Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Arena - The RoA Route to Success.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pink Taco, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Would you like to see this system in ROA?

1. Yes

68.1%
  2. No

31.9%
  1. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

Dude i did alrdy in many posts the idea is solid. It just nOt the solution or what the game needs whats your obessions with arena ?

Saying arena is this games success is False!

2. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

39 votes

lol

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Slayven and Pink Taco like this.
  3. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

What i wanna know is further details to the market and territory system these things we should know about first
    or better yet lets come up with a new method other then arena for pvp lile killrain said in another thread i think. Lets be creative for once. Tbe more brains the better right? We all play the same game we all want this game to thrive ( i hope).
    And whats the eta on this patch
    --- Post updated ---
    Great u can count lol

4. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Would you call World of Warcraft an MMORPG? It added arenas a year or so into the game, and it had a massive open world environment... however arena did take over as it did not have any reason you had to go into that open world. You could acquire everything you needed from the arena alone. The system stated in the original post is to do the opposite... it will require you to be in the open world frequently in order to partake in the arena. I simply do not think you are able to comprehend that, for what reason I do not know. Thus due to this I stated your reading comprehension must be low... if not that maybe your ability to interpret English is not up to par, as it does not seem to be your first language.

5. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Talk about a brick wall
    You keep saying the same shit and telling people what they are unable to comprehend yet you refuse to comprehend that this is an open world MMO and you want it to be focused around an Arena. I am ok with in the future adding an arena but not focusing on it, It should just be their when ya want a change or don't have much time or your challenged and need to keep your rating or some shit. It shouldn't be their so people can grind hard for a week then go sit in a q for a week+

6. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

arenas have been suggested for years.. at least the good thing is some of the people who probably shot down arenas in UW are at least for it..

one of the perks of an arena system that I have not seen mentioned (have not read whole thread though.. same shit, different year) is that the ground work would be there for an automated tournament system (different # vs # every day or few days w/e.. rewards can be minimal if theres a leaderboard.. our retarded community loves bragging rights)
    #UOForLife

Fengor, Slayven and Pink Taco like this.
  7. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

Simple wow sucks and no it evolved even still game is shit and isnt a game for me if i want a pve game ill play something like pantheon riseof the fallen if i just want pvp i wouldnt play mmorpg id play a fps if i want a mix of several genres id play darkfall darkfalls current strenght is thr pvp its weakness is content/pve let focus on that

8. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

The tickets I believe were suggested to have an expiration, add a limit. Lol, brick wall eh? I didn't say I want the game focused around arena. I want it to be one aspect of the game. You are putting words in my mouth at that point.
    --- Post updated ---
    Arena is one aspect of the mmorpg called Wow... some would say the pvp is better than darkfalls lol

9. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

Dumb is dumb man u cant fix dumb @Pink Taco

Taco arena is way down the road and yes if u add this asprct will do the game no good it will change what the ames core is and people will leave in flocks of w.e the population is nuff said and why u comaring other games 2 darkfall? There is no game like it ans shouldnt be

10. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

An arena removes players from the open world during a match where my idea keeps them there for everyone to see while they're fighting. It's the same concept that is going to take place with a lot of the faction warfare elements. It's a must for factions because we can't have non faction players interfering with the important faction battles. So it keeps them in the world keeping that visual activity up while also providing streamable content.

Could be anything! Would get creative, steal ideas from other games, whatever the case. I would want to tie it into lore, because we need a lot more of that. This is just off the top of my head, no forethought, but you are sent to [location] to help save [whatever], your job is to protect this thing at all costs. The other group is then assigned to go destroy this thing, or kill some NPC and it's your job to protect it. You could have missions that require you to move warhulks, protect a ship, take control over an area, all kinds of things. Make them time based and allow players to return to the fight quickly and ready to go so they fight can carry on.

Why I think an arena would be better placed after population increased:
    When you look at the list of twitch games, minus WoW, they all share something in common that RoA doesn't have, equal characters from the start. When you go into a game like that you expect to queue up and go without leveling your character. That's not to say that having an arena wouldn't make it look more appealing, but what happens when those people log in and realize they can't just go straight for the fights? A mission based system would allow us to create missions that don't require max characters or max skills, but overall teamwork instead.

Fengor, Dixie Normus, Slayven and 2 others like this.
  11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Yes brick wall we know your opinion but whenever someone else offers you argue more and keep saying the same thing. The you think that people will actually just keep farming in darkfall so they can sit and join an arena and do it long term and keep doing it. That other non mmo types of players are going to suddenly take an interest in darkfall and go level a toon farm shit so they can do an arena that they can do already in a ton of other games, it is like your brain is so dead locked and focused on one thing your unable to adapt and view everything else around you that actually is logical and makes sense. Even if they did arena it isn't going to save an MMO it is not why people play this game.
    Then you use wow and its arena? really a game with no open world pvp that is based mostly on pve and your bring up arena in that game. Cmon man you make it so hard to not just laugh at you.
    --- Post updated ---
    No you didn't use the words focus around arena, but ya want an arena and you want open world to drive it by farming so that you can go do an arena, so while you didn't openly say it, your words and ideas say that exactly.

Skelly likes this.
  12. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

What flocks of population do we have to lose? lol.

Fengor likes this.
  13. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Potentially lots that want to see the game progress as an mmo but see that it was wasted for an arena

14. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Said the arena would drive the open world, and open world would drive the arena. I didn't say I wanted it to be the focus.. I think much the same about you with repeating yourself lol. Wow started with no arena and later it was added and it was a hit, and became a big part of the game, but not the focus as stated by skelly "its a pve game" lol.

15. Skelly

Skelly Crypt Guard

I touched wow 4 a month at launch n quickly left the pvp was bad

Korag likes this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

Yes but wow was pve based. SOOO not the same game, no conquest or anything remotely close to darkfall just cannot be compared.
    and for a guy that "HATES" people that argue how the hell do ya live with yourself? You have done every bit as much arguing in this thread with everyone that doesn't agree with you as I have. Your a huge hypocrite dude

17. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

Hate people that argue to argue. I am defending an idea with my statements... I believe you argued the meaning of guessing and guestimate and some other word in this very thread a few pages earlier... that kind of bickering is what I was talking about :). The only people I am arguing with in this thread actually are Skelly and yourself, so I'll stop.
    --- Post updated ---
    I can not see why both your missions and arena wouldn't both be very nice additions to the game. I like both the ideas. I actually made post in beta suggesting such missions to go into enemy faction territory and take down their "Champion" and turn in his head for rewards and faction alignment, as well as a mission for the opposing side to defend this champion. You have the champion's already basically :) I made this post as yall were trying to remove racial wars. In quite detail may I add.

18. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Shard carriers woot woot

Fengor and Dixie Normus like this.
  19. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I can't think of any real successful mmorpg's that don't have an instanced arena and or battleground in them.

I feel like if you have to go out in the world to farm to get into the arena There shouldn't be a problem.

A ranking system in a battleground or arena environment for this game I feel like would be really really good for it.

People get off on being the top rank teams, top rank brackets, best class/playstyle for their bracket. It's something to fight for... And we really don't have any reason to fight at the moment.

Pink Taco likes this.
  20. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

Arena would be dope. Should make it right beside sanguine and call it "Banguine" .

Andrew, Pink Taco and Oresmacker like this.