Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Any old Darkfall Resources still running?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KeithStone, Nov 20, 2015.

1. KeithStone

KeithStone Deadeye
    Supporter

2. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

Enchanting was a mystery for such a long time, there is literally 0 hints in the game about it.
    The only way to find a recipe was to disenchant an mob/chest dropped item (possibly multiple times)...and then try out the 3 catalyst (ichor/numen/??? i actually forgot)

So in the end they got stolen out of the database if i recall correctly, it would have been more fun if there had been hints spread out in the game to figure them out...Another missed opportunity for AV to create exploration in the game.
    Granted, eventually all the enchantments would have been made known anyway....

3. Ogrinn

Ogrinn Deadeye
    Legend

That would be sick if there were lore friendly scrolls and books spread out around the world, you could either figure out the recipe from brute force or go exploring.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

5. yewhatever

yewhatever Stormgraive

It would be awesome if recipies would change over time.
    Somebody suggested keeping track of stocks of items, which in turn could be used to influence what recipies create what enchants.
    (obviously a timer needs to be set on things).

That way you can have a rotation in enchant materials required, which would shift the area's that are most desirable to farm in.
    A lot more difficult i know, but it would allow for more consistant exploring to be done. Else its just a 1 time thing.
    Say the period of time is a month, during this time you can already explore for the new recipies to be used the next month.
    And the combination for enchanting could either be random, or influenced by the stacks everybody has.

6. KingLlama

KingLlama Infernal
    Supporter Lifetime

This brings back so many memories!

7. Heldana

Heldana Windlord
    Legend

thats actually an awesome idea to bring content into the game, which is not directly combat-related 8it is, cause people will fight over spawns if its worht it), but i am happy if they just bring it up without to many fnight-changes i nthe first run.
    DF is an awesome game and i would even play it as a solo game cause of its mechanics.
    But later on content will keep people, who dont think like that on track :)