rank armor/weapons plus regs, whereas killing 50 Fire giants could reward something like 5 portal shards, couple rare crafting mats, 20,000 gold, etc. (loot can be adjusted, whatever makes sense) If that seems too OP for groups amassing wealth, could make it so only final shot gets the kill counted, instead of the whole party.
    • Player trade caravans - This isn't what you think, it's more like the trade runs, but smaller scale and only reward gold. Each cities merchant NPC offers timed quests that change each day or hour. He tells you about a great trade opportunity, and will sell you trade goods. Each trade good weighs 20kg, and has random value assigned to it which you can purchase from him. He tells you 3 different cities you can sell it to (at the merchant NPC of those cities) The distance will determine what markup is given when delivering the trade goods, an example would be if I bought in Hildershall in human lands, I could deliver it to Monkfield for next to no profit, Flaming skull for a decent profit, or Stonehold in wolf lands for the highest profit. When you accept the quest your timer starts. If you are killed along the way, people can loot your stolen goods, and sell them in chaos cities to the merchants there for the cost you paid for them plus 5%. This idea can be expanded on, or made simpler for newer players, like running supplies between starter cities could give them a job that isn't killing mobs for loot, and is reliable, easy and something different. This shouldn't be some overpowered way to get rich, should be balanced as just something else to do to make money if you're bored of killing shit.
    • Middle map has a new racial war feature. This idea is to bring back the racial wars from the first darkfall but with a twist. You fight for favor from the gods, the gods don't recognize alliances, it's every race for themselves, at a certain time of the day, which people will know about through a countdown timer, with a rotating time so both EU and NA can participate, players can enter the middle of the map and compete for favor from the gods. Upon entering the area, your name will not be shown when someone hovers over you, only your race. If a human runs into an Ork, they will view the ork as having a red name, and it will simply say Ork. If you fight in a party with another race, each kill will count against your race, with the possibilty of all members of the party getting a debuff from the gods (figure out what that is later). At the end of an hour or two, the race with the most kills will be rewarded with a mild buff that lasts until the next racial war. If a buff seems too OP, then some other reward can be given, free dungeon admission if that idea gets added or something.
    • Meteorite has fallen: Another global event which appears on the map when no one is on a tile, randomly, with a cooldown. A meteor has crashed somewhere on Agon or the subcontinents, it contains various rare materials when mined, but can only be mined with a special tool. You can only have 1 tool on your person at a time, and the tool will only harvest 10 rare ore of various rarity before the pickaxe breaks. You can take other players special tools when yours has broken, or if theirs has more durability. The meteor itself can have a certain amount of materials until it's gone, or it can be on a timer before it becomes unstable and explodes, whatever feels more balanced.

TLDR: The PvE currently suck shit, especially for returning or new players. The ability to gear up and get up to speed with what people currently have is rough and daunting for new and returning players. Open up patches and work to be done on content that doesn't have to do with PvP and politics, PvP can already occur almost everywhere. But there's next to nothing to do anywhere. Add more shit somewhere, that allows more pvp to happen. The server population isn't big enough for the current loot regional locked system thing that's going on, and since there is no localization restriction on where clans can settle and how many holdings they can have, the zergs rule the game. Which is just a huge turn off to new and returning players and clans. Sorry for the rant, again, I am pretty stoned and it's my day off. Hope it makes sense.

Squanto, Schnid and Billy Lee like this.
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Scaling would be great, it would help create pvp hot spots and help people farm what they need. Perhaps the scaling could be tied to both how quick you are killing the mobs and how many people are there. So the more people there are there, the higher the max spawn can go up to, but to get it to the max spawn rate you have to kill it fast enough, to prevent alt spamming.

I think adding more spawns would be a terrible idea, if you do that you will run into the same issues champions had, champions could have been great pvp hot spots, if the loot was a bit better and if there wasn't so many champs. Having 10 champs is just to many with the current population for them to be hot spots. I fear the same thing would happen if you increased the amount of spawns that drop these new resources.

Think about it you already have cotton, wood, leather and rare ores, each of them has like 9 spawns, that is already 36 spawns, that is a lot of spawns already. It is unlikely to create hot spots.

3. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

I like the current cost of rare ores so i wouldn't want there to be more golems per spawn. I don't mind about having more spawns, but i think it's fine. I never want infernals to become common while everybody should be in q3-q4 FP.

1 more leenspar spawn is necessary.

