Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brando Pando, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

We're not sure how the system will work but if it requires queuing and waiting then the argument that gear dura loss will incentivise people to go out into the world and mitigate gear inflation is wrong. It will likely result in people dueling while waiting to duel which is fine if that's what you want but it wont result in a reliable sink if it is free. Even if it's possible for multiple arena fights at the same time the dura loss would be negligible compared to what we already have.

2. Sameog

Sameog Crypt Guard
    Legend

To the people that think arena will ruin open world... Open world is already dead? lelelele

The arena will potentially bring in more players. It will also make the players more confident in their pvp skills. This will lead to more people that are confident enough to go outside of their cities and fight open world instead of instant running. Which will lead to more open world fights. More players will be able to practice and play at a competitive level.

Also the game will finally be stream friendly. Seriously it is a win win.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Bonii, Chantree and Billy Lee like this.
  3. propain

propain Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

• Reward nothing but ladder e-peen ego flexing. Don't make this a way to get gear otherwise it will kill off the less skilled players from joining and hurt open world farming if people can make a living off of it.
    • Small gold fee to enter, gold sink, encourages users to farm more gold and go into the open world. Something small to keep people playing but enough that it can hurt you if you are lax. Like 500g
    • NO FULL LOOT. Backing the first point it cannot be a way to get gear and discourage players, possibly even have durability loss while in arena.
    • Have seasons, have season winners (top 3 per bracket) give out titles to high placing elo players etc...this should be the only reward. Nothing tangible, but simple EGO boosting shit. (i see now that they have stated titles will be given to people, didn't read)
    • Optional but i'd encourage the queue up system to be on NPCS OUTSIDE of cities so that people don't just wall hug queue all day and may actually sparks some open world fights.

All in all I believe what I mentioned above to be a good system for keeping open world pvp healthy. It does not reward anything, it encourages you to farm more and it adds quick accessible fights to the game to promote streamers, which is what this game really needs. Really though I just hope its not full loot because it will make mediocre players not want to play and it will simply be top player vs top player..

#23 propain, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Fengor and Nat like this.
  4. Leo Woods

Leo Woods Skeleton Archer

As much as I personally would enjoy the introduction of an arena system, something within me is telling me it is a REALLY bad idea for an open world MMORPG.

5. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I think Arena is huge for new players to learn from can't wait for it

6. MikerotchBAGFACE

MikerotchBAGFACE Varangian Warthane

Reality is there is almost 0 risk in the current system, get a huge zerg duel and zerg villages / buy off market. There is almost 0 organic PvP unkess you are jumping a guy at a mob spawn. There is no open world PvP not sure what people are on about.

Billy Lee and Sameog like this.
  7. Janosh

Janosh Windlord
    Legend

:rage:

Bonii likes this.
  8. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

While I'm still not aold that arena is a good idea, it could be, will see what they do with it.

Right now this "organic" pvp that you speak of is a joke. With the mob soawn relocations and consolidated to mid map, risk/reward is WAY off.

Not that you should be able to farm in peace all the time. But any of these desired materials have to be group farmed or you get jumped by 3 or 4 people within minutes every time.

Then you either have to leave, or get jumped by a bigger group than you just fought off, as this current meta teaches you to zerg or lose.

At least that's how midmap works these days. Might be different if you play other than prime time, but many people with normal jobs primetime is the only time we can play.

9. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

You mentioned in another thread that you have tried to farm mid map many times and gotten attacked. Why do you feel that you must farm mid map? You absolutely, 100%, do not need to. High-end materials have been regionalized to the subcontinents as well. There are dangerous places there as well, but much less so, and you can always find a good isolated location to farm if you take the time to look. It really seems to me that you are going to the most dangerous places in the world and running into strong groups of players that are there for premium farming and/or accessible pvp.

As Neil said, farm random stuff -> buy from other players. Inflation is not an excuse because the items you should be selling will have inflated values as well. Set your map to medium, hard, and very hard monsters and seek out the most inconvenient places for people to search that still have good farming opportunities, there are many such places. I guarantee if you do that you will return home with loot more often and many times you will not be contested. However, the more time you spend in an area, the higher chance of pvp, and other people are looking for safe options as well so you may encounter each other, but not often. Lastly, you can make a LOT of profit by farming easy and medium monsters on the mainland, you just need to be more open-minded about how you acquire high-end gear.

10. Euchre

Euchre Goblin Warlord
    Patron Hero

I have been doing that some. However soloing some of the harder monsters in the game gives variety.

But the bigger theme is the risk vs reward is not balanced for center map currently. If you need to take a group to survive farming, you should get group level rewards.
    --- Post updated ---
    Forgot to add... Some of the tasks which also gives some goal and variety to over are nearly impossible to complete unless you belong to a certain alliance right now.

There are a couple mobs that only have 2 or 3 spawns now that aren't midmap, but are close enough to holdings that you can hear casting.

HaldirHardy and Billy Lee like this.
  11. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Yo let's be honest though. We are all wishing the arena would be Apex Legends but with Darkfall.

The Red King and Fengor like this.