Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Archery Specialization

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Money Mike, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Don't forget about heavy hybrids they're cool too!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Oresmacker likes this.
  2. Kthanks24

Kthanks24 Goblin Warrior

Exactly why I stopped Playing mage is lame, I prefer Melee/bow in ANY game so why play magefall when New Dawn will give you that more balanced feel

3. PowerNico

PowerNico Goblin Scout
    Tester

i kind of agree somehow... been destroyer since lunch and now that mage have enough spell's and are wearing r50+ weapon like me now i feel that destroyer is way too hard to play because of the cost of every death and its hard to hit with less spell option & buff. One vs one , a good mage never get into mele range with a staff out... so destroyer = useless. Archery buff at 20%dmg is probably not enough or what i would like is a perma buff dmg for destroyer & mage killer not only when ennemy get a staff out... otherwise buffed stoneskin mage with some fp or infernal filler's (with encumbrance enchant) are stronger in mele because of their buff... and i wont talk about ironskin either...

So last night i reroller mage to be appart of magefall, loved destroyer but its hard to play and cost way to much for me while im trying to be better at pvp... Mage cost a lot less in gear and a lot easyer to play, instant spell in the ass? outch its op.

anyway i love to play mage but i feel there something to do with other game style with a bit of balance and that will not buff mage more again!!
    --- Post updated ---
    im not sure about the special spell for archery... i dont want to live UW again, that game was garbage to me.

Kthanks24 likes this.
  4. billysunday

billysunday Skeleton Archer
    Legend

without a skill cap you can add as many new archery skills as you want, hybrids will still knock you up blind you and then kill you with those new archery skills then you will be back with new (old) complaints.. but hey at least archery will be less boring

Oresmacker likes this.
  5. Kthanks24

Kthanks24 Goblin Warrior

Or just nerf mage, limit the amount of schools you can have active at once /fix

6. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Hitting a Mage in the face for 60 damage is unbalanced? Ffs destro is super strong right now... Two words: MANA SHIELD.
    No

7. Money Mike

Money Mike Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Hey! Since you're so smart, what happens when you go destro? Doesn't it lock out certain mage schools? OHHHHH, wouldn't be the case for archery specialization... GOTCHA.

8. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Just put back in the original ruleset. When DF was first released prior to NA launch; you could not have opposite spell archetypes. For example, if you had a fire magic you could not have water magic, if you had Arcane magic you could not have necro Magic.

9. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Why is this thread about nerfing mages?

10. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Looks like they don't know what they want. What they should want tho is practice and improve, but that's too hard.

PowerNico and Oresmacker like this.
  11. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

I want to say that too. I'm starting to wonder though. How many people play these games to roleplay rather than play it how it was originally designed.

Maybe specs are what people need so that they can pretend to be legolas.

Sique and PowerNico like this.
  12. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Original design was a character only having half of the spells they do currently. So presently no one is playing the original design unless you rp and force it upon yourself. I actually prefer the original design and felt it reinforced teamwork and strategic decisions. As for the previous practice comment, I agree 100 percent that the more you practice DF combat the more fluid/capable you become.

Shredz likes this.
  13. Shredz

Shredz Dire Zombie

I agree with this, I would of loved the old design

14. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

Let's make the combat more tactical.

breakqop and Oresmacker like this.
  15. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I enjoy shooting arrows at people and watching the arrow go right through their body without registering a hit. Its my favorite thing that this game doesnt reward accuracy, it rewards calculating roughly the difference in ping between you and your opponent so that you can hit the invisible blood bag on either side of the other player.

Money Mike likes this.
  16. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

You are contradicting yourself. If it doesn't reward accuracy, then how exactly are you gonna hit the invisible blood bag that you just calculated the position of?

17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

the only thing i liked about UW when i played the first 3 weeks and then quit... lol, was the specialization system. I liked that Archers came with archery benefits and gear, Mages had their own buffs and debuffs, Warriors did the warriors stuffs. I know people want a classless unhindered darkfall experience but i think a lot of balance could be solved with specs. If your a mage you get spell magnitude and mana bonuses with melee and archery masteries locked out, if your destro you get flat melee bonuses with no elemental schools, if your archer you get archery bonus and stam bonus. Then lock the armor types to the specs. So mages will always be glass cannon must stay ranged, Archer the same but with arrows and destro must get in close to be effective. I loved the whole see a mage or archer coming and run behind a rock and force them to come to you then play the back and forth game of forcing melee and ranged.

hell even putting benefits and penalties on armor would be great and skip the spec system. If your in robes (add more robes and make them have the seperate pices) you get magic magnitude and cast time buffs, if your in padded to studded you get archery damage and speed bonuses. if your in heavy armor you get Melee and HP bonuses that can go over cap at the expense of mana and archery/magic magnitude and speed. People could still mix and match. A Plate chest may negatively effect your archery and magic so you wear bone. The other pieces add melee so you sacrifice some magic/archery for a bit more damage. So say in the instance of destro. you would wear a pull set that would differ in protections as it does now. a chest could add 5% melee damage increase, 5HP increase, and a bunch of encumbrance. Then the pants half that, ouyer peices 1%. so i could get something like 15-20% melee damage increase and the same with HP while losing mana and spell magnitude without locking anything out.
    --- Post updated ---
    accuracy in respect to hitting a player not some imaginary point you think the player might be.

18. PowerNico

PowerNico Goblin Scout
    Tester

its magefall stop crying and go mage everyone!!! its meant to be that way !!

Battle Smurf likes this.
  19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

THERE IS NO GOD DAMN CLASSES IN DARKFALL.

YOU PLAY THE GAME YOU WANT TO.

YOU WANT TO BE A FIREBALL CASTING MAGE? BE A FIREBALL CASTING MAGE.
    YOU WANT TO BE A SUPPORT MAGE? BE A SUPPORT MAGE.
    YOU WANT TO BE AN ARCHER. BE AN ARCHER.
    YOU WANT TO BE A MELEE PUSHER. BE A MELEE PUSHER.

THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT. THIS IS WHAT YOU SOUND LIKE:

I WANT TO BE AN ARCHER THAT CASTS MAGICAL ARCHER ABILITIES THAT PEW PEWS.

SO.... AN ARCHER - MAGE

GUESS WHAT. YOU CAN ALREADY DO THAT.

WHY THE HELL WOULD WE REHASH THE SAME ABILITIES AND MESS UP AN ALMOST PERFECTLY BALANCED GAME BECAUSE YOU WANT TO FRIKEN ROLEPLAY AN ARCHER MAGE THAT GOES PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW.

YOU PEOPLE CANNOT BE REAL. THERE CANNOT ACTUALLY BE THIS LEVEL OF STUPIDITY IN THE WORLD.

20. Money Mike

Money Mike Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

LOL... settle down you 18 hour a day playing ugly nerd. Your life is sad fr.

No one is asking for classes, just an archery specialization because: there is a melee specialization and a mage specialization.

Thanks for the worthless keys though, clown.