For most golems, the spawns around them suck. I want that to change.

Selentine golems are decent, but it could be so much better.

• Elish's selentine golem used to be: Selentine golem, 2 Eodrins that spawns up to 3. Now, it's selentine golem and earth elementals. q3 quartz can't be sold so easily.
    • Aradoth's selentine golem has menhir stoneguards. stoneguards have shit tier loots now: 500g, no q4 lifeforce.
    • Selentine golem in human land had 4 good menhir stoneguard. Again, those menhirs drop shit loot now.
    Veilron golems are probably good now.

• As i'm writing this, i'm looking at my world map. Top veilron spawn on yssam has thainlich/lord spawn around it. that's good. It used to be thainlord at night only. I remember complaining about that.
    • For the veilron golem below, if deathstalkers and witch-doctors are good, then it may be good now. You also have the dark-dragon.

Both neithal golems still suck i think.

The Western neithal golem can probably be good if you got a raft to cycle between neithal golem and chosen of khamset.
    The eastern neithal golem would be good if child of khamsets didn't exist.

The other golems are good.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I disagree with needing one more leenspar golem tho, sometimes you get pvp but most time people free farm it feels
    Its good to have bottlenecks on R75-R100 mobs and their rares, this makes it so R1-R50 gear is the norm and R75-R100 is for sieges or for the very rich,

Thrill Kill likes this.
  5. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Some of you guys are missing the point.
    making spawns have better loot or adding spawns around them won t work.
    there's to many shit mobs just lingering in the world no one is killing..
    theres some mobs I've NEVER killed in 10 years of df cause they're shit.

We need a system that will make every mob have value.
    killing shit mobs enough should fork over some rewards..Like dailies that rewards good PvP gear.
    I bet if you made a daily to kill 40 or so goblins to get a Jb people would do them.

6. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Wildtribe Mage

What about instead of offering the reward directly they give a different currency that can purchase from a list of items? Then you could save up your points to buy the item you want.

7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Look at my post before the one you quoted.

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I mean shit, a daily quest giver that rotates different mobs and gives a decent reward would see a lot of the mobs getting killed.

9. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

I just don't get why one would rely on anecdotal evidence and random player opinion. Sure it might be right and accurate, but it also might not be.

Wouldn't a simple solution be to extend the logic in the PvE metrics slightly so that it records more data (if it doesn't already). With that, you spend a few hours (and really, it is a few hours) coding some reports too get those internal metrics out. You could then:

Balance the drops in a region by moving loot around to nearby spawsn.
    See what regions aren't hunted in, increase the loot there.
    See what resources are most sought after by comparing loot tables to kills.
    Find imbalanced mobs.
    Verify player opinion with data.
    Blablabli really easy to expand on this.

Rinse and repeat this a few times you should get some decent loot tables. I can't see much bad with this approach and I think that it is very common way to attack balancing issues.

10. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

You guys and BPG never learn. IF the game population picks up and we get a sudden influx of 500-1000+ players, yes changes will need to be made to the mid-top tier spawns.. but until that happens leave the shit the same. We need contested spawns, otherwise there is little to no PvP interaction in the world and there is no point to craft or wear the gear you are trying to farm. Back before the changes they made, we NEVER ran into anyone for days or weeks at top mobspawns. Do you really want to go back to that?

Alts are a HUGE issue, BPG is going to need to come up with a really fucking good solution otherwise all of the end game spawns are going to be controlled by a few top clans and NO ONE will ever be able to farm them. I've had a few ideas how to solve it but its either overly complicated to implement or can be circumvented in some way.

Other than Alts at the high end spawns, the biggest issue right now is and always has been runebooks. The ability to instantly warp around the map from your city to the leenspar golem > theyril golem > guardians > erodach > wildtribe shaka with no cooldown and no delay between ports (having to re-mark the runes to save that location) allows a single person to effectively lock down majority of the top end spawns with little to no cost. Every spawn you clear, you profit so portal shards aren't really an issue, and if you see people or get jumped majority of clans have runes at all of the high level spawns so there are no random openworld encounters anymore, just shameless zerging.

TLDR: You kids never learn. Leave it until it becomes an issue. Alts are a huge issue BPG needs to come up with a solution for. Runebooks need to change so pvp at spawns goes back to being openworld encounters rather than shameless zerging and the same 5 people controlling every high end spawn.

