Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Another clan bank bites the dust

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Madmatt, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

This happens in every game. If you are dumb enough to fall for these scams and then cry about getting scammed for giving someone access to your bank then you should probably be playing a soft core game like WoW. If he did an EXPLOIT to steal your bank, then I would say ban him. Just my opinion.
    --- Post updated ---
    Don't blame a low pop on scammers. The low pop is due mostly to the server lag. I personally wouldn't quit if my clan bank was jacked. I would probably quit he game if MY bank was jacked tho. Not my clan bank.

TryHard and Circa like this.
  2. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

I'm saying with a low pop. You have to sheppard the community more... just my opinion.

So I ask.. where is there a warning about this by BPG? Do they think it's a valuable lesson or they just don't have good noobie guide/in-game tips..

And this is happening because people are not used to being careful cause they have known the same people in their clan for ever.. and maybe 1 in 10 players are new.. so yes pop. Has an effect on that..

3. Orworth

Orworth Goblin Warrior

Also the guy doing it has done his research the person he says he is knows a lot about them to the point you think it's them

4. SashaG

SashaG Dire Zombie
    Supporter

That Hakthor Storgate kid got our recruit bank today, lol. He claimed to be a members alt and asked to be promoted. I told him to log into discord to confirm he was that member. He never replied and logged off shortly after stealing all the r0 weapons in the recruit bank.

5. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

damn you guys are catching on.

now people are gonna have to actually pretend to be friends and wait a bit to get promoted

6. Hate

Hate Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

I say keep it as is. The game is about danger and establishing trust in clan mates is actually a good part off the game.

Game needs villains and after a while they tend to get delt with.

Mea Kulpa likes this.
  7. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

Instead of holding everyone's hand, why not add a pop-up warning when promoting someone into a new bank level?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  8. Stoned

Stoned Goblin Warrior
    Tester

lolz
    ------------------
    Bank jacking isn 't new to DF.. This is why they added so many levels in CBs.

#48 Stoned, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Circa likes this.
  9. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Happened to Justice two days in a row. Same person I'm sure.

Just make sure you ask people to confirm their identity through forums, discord or comms.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sique, Mea Kulpa and Circa like this.
  10. Salival

Salival Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Nah...if an SG gives bank access without actually talking the the player in question via comms...then they deserve it.

Never once tried to steal a clan bank...but also never been in a clan where its been stolen.

11. vehementi

vehementi Goblin Warlord

They added it because it was needed for general access reasons, not because BPG wanted to build a game around bank jacking lol

you fucking people

12. bLankszor

bLankszor Ghost
    Hero

Great idea, lets perma ban peoples accounts in accordance of what a couple random people say may or might have happened. Make's complete sense to me.............................................

Not condoning bank jacking but it has been a part of Darkfall for, well, forever... don't blame everyone else for your naive actions. How about don't promote people until they've proven themselves? Do your due diligence and confirm before taking some random persons word... wait a second... see what I did there?
    --- Post updated ---
    The warning is clearly laid out...

IN THE THREE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF THE CLAN BANK YOU TATER TOT!

Circa and Rocky like this.
  13. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

This isn't 1998 where the only game in town is UO and getting scammed is a part of life

This is [current year]

There are thousands of options.

You just don't allow people to bank jack or scam or anything like that. It gets enforced a few times with a ban, items get restored, and like magic it ceases to be a problem in the community.

The absolute #1 most important thing BPG can do is get new blood playing this game. Whatever it takes - better newbie protection, blowjobs , whatever - allowing bank jacking is 100% counterproductive to that goal

14. mybsurchin

mybsurchin Celestial

I heard Jonah is down for the blowjob committee

15. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

TBH i think new players are quitting before they even build up a big clan bank. Should clan spying be bannable too? A guy joins a clan on his alt, works his way up the ranks, and then jacks all their shit when he gets bank access. I dont think it should but thats just me...

Circa likes this.
  16. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

obvious troll is obvious ;)
    --- Post updated ---
    i take it you are one of the guys that gave the dbag access to your clan bank?

lol this isnt wow, next think youre gonna complain about is full loot.

idiot

17. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Twisted if u ask me

18. merkmerk73

merkmerk73 Earth Elemental

I'm not stupid so I've never had anything like this happen to me, but I'm also not a dipshit so I realize that it's bad for business.

You're either a troll or just really, really stupid.

In case it's the latter...sorry, all gods creatures are special.

19. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

you're just really really soft. go play wow, it fits what you got in your pants.

20. Vermi

Vermi Goblin Scout

Agreed. Mandatory to be in coms to confirm identity before getting privileges. No coms, no promotion, no exceptions. I mean this trick has been around FOREVER, way before DFO even. If you're not requiring someone to be in coms before giving access to clan bank, you're doing it wrong. And if your top leaders aren't holding the most valuable shit in banks exclusive to them, you're also doing it wrong.

It does seem like a fairly easy thing to add a popup when changing ranks "Are you sure you have verified this person's identity and want to give them access to your clanbank?" But BPG still hasn't fixed ping/desync so I'd say they have other priorities atm.

But banning people for doing this is IMHO, completely uncalled for. It's not cheating, it's just preying on people's trusting nature. It's a dick move sure, but it's not cheating and it's been a part of Darkfall since day 1. Darkfall, UO, you name it. All the best games have had the ability to be scammed. Isn't that why we play a hardcore, full loot game? Risk? I remember in UO when I finally got a black dye tub. A guy convinced me to trade it for a "pure white" dye tub, which was nothing more than a an undyed dye tub you could buy from the vendor for 20 gold. LOL. A black dye tub was like 100k at the time, so it sucked, but I didn't cry about it. I kinda laughed at my own stupidity and how I so easily fell for something so simple.

Sique and Circa like this.