Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

An idea to make NPC towns not seem so dead.

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Airhead, May 6, 2017.

1. Airhead

Airhead Goblin Scout
    Hero

One of the glaring issues in this game to me is the amount of useless and empty space in the main NPC cities. If you walk into the city initially you might think wow this is huge and awesome with tons of places to explore. That quickly wears off though with a little bit of looking around. Aside from the usual NPCs that inhabit the city they are void of all life that is not other players and little creatures that scurry about. I am not new to the game and this was expected. Upon loading in for the first time at launch and sitting in coms with a friend new to the game it was only a few hours before he mentioned the empty feeling himself and I had to explain to him that most of the stuff in the cities is basically empty space.

Suggestion
    Size NPC cities down

Add buildings that can be accessed and remove one that cant be accessed

Add non aggressive mobs to cities

Mobs have reduced xp gains and drops to limit people from hugging the city for gains too much

Mobs will become aggressive to Reds when they enter city limits. This is probably not really necessary with the changes to towers and healing reds but I thought it would be cool.

P.S. Don't forget my meteor idea thread

2. CaptainKidd

CaptainKidd Goblin Scout
    Tester

Like the idea of npcs inhabiting the city that will come out and fight reds.

Baraz likes this.
  3. Veeshan

Veeshan Crypt Guard

reason there minimal is to help keep any lag down

4. Wasarion

Wasarion Goblin Warrior
    Tester

Some trash beggar alfars to haras in dwarf city would be nice. :)

5. Anthrage

Anthrage Goblin Scout

Plans exist to add life to the cities to make them seem less empty, some of which would also take advantage of the excess space - player-owned vendor booths for example. In a recent podcast one of the devs mentioned this issue is on their radar and they have some ideas for addressing it - down the line we should see some changes in this area as it is one of the things they can do which caters to the more PvE crowd, that being something on their priority list as well.