Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Arena - The RoA Route to Success.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pink Taco, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Would you like to see this system in ROA?

1. Yes

68.1%
  2. No

31.9%
  1. Sameog

Sameog Deadeye
    Legend

The problem isn't that people don't like to lose.

The problem is that people don't like to have their time wasted. Go out looking for pvp, get zerged or dunked in 2 seconds, RIP 2 hours of your life making that gearbag and searching for pvp. With an arena (if they can manage do it right) there could be constant fights, whether you win or lose, no time wasted. The pvp in this game is FUN, people constantly sit in their cities dueling may as well let them fight other people in some sort of arena as well.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor, WithoutShame and Sero like this.
  2. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

TOO DIFFICULT OF A CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND, QUIT WASTING YOUR TIME.

Cudelr and Sameog like this.
  3. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

What's not to love about an extremely high skill cap pvp game where if you die there is a huge penalty, and you are regularly fighting people that have played for thousands of hours and will easily destroy you. Why would these people trying the game possibly want a way to learn the PvP system without having to mindlessly farm monsters for an hour in between every pvp session?

Sameog likes this.
  4. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Spellgazer
    Wealthy Legend

The consequence of losing in this game. Hence people don't like to lose. Zerged dunked all metaphors for losing, it sounds better than saying we lost.

Doesn't matter your argument they still aren't going to do it. I'm just telling you what they said.

At 01:49:23 T.J. kills your ELO Arena enjoy! Click the Most Recent video which is the only one.

5. skreww L00se

skreww L00se Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Do ittttt

6. Sameog

Sameog Deadeye
    Legend

My point is that people wouldn't give a shit if they lost if they could get into more fights right away.

Their idea for the village change is pretty fucking good if you listened to the video (respawning), he said obviously it isn't exactly the same as an elo arena system but it sounds like a fun system.

Also in the q&a at 01:51:00 he said it would be relatively easy to put in an arena in the world that people go to and fight and queue up, he said, "if there is enough demand for it maybe we could push that ahead. And we could probably get something like that in before territory control because it's mostly 3d modeling... placing it in the world... code pretty easy, straight forward..." He said it would be one at a time though, wait and watch because it is open world.
    How dope would it be if they put in this giant ass building with multiple rooms for dueling that people can go to watch and fight each other all day

He said if they went the route of instances it is a whole different ball game (a lot of work involved in making instances).
    Doesn't sound to me like they aren't going to do it.

You are saying that they just aren't going to do that, did you even watch what you linked?

koruun likes this.
  7. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

the game you wants exists, it is main stream and has 1000's of different names. Don't fuck up this mmo just because you don't wanna put in the work. People didn't buy this game to arena, it isn't advertised as an arena, when they picked the game up they knew it had grind ivolved especially the second time around when supposedly 5k + said bring back DF we will quit UW and play DF. I mean lets be logical bout this, I ain't saying arenas don't bring people I am just saying this is not the game or setting for it.
    --- Post updated ---
    That isn't true, they still care A LOT I play ESO you lose nothing and it takes seconds to get back to the fight maybe a minute, I get the same kind of rage/cry tells as I did in df, it is like ya punched someone's mom in the face, they get mad, I can even link screen shots with death threats to me and my family, JUST LIKE the ones I got in DF and I said nothing to the kid til after he messaged me. People care about losing more than anything else and if you genuinely believe otherwise your only fooling yourself.

Thrill Kill and Dixie Normus like this.
  8. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

This just isnt an arena game. Its that simple.

If you are an insta grat person....find one of the many arena games.

9. Sameog

Sameog Deadeye
    Legend

Obviously people like to win, but when the penalty for losing is 2 hours worth of farming and searching lost for 15 seconds of fighting it is just aids. Currently people can't even be fucked to go to villages because they don't want to waste their time getting zerged or dunked.

Do you just not want a population or what?

Also posting screenshots from another game proves nothing. lol

That is just like, your opinion I guess
    There is no other game with combat/pvp anything like Darkfall.
    Darkfall isn't an arena game CURRENTLY, but that can change.

10. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Spoken like a person who doesn't have a clue.

- Any FPS skill based game is an Arena game.
    - "Instant gratification" - lel, do I even need to argue this point?

At least we got a clear answer in that stream.

Looks like we need to push for hellgates then since they don't have the manpower or money to make this game streamable.

