Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Another reason why a new player would likely quit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilrath81, May 22, 2017.

1. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Fist off trying to swap weapons and heal. My favorite "The inventory operation failed." over and over and over again. http://prntscr.com/fasw4c This happened in large chunks while trying to heal and or switch from 2h to bow. THEN there is shit like this: http://prntscr.com/faswlf from a magic spell.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. jakobmillah

jakobmillah Earth Elemental

you think 60 is bad from a spell? ever been hit will melee in the back? ;)

3. HighTimes

HighTimes Gravelord
    Legend

why the dramatic thread title? you can address problems without being so whiny. get a hold of yourself woman

4. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

It is bad when its 1/4 of a new players health in one instant cast ray. As a destroyer with the attacker in Robes i hit him in the back with Melee and got him for 42.6

5. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

Well in other games a brand new player would get hit for 500k dmg and only have like 80 hp. So... :p

Uncle Jo and Fengor like this.
  6. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Hmm. Tired of seeing negative and clickbaity titles about the end of the world when in game the population is BOOMING and shit is so fun.

Oresmacker, Kalos and Fengor like this.
  7. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Lets wait until tuesday to make comments in regards to delay, as the server is very bad for some, regardless of how high or low your ping is. Day 1 and 2 i had a crisp 36-38 ping no delay, no inventory locks, everything felt amazing. Every time after that it went up to 55, now mostly its around 44. It feels like im playing at 200+ ping, every other swing/cast is a ghost swing/cast and every normal spell has delayed dmg; this is no exaggeration. Ive also noticed a lot of my bolt spells will act as if they are a ray sometimes, on release the bolt will just instantly hit the target.

8. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

When you get in a fight and are frustrated some dude is jumping you and you try to fight back but your buttons dont do anything except throw inventory lock errors, youre going to get frustrated more and quit. I dont understand how we can have these issues when the server hardware is like 4 generations newer and faster than it ever was in DFO days. This is one of the first things i would of fixed. I am a part time game developer myself, and yes im PAID for this job im not a volunteer or some dude working on my own shit that wont go anywhere, and i would never let stuff like this fly. Perhaps the difference is we have the server hardware lined up to do 50 times the numbers we expect. i hope tuesday solves a lot of the problems, i guess we will have to wait and see.

9. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

Sending you an eHug

Fengor likes this.
  10. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

And why should a "new player" stand a chance against an already existing knowledgable player? If we keep going for these types of changes, there will be no reason to even play the game as a new character will be so beefy.

New players need to learn that the skills you can get your character are pivitol. I realize you have good intentions and want to help retain newer players, however we don't want to make brand new players so strong they can compete with days old or even week old characters.

Varekai likes this.
  11. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

[​IMG]

12. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Reading a thread made by you outa do it.

MerleisAirdburne and Teclis like this.
  13. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

Any mmo or pvp game is set up this way. Like every game it takes time developing your character and learning how to use your developed character.

14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

when you get jumped at a noob spawn and someone 4 hits you, you feel hopeless and quit. This wouldnt be as big of an issue i dont think if people didnt gank in noobie areas. i got caught out where i deserved the fight i got and likely would of lost even if my inventory didnt end up locked. However i see reports of Reds ganking the crap out of new players outside npc cities. Take 60+ damage a shot to them before they can get 3 hits on the attacker and you have a recipe for a dwindling population.

My biggest issue is the inventory locking. I shouldnt have to look more retarded than i already am running around trying to pull out my staff to heal just to simply look like im squirreling around cause im panicked and dont know what to do lol. Run in circles around a tree while being chased trying to heal just looking like all i know how to do is run around a tree. Its frustrating to the point you want to throw your mouse when you hit the button 10 times and you still have your melee weapon out with a bunch of inventory errors. In this time you take a couple back shots that you wouldnt of took because the game not doing what its supposed to do totally threw your focus out the window.

15. Varekai

Varekai Celestial

you said this already. eHug

16. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

plays hardcore pvp game, gets killed makes post about it

Fengor, Oresmacker and Scrubby Bear like this.
  17. Wendigo

Wendigo Dire Zombie

Yeah the negativity is disheartening for those of us who just got here, but also "Things are looking good today, so they're clearly fine and will be fine next month" is a bit silly.

18. Teclis

Teclis Undead Dwarf
    Supporter

everyone knows about what problems exist, but you stil get people come here and shitpost acting like they are the first to bring it up, he says hes a game developer but then does shit like this?

Fengor likes this.
  19. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Fire Elemental
    Legend

Man I play from the UK and have spent most of my time on the NA server in previous iterations of DF too and I have never had paperdoll lock of any kind, ever.

Its strange how some players get slammed so hard with these issues and others dont.

Fengor likes this.
  20. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

As a game developer i not only would expect this from my players but would never of released my project in this state. They clearly said the game isnt good enough to be launched on steam for at least 6 months. Yet here we are with a full launch with a product that isnt good enough for steam in their own words.