11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

''You guys''? We all know that. BPG never learns. We have been saying exactly what you wrote even before the implementation of runebooks.

Nice post, but don't act like we haven'T been saying that. We just don't repeat the same things. We suggest other things that they might implement or change.

12. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

There's one eodrin and one erodach... How is this acceptable in any way?

JEDIMind likes this.
  13. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

Since I doubt they will invest any time into a real soloution, Something literally as simple as a 30 min CD on runebook use would be good enough for now.

Inkarnation likes this.
  14. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

TL;DR:
    Making changes without quantifiable data is a great way to make something that will be reverted, this should be apparent by now. How do you know if you've done something good? You measure it before and after.

Metrics are never wrong, especially due to the fact that they are cheap and reports can be coded as needed. It would also kill some useless opinionated discussions going about the same subject. It would also give a baseline of what is right, to avoid the "it works, don't change it" subjective reasoning. This is quite common and good practice in life and other games so I guess it might not fit DF.

This obviously doesn't only apply to the loot table, but all kind of monster balancing. Changing loot might not always be best way to go around it, it could be strengthening or weakening the monsters.

Squanto, your arguments seem sound but miss on a few points and don't really go deep on the subject.

You (or anyone else in this thread) don't offer any type of method to evaluate if something needs fixing besides opinions. Currently it would be forum topics and polls (like this and others), another one could be improved metrics. The latter would be an effective tool to make informed changes and to ensure the opinions of the minority doesn't mask the reality of the majority. The former would be a way to get an inclination of what to look closer at.

Loosing mob spawn PvP hot spots could be an issue yes, but it should not be the only way to promote PvP and it is a non issue if done right. By balancing the loot table you could even create a higher amount of hot spots and you would most likely also create more natural (i.e. not recall around) world PvP. This argument becomes more apparent when you start pushing it to the extreme, i.e. 10 usable spawns vs 200.

Ensuring that the number of PvP hotspots is right for the current population could also be done by measuring kills in spawn regions. If you do a balance and measure kills you know for sure if you've done something to promote world PvP. When you see a player increase, or decrease, you could also use that data to yet again modify the loot table in a proper way.

Having more balanced loot would be newbie friendly. It could make the first part of the game easier in the "right" way. If this would indeed make the game start easier, one could imagine that the new player influx would be bigger with the non DF/returning crowd, as that time is coming soon from my understanding. Balancing loot would be a big nudge for natural char progression (i.e. arrows, regs, gear). This would in turn create more PvP. Mixing that in with what people by from vendors, a good balance could be created.

Balancing loot could also fix some of the things you mention, or at least mitigate them. Having more spawns would be less beneficial for alts and less beneficial for big guilds (as it would be more geared towards groups). With some other suggestions that have been mentioned it could be quite a definite problem.

And lastly but possibly most important, it is easy and reports can be interpreted by non developers.

Squanto likes this.
  15. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

This post asking for the amount of rare mobs to be increased clearly shows that 'you guys' (the people in this thread that are FOR adding more rare mobs to the game) don't fucking learn. The economy is on a road to recovery after being absolutely mangled by spawn scaling. We're seeing people downgrade their gear to fullplate and blackbolts again because cobra and infernal is too expensive to be the norm. Dragon is getting more and more expensive and rare, this is how the economy should be working. Its gonna suck if a few crybabies who want to free-farm and only run around in q5 cobras with dragon and infernal ruin this games economy AGAIN after BPG fucked it a few months after launch. City mines need to be nerfed before they add the new gear, wait a few weeks or months to see how the economy is looking after the patch and then go from there.

I can understand the need for q5 cinder and q5 eye and the fact that its now nearly impossible to farm. That was an oversight by BPG. Adding q4/q5 enchanting materials to other or new mobs needs to be done as a temporary band-aid fix (Enchanting materials and the entire enchanting system need a full rework, it actually baffles me that BPG hasn't done it yet.. we've all been bitching since Alpha..) but the rare materials only being 1-2 spawns are fine and need to stay that way otherwise the economy is going to go back to being ruined overnight. Its slowly getting better. Do you really think q4 infernal cobra r60/r70 tier stuff should be the 'minimum' or 'norm' for pvp?
    --- Post updated ---
    I have played the game for an extremely long time and have put thousands of hours into RoA alone. Its still an opinion, there is no real way of me to provide data or back up my points when I am not recording any. I know that the way the spawns were before was bad for the game and economy because the minimum gear for pvp was q4 infernal cobra for everyone. Sure, it might be good to look at other options such as adding in more spawns and distributing the loot, but like I said.. right now I don't see any issues other than Alts at spawns, Runebooks and the Enchanting system/materials. At the end of the day its all up to BPG, their track record hasn't been very hot and they are extremely heavy handed with changes so I'd much rather the game just stay how it is now than be broken as fuck again.

16. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

I think that the majority of people who are asking for more spawns are people who just want to farm in safety. There is already loads of spawns in this game that provide a good amount of resources per hour that you can sit there and farm 24/7 and probably never see any1 else.

Please do not add more spawns, it will just prevent any sort of conflict over spawns. When / if the population gets higher please add more spawns then, but until then we need conflict over spawns.

To me and probably many others there is just no reason to farm currently, we already have so much because of how the spawns were b4, the new resources are a way to fix the economy and create pvp, stop bitching about it because you want to farm in safety.

17. FirstNameLastNameRpIsCool

Just want to clarify that my comments were not directed towards the validity of your opinions or anyone else in particular, they might very well be accurate and your experience speaks toward that. Opinions and discussions are good and probably the best thing there is now, but are in general faulty when making balance changes. You'll end up in a longer trial and error cycle or afraid of making changes.

For a suggestion to be good, perspective, objectivity and foresight is also required and that varies greatly between people and stage of game, measurements at least remove perspective and objectivity from the equation and makes foresight easier. Historically speaking there has been a bit of reverts here, meaning that it might be time for a better methodology.

18. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

The next step with billboards is to create alternating monster bounties where players will go to the board see what mobs currently have a bounty and how much. They farm that mob until the bounty is gone and check for more. This would be completely random so any mob or mob family in the game could provide a bounty at some point. We discussed even having 2 to 3 tiers of mobs at a time so you would have a random low tier mob/family, random mid tier and random high tier active at a given time. That specific isn't fully decided.

We could easily add in a new currency or bounty point system of some kind and a store related just for that point system.

RoD, Fengor, JEDIMind and 1 other person like this.
  19. Volfen

Volfen Infernal
    Loyal Legend

I've gone back and forth on this subject a little. Lately I've been faming selentine golems naked on an alt and getting jumped from time to time, but not every single time. Feels about right.
    Veilron/neithal aren't used nearly as much, so 2 golems is ok IMO. This might change with the 2 new armor sets from the armor patch, though.
    There should probably be a second leenspar golem. Infernal is standard for competitive PVPers and siege bags, having 1 spawn that gets camped by alts is iffy.
    I'm fine with Q5 mats and theyril being hard to get. That's tournament/top tier siege mats. No one's ever expected to come pvp in Q5/Q6 dragon.

Spawn scaling is bad for 2 reasons:
    1. It broke the economy
    2. It means you can't cycle spawns because if you leave a spawn's radius for 2 minutes, it despawns and also resets scaling. In DFO we cycled good spawns when possible (specially on Cairn). That was better than the current meta of sitting alt tabbed in a spawn on an alt to kill 1 Ancient/Golem/whatever every 10 minutes.

Scrapnotcrap and Billy Lee like this.
  20. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

Great idea.
    Now think of if instead of a "reward" like gold or titles you gave nithron coin? Even if it gave 1 nithron people would do these for longer then a week ( as long as new stuff is added ) but people would actually have a long term goal/reason to farm. Leveling is so easy now people are at end game chars within weeks, once you have max char its just gear grind, once gear grind is over......you run around looking for pvp? This is where the normal person just logs out and only logs back in for a sieges.

Ive offered up two really good ideas to make pve amazing and worth it.
    And thats fixing enchant combined and mob points.

Enchanting is something everyone wants.
    Willing to risk farming for it.
    80% of mobs are not even killed and just take up space.
    How can we make this work?hmm?

If mats could be converted you wouldn't have 10 people at 2 q4 cinder spawns....you would have 30-40 people farming the 20 q3 spawns. People that cant compete with vets in q4- q5 bags could grind up good enchanted bags. I dont think i need to explain further how all the useless mobs would become worth it.
    Mob points i wrote a thread on but pushing the game towards this style would make it so people who are max, no need for gold, and no need for mats have something to do.
    Btw welcome back. Good.seeing ya again

#40 JEDIMind, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    quietnoobz and Fengor like this.