Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Animals

Discussion in 'Game Design Discussion' started by Vic, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

Firstly I would like to say this is certainly not a priority but I just wanted to share my opinion and get everyone's thoughts.

For those who don't know roaming animals did not exist at the start of dfo (deers, rabbits ects) with their introduction I decided to see their worth - stealthily hunted a few (although this was unnecessary - you could literally sprint up to them with your sword out and slice them to pieces). I killed and a skinned a few and said what a worthless piece of crap and the only time I ever killed them after that was to get my surges in place while running somewhere.

Do the devs have any plans to rework these useless pixels in the future?

Do you guys have any suggestions as to how they could be improved upon?

One thing in my mind is making them into a herd. Let say you come across a herd of deer, each herd will have a leader with the biggest cock er I mean horns - your job is to kill him and skin him for a prize (trophy of some sorts) that could be used for something (what I don't know) maybe this could be the only way of getting animal house decorations - you must fund the best buck then get a skilled craftsman to make it into a wall trophy for you with higher level meaning you can trophy the better animals. All the trophies could be different sizes depending on how lucky you got with the leader so there is always room for improvement and competition.
    Now when you approach said herd, if you get close enough or violent all the animals in that herd will protect their leader at all costs. Could be fun imo.

Looking forward to your replies.

Action_Jackson likes this.
  2. mcdoogs

mcdoogs Chosen of Khamset

Honestly, if the animals affect the server or client performance (especially during sieges) even 1% I think they are meaningless fluff that should be axed, at least until they can be optimized better.

PENETRATOR likes this.
  3. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

I do agree with that, I hope you can see that I implied that to me they currently worthless so that's why I would like them reworked. However yes if by removing them we get better performance I would certainly agree to that, I played fine without them.

4. Eletas Whitevale

Eletas Whitevale Undead Dwarf
    Legend

I think they are kinda useless.

When I first started playing again after I quit a while, I found out they implemented them. I think I was in Alfar lands and a little shiny beetle thing was skittering around and I got really excited because I thought it was a rare thing. I chased it all around trying to kill it but it kept eluding me lol. I eventually killed it and it literally dropped nothing and I was sorta disappointed :/

But it got me thinking; it would be cool if they took out all the current animals and just added some very rare critters that roam around Agon, are very quick and immune to magic, and will drop valuable stuff upon death. Sort of like a running chaos chest type of thing :p I dunno, I think it would be fun

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

Super fast leprechaun that can lead you to his pot of gold........

Eletas Whitevale likes this.
  6. Synna

Synna Black Knight
    Loyal Patron Legend

they dropped q1 cinder, they were amazing

7. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

i used them to level skills on in town. wasnt bad for skill gains at the time. but they did seem to lag up the server when they were implemented.

8. Otis

Otis Goblin Shaman

birds for feathers for arrows would be a nice added grind

9. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

Only if there is a giant bird that can pick up dwarfs so that we can watch their little legs dangle in mid air.

EDIT: On a serious note good idea.