Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Arena - The RoA Route to Success.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pink Taco, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Would you like to see this system in ROA?

1. Yes

68.1%
  2. No

31.9%
  1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Then you know there's levels to it...

If she just starfishin the whole time that's about as exciting as PvPing vs kids in robe/blackbolts

Too many of these simps just happy to get anything at all these days though

Like EXCUSE ME for having some fuckin standards and trying to change the game to meet them

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Korag and Oresmacker like this.
  2. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Glad to see some people are waking up to the fact that this game is in dire need of tiered pvp that separates the different skill levels of players, and supplies pvp that is not so punishing in order to build up an actual population. Sucks some of you are so stuck on the old Darkfall that has died 4x over now.... for some reason? My favorite game ever, and I don't even play it... for some reason? Some of you suggesting to keep it dead... don't and have not played in a very long time... for some reason?

For those of you that are woke, keep it up, and maybe the priority of adding this very streamable content to the game will be pushed to the front of the list :)

Circa, Sameog, Oresmacker and 5 others like this.
  3. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I bumped this bitch

Pink Taco likes this.
  4. YaBootyIsFruity

YaBootyIsFruity Gravelord
    Legend

Pink Taco is right though the main thing that kills DF is that you have the strong always preying on the week and the bottom tier slowly stop playing. I think if these territory control patches go well and they implement some changes to stop people griefing new players then they could pump new blood into the game with advertising. Then at a healthy pop stage they should definitely look at an Arena. At this stage though its pointless and everyone hoping that this game is going to ever reach a decent population without some sort of push / advertising once some good changes have been made is dreaming.

WithoutShame likes this.
  5. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Aye I noted my fellow grim, I noted. Always doing your 2 cents to keep this game alive <3 I'll be back and streaming ole Darkfall when this thread goes live.
    --- Post updated ---
    The arena being streamed on twitch would be the best advertising they could ever do for this game. 100.

6. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

Bgp, make the arenas. With and without full loot.

A moba inside a empty mmo can work.

I will try for sure.

7. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Legend Streamer

if they make arena there will be no open world and kill the mmo side. Arena is a terrible idea on a mmo like this but hey dont take my word for it do it and ill come back and say I told you so ;)

Thrill Kill and Korag like this.
  8. Valentina

Valentina New Member

This
    --- Post updated ---
    Farm tickets through the MMO to enter the arena = win / win Tickets expire after a few days so you cant stockpile

Pink Taco likes this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

YES I get to go farm for tickets everyday so I can q up and wait to arena. Brilliant fucking idea.....lol

10. Valentina

Valentina New Member

Farm tickets through the MMO to enter the arena = win / win Tickets ex
    Or buy them from the AH it will keep the world and the arena populated... Got to give something to get something

Pink Taco likes this.
  11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

No that makes no sense you do not have to force an arena in an MMO, specially one with open world pvp and full loot.
    On the market?? seriously so a person can buy tickets with gold and never ever have to go out in the open world? making it even more dead? Please stop and think about what you say, to fix an open world pvp game with conquest you do not Band-Aid in an arena you actually fix open world as I have told others if ya want an arena so badly...Plenty already exist. I and most others are not interested in having an mmo turn into qfall

12. VersaVice

VersaVice New Member

I think an arena would be a fantastic addition if it was not full loot. This would separate it from, and prevent it from killing open world PvP while providing a way for newer players to practice PvP without the feeling of despair when you run into a good AF vet. Gold reward for victory that scales with your win streak and a title/bragging rights could get ppl to participate. Use the billboards in capitals to link to the "duel arena" and move village billboards to player cities. Make it possible for 1v1 or group combat, and allow spectators.

Sameog likes this.
  13. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Legend Streamer

ugh you trying to get lame ass UO free shard duel pits added? Shit was the aids of uogamers and killed open world for a long time

14. VersaVice

VersaVice New Member

ugh you trying to get lame ass UO free shard duel pits added? Shit was the aids of uogamers and killed open world for a long time

I don't know what any of those things are.... sry too new to know the references

15. noname

noname Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Make it so that the arena awards enough(gold, med points) so that the game can be played like its an arena fps without ever leaving the city
    Put the game on steam

Sameog and Prodigy_Burn like this.
  16. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

Profit the money from fps players in arena. No pop for mmo atm.

Worry about open pvp/sandbox later, when some population come to game again. (Probably never more. Ever).

Sameog and noname like this.
  17. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

Ta tomando bomba é prod?
    Ta malhadão rapá.

Prodigy_Burn likes this.
  18. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Yes.

Cudelr likes this.
  19. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

Nada, creatina com água mineral. Rs

20. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

I'm sure it would help retain some people but in the end some people just don't like to lose. An area is not the panacea that everyone thinks. Doesn't even matter if you don't lose gear/consumables people just don't like to lose. It's won't stop noobs from getting smacked down by gold stars on alts i.e. CS:GO. It won't magically make people enjoy PvP. Look at the videos post here on the forums. The people that post videos don't show the engagements where they lost. Nobody ever loses in Darkfall I guess.

If you look at an arena game like Guild Wars. Go to the high level PvE areas. You'll find tons of people and it's very easy to find a group and go in the "dungeon" or mission. Then go to the Random PvP area there aren't a lot of people like 20% of what you see in a PvE area (yes made up percentage but just say significantly less). You are going have a pretty long queue time a little shorter in prime time hours. Go to the group arena and and it get worse, it will take a while to get 4 people and in the higher tiers you'll find less and less people.

I hated getting in a random and being the only one with a Resurrection Signet. Oh my favorite 3 warriors me as an elementalist and no monk. Your going to get people that don't cross heal or res (if they even have spells at all). So you want to have a ranked arena with 200 max people on the server? That's going to be one hell of a queue wait. But I guess you could grab an alt and just bypass the ranking. But then people start to catch on that your Pink Taco on his alt Refried Beans and they exit before the match starts because people don't like to lose.

I'd rather they work on TCS and get back to open world large scale PvP. That is why everyone came to Darkfall for not to sit in some damned arena all day yelling at some damn noob to learn to fucking res or fucking cross heal.

If you were on Twitch Q&A Saturday you'll know they said that type of arena is to complex and is not doable in the homegrown Darkfall engine because the folks a Razorwax never envisioned an arena because it was an open would game with no locked instances. T.J. did say he could do a coliseum type area some where on the map and players can get "in line" to duel another player. But it didn't should like anything different than a duel area where people can speculate but not interfere with the duel of get in the coliseum. So this thread idea has been killed by BPG.

At 01:49:23 T.J. kills your ELO Arena enjoy! One shotted! Follow the link and play the Most Recent video which is the only one.

#380 Not_Primetime, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Korag likes this.