Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Arena With Ranking System Or RIP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Juice

Juice Air Elemental
    Legend

This game needs an arena with a ranking system. People do not have time to roam for hours just to find no fight, or get zerged by robed losers. If people could log in, and instantly queue up for a FAIR good fight, many people would actually want play again.

The arena could have 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 or whatever numbers you think work. This also brings back the competitive aspect to darkfall. People will want to see who is the best. There could be some special rewards or titles for the top ranked people.

Now before people complain and say that this will kill open world action, let's think about this. People will be fighting waaaay more than anything that is going on in game currently. This means people will actually have a need to go out and farm more gear. It does not do anything to the fact that you can still go hit people in their holdings (which is the only pvp right now), drop sieges, and now there will be actually be people out in the world farming. Guaranteed this will bring many people back and hopefully some new competitive people.

There is no way this would be that difficult to implement.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 Juice, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    PENETRATOR, Chantree, Oddjob and 2 others like this.
  2. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

No.

Aristos Giannes and STDIO like this.
  3. gatorsmash

gatorsmash Deadeye
    Legend

Like for Honor, but with magic!

Oddjob likes this.
  4. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Should a been implemented 2 months ago. People don't understand that this will actually increase open world pvp... so dumb

5. kingp43

kingp43 Goblin Shaman
    Hero

Well, for one, I've never known any version of darkfall to be about "fair fights"

I'm against the arena idea btw. I do think it'd be ok to use any of the hundred empty spots on the map to build some sort of arena or something. But, I'm 100% against making the game nothing but arena, PUBG style.

I know my opinion doesn't matter, but I still throw it around from time to time haha.

6. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

If we implemented an arena that was "fair" and "instanced" without making changes to how gear is lost, why would you see more people in the open-world? The only way I see that working out the way you think it would is if we make changes to how gear is lost, something many of you are vehemently against.

People say this about a lot of changes, not realizing just how difficult it actually may be to accomplish. What some of you feel is "easy" may in fact be extremely difficult and time consuming, whereas other things you feel may be "hard" are in fact easy and less time consuming.

Creating an instanced arena and ladder system is certainly possible, but it would not be as easy as you think and would take time and resources away from all the other kinds of things we could be working on. I am not saying we do not have plans to add in ladders or an "arena" type system (we do), but it is not a top priority right now.

MaxiHori, Lucan, STDIO and 2 others like this.
  7. SuB ZeRo

SuB ZeRo Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

siege simulator lets go

breakqop, MaxiHori, STDIO and 2 others like this.
  8. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Siege simulator

Fuck ya I'm all for this

9. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

durability, regs, pots

and in case where the #x# is for bags, to replenish lost bags

an instanced arena system could also have an additional perk as it could be used for an automated tournament system (god I love UO servers)

Lucan, kingp43 and MerleisAirdburne like this.
  10. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

Of course we need a arena. With full loot and no full loot.

This game is not a mmo anymore. Mmo needs population. 4k prime time at least.

Corpus Callosum likes this.
  11. STDIO

STDIO Gravelord
    Legend

Why don't we focus on things that will actually attract and retain new players? Instead of catering to the small group of vets that killed the population to begin with. This is a terrible idea.

Korag, Slayven, Dixie Normus and 3 others like this.
  12. dinazoe

dinazoe Goblin Warlord
    Hero

Kid i can upload vids of me in robes crusifying vets 3v1. You shit tiers will play arena at your elo and you will have fun.

13. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Offered an Elo ranking system to DF players in the events thread and absolutely no one submitted.

You don't want ranked arenas you want bragging rights and free stuff for being good at game.

Game needs more ways to play not fewer.

Bring in the deployable player vendors. Bring in more fluff and things to do apart from combat.

Don't cater to the instant gratification mob who want everything instantly - gear, PvP, gold.

Managing a clans supply lines is a skill and the instant gratification crap we add to the game the less relevant those skills become until the game is just whoever has more epic FPS players on their team.

The resulting game will have such limited appeal its guaranteed to die.

There's much better options than Darkfall if all you want is an arena shooter.

Korag and kingp43 like this.
  14. miteeth

miteeth Goblin Scout
    Legend

Maybe an arena thats not full loot, but still eats ur regs and durability.

15. Lucan

Lucan Ghost
    Hero

I was initially going to say no an arena needs to be full loot. But after thought I believe you need an incentive to still open world pvp (outside actual content) over the arena system. And no looting would be the easy way to do it. Still got the ladders etc which can lead to titles/rewards at the end of a season

16. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

You mean like arranging fights in game between like you can already do?

Seriously people if you want an "arena" then frickin' organise it in game. There's tonnes of places, no towers, that you could hold tournaments. So go out and do it.

Why are people asking the devs for instanced PvP when there's dozens of locations you could hold a tournament in.

kingp43 likes this.
  17. Gotja

Gotja Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

I think u fail to understand how the real issue with darkfall Pvp is the ammount of time it takes to do anything

MaxiHori and Fengor like this.
  18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

That that problem needs addressed. You do not fix a problem by making it worse or applying a little bandaid that does not promote the game long term. People play this because it is a pvp mmo. Take that away and it is just another fucking arena. If you want arena their just happens to be a shit load of them and many with better fps qualities than DF

MaxiHori and MikeJT like this.
  19. Piratenoob

Piratenoob New Member

This game is so dead. Should have developed UW. I wouldn't even play if it were free ever again. The past is gone away guys.

The forums are entertaining watching the vets kill yet another version and eat themselves. The mere fact you have Squanto not banned is mindblowing considering he was banned 3 times in UW alone for hacking. And him and his band of hacking hooligans are all that is left of this pos game. Need I say more.

When there are no sheep to be had...there is dead DF.

#19 Piratenoob, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  20. Statusquo

Statusquo Goblin Warlord
    Affluent Loyal Supporter

Arena will be the final nail in the coffin of darkfall. HOW MANY TIMES do we have to go back to this... there is about 20-30 people begging for an an arena, you want to know what happens with the low population and arena? you fight the same 5 or 6 guys over and over again and then you get stuck at a certain rank because there isn't enough people to fight at your level..Anyone who wants a arena right now in this state of the game just wants to get their pvp rocks off one last time before they move on and find a different game. Sorry, you can just quit now. I want this game to keep going and make changes to bring in a large sustainable population. you dont pay 10 bucks a month for a PUBG remake. this is an MMO not an arena based game. the sooner you people realize that the sooner we get past this whole arena business.
    [​IMG]

#20 Statusquo, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Korag and MikeJT like this.