Cudelr and Fengor like this.
  11. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

And I dont have a clue? Lol :)

12. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Spellgazer
    Wealthy Legend

Yes but in is the open world and it not a queue system no ELO rating system yada yada. Just a dueling area. No arena instance because that requires dedicated servers, no ELO system. It's just not what is described in the thread.

And for the record I like the system T.J. described in the video.

#392 Not_Primetime, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  13. GKnyght

GKnyght Goblin Scout

I support your idea, and even discussed something quite similar to this with clanmates. I would like some way for people to zone in and spectate the matches as well (behind some kind of barrier to keep matches from being interfered with). I even like the idea of players being able to bet on matches, or put up wagers. I'd like to see several different 'maps' or zones with different environments like fighting on a ship or on a bridge across a chasm, etc.

Also, if you win a certain number of matches at your level there should be a Title to display that shows it.

Fengor and RootedOak like this.
  14. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Losing gear bags doesn't matter for shit, its so easy to get loads of gear, I don't see why people have a problem with it. Apart from the current combat patch, the reason I don't play is because I cba to port to a village or 2, not find any pvp or bad pvp (boring fights), and then wait for 40 minutes for the next set. The current village system is just shit tbh, you basically spend 40 mins in a safe city then 20 mins looking for pvp which you probably wont find.

The old consequence of losing in this game (losing your gear bag) was completely nullified because its so easy to get everything now days. PvP these days lacks any reason to pvp other than just for pvp, this just isn't enough for a lot of people. So the population drops so there isn't enough population for people who like to pvp.

Trust me I hate to agree with Korag, but in this case I do, I hate the idea of having an arena style system in this game, the things I love about this game is the random open world fights you get. The current village system is almost an arena system as it is and I hate it, its just caused every1 to be in blue cities for 2/3s of the time.

This game use to have grind, which made the full loot system a really fun thing, now its just to easy of a grind.

Thrill Kill likes this.
  15. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

Sorrow Avaritia

Yea, for you or me, people who have played darkfall for years, getting loads of gear is easy. But for a new player who has no idea what they are doing? it's a huge fucking setback. Just because you, me, and the 100 other autistic fuckers in this game suffered through the initial pvp lessons in this game, doesn't mean it was a good idea to have it be like that.

Having a way for people to learn the pvp system without losing all their shit when they die would be awesome.

People act like an arena system would mean less people in the open game world. If it gave people something to do in between lulls in action to keep their inertia in game and if it gave a way for new players to get into the game, it would result in more people playing the game, and more people in the open world.

Pink Taco, Chantree and Sameog like this.
  16. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Thats what dueling is for hombre.

Getting gear is in the best state its ever been.

Market, scaling, it's not hard, at all. Just takes a little game knowledge which is acquired through actually playing the game. Part of the fun.

Cudelr and Fengor like this.
  17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

That isn't true, they still care A LOT I play ESO you lose nothing and it takes seconds to get back to the fight maybe a minute, I get the same kind of rage/cry tells as I did in df, it is like ya punched someone's mom in the face, they get mad, I can even link screen shots with death threats to me and my family, JUST LIKE the ones I got in DF and I said nothing to the kid til after he messaged me. People care about losing more than anything else and if you genuinely believe othertwise your only
    but that's just it, people came back to this game knowing how the grind is/was and in fact they came back when it was much much worse, If they had issue with the grind they never would have come back. This is an mmo not an arena and everyone playing is aware of that a majority know extremely well how grindy it used to be.

I do want a pop but I don't wanna play an arena.

Can you not tell the difference between the 2?
    --- Post updated ---
    don't waste your time with that kid, when ever ya disagree with him he will go into retard mode and will begin to do tricks on demand I have a screen shot of it.
    --- Post updated ---
    they made getting bags super easy. compared to the way it used to.
    That and player auctions would ensure a huge dip in open world interactions. People have become unbelievably lazy in this day n age as can be seen by the changes in leveling and gear in ROA.

Thrill Kill likes this.
  18. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

397 replies and still not even a shitty arena

Sameog likes this.
  19. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

What do you mean villages are a shitty arena =0.

Thrill Kill likes this.
  20. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

I mean lil a
    I mean like a little safezone watchable arena like a begone away from red moon and sangarena for fun duels and team fights

GKnyght likes this.