Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Are you going to stop the ability to farm new character re-rolls?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nightmare UDL, May 8, 2017.

1. Nightmare UDL

Nightmare UDL Celestial
    Legend

People are making characters, doing the tasks, making the crazy gold and books and regs - dumping in the clan bank and then deleting the character and then starting all over. 3X a day. What say you?????

Still want my fucking 2 shards....

Sero and LordCaligular like this.
  2. RobTheAxe

RobTheAxe Goblin Warlord

Definitely a concern, another good fix would be to increase gold drops on mid-hard enemies

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Nef

Nef Ghost

Couldn't this be fixed by requiring a character to be 7 days old before it's deletable.

4. RobTheAxe

RobTheAxe Goblin Warlord

That's a bit harsh. Maybe someone wants to try a new race and they have to wait 7 days?

Rimamok likes this.
  5. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Allow gold gained from tasks to be non transferable.

Blaze, Lexendros, Lucan and 1 other person like this.
  6. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

They should just make it so that tasks are bound to an account, and once done once, they cannot be done again.

edit: I am by no means a programmer and I don't mean to think anything, even "small" changes are easily implemented, especially with the ancient code DF is probably using.

JasonDark, Uncle Jo, Lucan and 4 others like this.
  7. Wing_Zero

Wing_Zero Goblin Shaman

This.

Lucan likes this.
  8. Soulfoam

Soulfoam New Member
    Supporter

This is 100% a problem. The grind is so fast now they won't even be behind at all from deleting over and over. I'm sure lots of people doing this have an alt account they are doing it with though. It's game abuse for sure. Almost should be bannable IMO. They definitely need to fix it.

Edit: Dude who said bind tasks to an account is a literal perfect solution IMO.

JasonDark and LordCaligular like this.
  9. Baraz

Baraz Skeleton Archer

Since Meditation is worth a lot of Gold, that could be a radical way of avoiding damned exploitation (how a minority can fuck up a good system).

On the other hand, accounts cost real money, so the account limitation suggested by Navlaan is good too. Your new characters would get less stuff (like Meditation points and small gear).

10. Nef

Nef Ghost

I would like to think most people figured out their Race haven't they? Thought BPG did a lot of work to diminish the racial differences? Additionally Hasn't like every single MMO had a character deletion timer?

11. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

We have increased the character creation day from 24 hours to 7 days to prevent the abuse of this system.

Lexendros, JasonDark, Swing and 10 others like this.
  12. RobTheAxe

RobTheAxe Goblin Warlord

it's not that bad - it's a few thousand gold, for quite a bit of time

In b4 I'm a noob who didn't like how my race looks and I saw a cool wolf and tried to reroll

Baraz likes this.
  13. Baraz

Baraz Skeleton Archer

The update reads :
    Just an update we recently did in a maintenance - We have increased the time for character creation from 24 hours to 7 days to prevent abuse of the task system. Each account will be able to create 3 characters, after that they must wait 7 days. Please keep this in mind before creating multiple characters.

14. Nef

Nef Ghost

Can you have 3 characters at the same time? lol or original DFO one and done.

15. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Limit of 1 character per account, can be remade 2 times for a total of 3 characters. After that it is a 7 day wait before you can delete and remake again.

JasonDark and Fengor like this.
  16. Nef

Nef Ghost

Nice a perfect balance to prevent exploitation and still allow people to change their minds.

Kalos likes this.
  17. QuasiDoc

QuasiDoc Goblin Warrior

This!

First let me say i am enjoying the game. However, i am new to DF and didn't get a chance to play beta because, well, i didnt know about DF. Not all of us are here to exploit and in my case, i just wanted to explore the different races and their home locations. My first character was a Alfar - Their home land sucks! So with that and the desire to explore the different races, i made a human. I enjoyed the human and its location, but again, i was curious to see what all the races felt like. So finally i made a dwarf - Great for melee crafting, but Ymir's tear is a horrible capitol and frankly the dwarf isnt much good for anything else, imo.

So after all that, i am stuck with a character i do not enjoy and in lands i do not enjoy. But because you guys (devs) cannot come up with a reasonable way of blocking exploiters, i have to pay the price by waiting 4 days to try yet another race. Well, im certainly not going to continue to play a toon i have no interest in, and no progression on a toon for 4 days puts me way behind, so why return at all? While its not your fault i cannot make a choice in races, it certianly should not be a punishment for wanting to experience more than just three races!

So, wait 4 days and try to play catch-up, or move on and make another attempt with New Dawn (once released) ... I'll sleep on it and let you know in the morning.

Maejohl and Drago like this.
  18. Wizzy

Wizzy Crypt Guard
    Contributor

4 days is hardly enough time to set you off track from catching up. Use the time to explore the different areas as you said you wanted to do anyways.

Fengor likes this.
  19. QuasiDoc

QuasiDoc Goblin Warrior

That's not entirely the point.

20. Myspace

Myspace Skeleton Archer

I just can't find a whole lot of sympathy for this situation. Most games would put a 24 hour timer on character deletion or something similar. It seems unreasonable to me to expect you could keep re-making characters indefinitely.

4 days isn't a lot of time and you can still make progress on that character and store your stuff in the clan bank and then remake your character and get it back. So it's not like you can't play the game if you want either.

I can see why it'd be frustrating but you can't act blameless here either. You have alternatives.

Fengor likes this.