Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Anyone tried a QPAD 8k or 5k mouse? Question about it regarding darkfall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Battle Smurf, May 26, 2016.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Hey guys so I was looking at new mice specifically designed for palm grip with ring/pinky rests and was first led to the Mionix Naos unfortunately I like to bind my mouse thumb buttons to alt/control for Darkfall that way I can more easily assign each key multiple times for exampls "1" is virtuous wrath 1+ front thumb button (which I assign in mouse software to control) is whiches brew 1+back thumb button (assigned to alt in software) is magma and 1+ BOTH thumb buttons I want to assign to a debuff

The problem with the Mionix Naos is it won't register BOTH thumb buttons if you hold them at the same time. I contacted their support and they said "we know its an issue with our software don't buy it if you need that" so I can't bind things the way I used to be able to with my Microsoft sidewinder (broke and is no longer made) nor my logitech g502 (too small no pinky/ring rest)

Therefor I searched and found the QPAD 8k which has the same shape and sensor as the NAOS. I contacted their support last week and never heard back so I decided to ask the Darkfall community if any of you have one of their mice and if it has the same problem

Easiest way to test this is just go into the mouse software bind one thumb button to alt and the other to tab, then hold them both and if it minimizes your browser or window then that means both commands are being sent and there shouldn't be an issue. If you wanted to be really thorough you could bind them to alt/control in qpad software then open up a game go to keybindings and assign something to alt+control by pressing them on your keyboard save it then hold both mouse thumb buttons and see if it does the assigned action.

Much appreciation to anyone who can test this for me ill owe ya one since unlike most mice I can't just buy the QPAD mice off Amazon and send them back if they don't work out. They are only sold on QPADs site and their return policy is crap.

I really don't understand why anyone would design mice that only let one thumb button at a time register but apparently some are like that and I don't wanna get stuck with another one

Also interested in other mice suggestions. Must have pinky or at least ring finger rest or designed so that they don't drag on mousepad when palm gripping, good sensor, designed for medium to large palm grip.

Thanks guys

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

There's this magical place where people like to post video reviews about all kinds of things. Usually when I want to see something in action I'll go there and someone somewhere usually has a video review. Perhaps in this wonderful land of videos you can find the information you seek!

3. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

And you think I haven't already spent lots of time googling and watching every youtube review video relating to the qpad 8k optical and asked this exact question?

This is not a common product. This is not a common question. There are only 3 reviews on youtube all done 1-2 years ago with no response from the uploaders to questions since 8 months ago.

It's not listed on major sites like Amazon or newegg so I can't ask there

I contacted the company direct and got no response.

So I figured i'd ask here along with some other places to see if anyone has one and can check because usually Darkfallers tell it to you straight (for example someone in this community saved me $ by warning me about the Mionix mice issue). Not always the case when it comes to youtube video reviews especially on things like mice. Usually its like "yo these dudes gave me a free mouse right, its got awesome lights, its comfortable, and its got 12,000 dpi that means its better than other mice you should buy it and use my promo code"

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  4. Marvin

Marvin Crypt Guard

The beginning of your post sounded like a Toysrus advert.

5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

When I discover a lack of reviews, I usually avoid the product unless I can get some hands on time of my own.