Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

An Observation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Billy Lee, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

I don't want to be negative but I have to say that I find it disappointing that so much time has been spent on revamping old game systems. Houses were removed and added later with the same functionality but a different means of acquisition. Cool stuff but it was essentially nothing truly new. Now we see the same thing with villages, trying to reinvent them instead of adding new activities. There has been nothing major added since launch, it's like a card shuffling machine that constantly deals out new hands but never has any new cards added to the deck. I no longer play the game because I felt that things are happening too slowly, but I decided to at least make this post for BPG to contemplate. I can't see myself returning because I'm far too busy these days but I definitely will not return if all that happens is revamps.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

If this were the same team that created the game I would agree, but even if an existing gaming company had taken over they wouldn't have been churning out new content this quickly as it takes time to figure out the original code base. With every change they make they are getting more and more familiar with the code. They've made huge strides, most people here are just too ignorant to realize it.
    --- Post updated ---
    The real takeaway here is it hasn't been very long.

judgedarktide and KingLlama like this.
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

You call people ignorant but the truth is that most people simply don't care, and why should they? The game has barely changed since dfo, it's all been just modifications and the little new stuff there is, such as champions, did not go very well imo. You can't expect people to be loyal for long when nothing major gets done, this is a very old game now, people want new stuff to do, not just re-experience dfo with better balance.

4. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

Ignorance means lack of knowledge or information. Which is true. The people complaining that it's taking too long have no clue how long it should take. They should care, because their shitty uninformed attitudes paint an ugly picture where it's completely unwarranted. It's barely changed since DFO because it's barely been worked on since DFO. You act as if it's been in continuous development for the last 4 years. Get a clue.

5. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

OP has a good point. There's still a shocking lack of fun things to do when you log in. The village changes are not going to add anything new to do.

kingp43 and Billy Lee like this.
  6. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

My point still stands, your expectations are completely unrealistic.

7. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

Your point has nothing to do with mine. I agree that adding features to the game takes time and we should be patient. The problem is that they are wasting time fixing things that aren't broken, CHANGING things that are already in the game, when they should be ADDING new things to do. I have a whole thread on this very point.

Billy Lee likes this.
  8. Airenn

Airenn Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Realistic or not , regardless of their financial or organizational constraints, as it is i agree game isnt fun.

Its a consumers market if it isnt fun its not worth playing.

Pimptight and Billy Lee like this.
  9. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

What you think is realistic is relevant only to you. Nobody is going to hang around playing a game they don't enjoy just because of realism. The fact is that the majority of the player base left because the game is in shambles, there is barely anything to do and people have been begging for new activities all throughout beta until now. Why the hell would they stick around because good things are supposedly coming? You know what happens in darkfall games when you put faith in the company and wait for patches? You burn time and eventually get frustrated and quit, if you hang in then guess what? The game gets shut down. History is repeating itself so far, this game has zero momentum.

kingp43 likes this.
  10. ThiefGarrett

Contributor

Whether their changes are a waste of time or not is an opinion, one we do not share. While changing things in game they LEARN HOW to add new things. Like I said, clueless people raging over things they don't understand.
    --- Post updated ---
    You knew coming in that you played the shit out of this game and burned through all of the content over the years. You should know that adding new content would take time, yet here you are...

11. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

How much learning they really doing? they cant even get small patchs like todays done without a huge bug list EVEN THOUGH SOME OF THE BUGS WERE REPORTED on PTS.

The game has been in alpha/beta and now live for over a year and they have not putt in a single new system other than champions THAT YOU CANT EVEN TURN THE LOOT IN YET.

kingp43 likes this.
  12. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

Huggies tied for best QA with Esprit

Slayven likes this.
  13. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster

@ThiefGarrett You are overly optimistic. As Grimtide said, the game has been out for about a year since the start of beta, there has been nothing major put into the game. They haven't truly made a new monster, dungeon, rare item, or anything of note. They thought that putting treasure on champions that was literally useless was a good idea for launch, and can these be opened yet several months later? That is pure insanity.

Darkfall has a long history of fooling loyal players into waiting for patches, meanwhile most people pack up and leave. What's the population like now? I'm guessing it's quite poor and do you think that's a coincidence? The game pretty much sucks, no build diversity, poor balance, dwarves are so bad that even Battle Saints had to disband and greatclubs are still complete shit even though BPG stated that they weren't quite right months ago. How hard can it possibly be to fix the damn weapon, it's the bastard weapon of darkfall and always has been.

Bottom line: If the game was worth playing you wouldn't need to debate realism, people would simply flock to the game. The reality is that the game is not worth playing and the majority of the player base is hoping for amazing patches but those will not come before the game is dead. Every single patch is riddled with bugs, nothing works, how do you expect this game to ever be in a good place?

kingp43 likes this.
  14. Harley Franklin

Legend

Then they should of kept it in beta! Like we all said!! They game was far from ready and we told them. But some idiots where laughing at us saying we where negative and didnt belong here. Get away from here they said we dont need you here!

Look at where the game is at now! Further down the drain it ever been. It feels like beta still and worst. Dont be suprised they do a full wipe soon and restart the whole game.
    --- Post updated ---

Worst thing is, learning is for beta!!! Not fuckin live!!!

So many people pissed and just left without a comment in disbelieve

15. Owyn Magnus

Owyn Magnus Varangian Warthane

W
    While I am overall supportive of RoA...I was very surprised they launched without a housing system in, and some things still unfinished like Champion Spawn loot.

We, as a clan, did 3 champion spawns and had a fun time doing them...especially the vampire guy in human lands. As is usual with any darkfall iteration the rewards were not worth the effort at all and as far as I know the mysterious chest still cannot be opened.

I wonder if it is possible to have meaningful PVE loot in a full loot pvp game with crafting? It seems like every change they make to help the crafters actually be a thing fucks over PVE, which takes away a big part of the overall game.

IMO, and this will REALLY HURT THEM, but once they get the champion spawn loot worked out, villages, territory control, balance the PVE and make the other changes they are talking about....they need to do a full wipe.

Edit: Also, put portal chambers back in the cities and make the mines as valuable as they once were. These changes KILLED any political machinations in the game and made sieging worthless.

Even in the dark days of DFO sieging up a portal network and access to mines was worthwhile.

kingp43 and Harley Franklin like this.
  16. LegionXIX

LegionXIX Dire Zombie

Does any one remember BPG original plan ( keep the game that we all used to love the same ) ?? every one was like ya keep it the same that's what we want fuck new dawn cause they are changing to much and now here we are 4 months later saying why has nothing changed this game is dead everything is the same....

MikeJT, Mycke, Slayven and 1 other person like this.
  17. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Same black dragon from the mercs? The guy that lived in chicago suburbs??

18. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

exactly how i feel and why i stop playing after the pivot roadmap

i feel like nothing is clear nothing is done correctly

kingp43 likes this.
  19. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

That's the problem New Dawn will have to overcome. They will have the same issues as RoA. They also have nothing new to do. The only difference will be no fast travel at all (not even bindstone_recall) and local banking. Same game different method of sameness.

20. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

So you are commenting on a game that you no longer play LOL? IN hopes that you save other people who are playhing from your own frustrations? This makes total sense. Lying ass you play dont fucking lie.